2001 Volkswagen GTI

Based on 262 Ratings for the 1999 - 2005 models.

I LOVE MY GTI!!!

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "FAST,FUN,RELIABLE,GREAT ON GAS!!!"

Cons: "Expensive replacement parts and suspension build."

"I have loved my car since the day i got it. It has a few upgrades on her and shes a rocket!!!! I broke a few things on it and they were spendy but i will tell you that if you are worried about spending money on this car DONT BUY ONE because they are very pricey for alot of things like my $200 in dash cup holder... SO I LOVE MY CAR but there not cheap."

Looks good...

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, nice on the eye's"

Cons: "Expensive when things break, and they will break"

"I have had this car for almost 5 years now. The car in it's prime was amazing. It was quick for a little 4 cylinder. It looked nice and had awesome features. Almost immediately after the warranty expired things changed. All of the material in the car has become unglued due to the Florida heat. I had to get the roof and door pannels fixed. At 60k miles the turbo started to give me issues. I was able to drive if for a few months before oil began to leak from the turbo. In the end I had to rebuild the turbo. The car looks awesome, but once that warranty expires you're in for some trouble."

great until you need to do basic maintanence.

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "fuel eco. fun to drive"

Cons: "expensive to have work done"

"Ive had this car now for about 5 years and I enjoy it very much for my basic daily driver.... It has been very dependable so far. The goods: quick- excellent if you do alot of city driving and need to adjel :) good fuel millage- I average 30-32mpg. Fun- the factory recaro seats form to all drivers with many adjustments, and are also heated makes you form to the car making you want to speed all the time lol... The bads: Absolutly the worst car in the winter even with snow tires and EPS ( the brakes pulse in such a way to keep your car out of a skid) more than once it almost got me into an accident. Expensive- very expensive to have ANY type of work done and I do mean any and all! figure double."

Absurdly Great Car for the money

By on Sunday, January 08, 2012

"Great engine. Ride height low enough to be sporty, high enough not to scrape every driveway in town. Pros - Engine, Handling, Seats, Stereo, Visibility, Utility, Fun to Drive, Drives like a much more expensive car Cons - adequate gas mileage, every plastic latch has broken and been replaced, clutch and flywheel lasted less than 50k miles"

Owned this car for 10 good years

By on Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, great touring car"

Cons: "They don't build this body anymore..."

"This has been a great car. Only issue with it was a power window safety device about a year into my ownership. Dealer recall handled that and it's worked perfectly in the subsequent years since 2003 - and I still own the car. Mileage declined a bit around 100K miles, had some tuneup work done by dealership and now mileage is even better than when the car was new. I guess they reprogrammed the chip or something when they put new plugs and stuff on it. Rubber hoses started to deteriorate at age 10 years so just replaced those too. Ran autocross with car for a year or two and even that hasn't hurt this German jewel! What a value this car has been... I love my heated seats too! Also, I put a hitch on to tow a light trailer with 500 pound moto- no problems. Zero, zip! Great car.. buy one!"