2015 Volkswagen Golf Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,289 - $17,667.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 09/01/2016

9.8

Based on 6 Ratings for the 2015 - 2016 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10
Per Page:  5 | 10

Phenomenal Car-Even in An Accident!

By on Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Pros: "Turbocharged Power, Handling, Ride Quality, Safety"

Cons: "No USB Port on 2015s, Somewhat Wonky Transmission"

"I never intended on purchasing a Volkswagen Golf back in 2015, but after reading several reviews I felt I had to give it a look. The Golf has everything one can need for basic transportation. Want a fuel efficient car? My Golf averages 34.5 MPG in mixed driving across New Jersey (highways and urban driving). Want a car that can handle the freeway? The Golf feels like it has more than enough power with its 1.8L turbo four, easily handling highway speeds and passing traffic with aplomb. Want a comfortable car? The Golf is quieter, rides better, and has better seats than most luxury cars that are twice as expensive. Want a car that can haul stuff and people? Last summer my Golf took four friends and all the gear for our beach encampment down to the Jersey Shore at least six times and no one complained about space. But the real reason that I am utterly satisfied with my purchase of a Mk7 Golf comes from safety. My Golf does not have any of the optional extras, but when it was rear ended three weeks ago so hard it was thrown into a roadside retaining wall, it kept both myself and my girlfriend safe and left us in better shape than the man who rear ended us in his 50,000 dollar Infiniti Q50. The picture above proves such. If it were not for the Golf, my girlfriend and I may have had to been brought to the hospital on gurneys in an ambulance. Because of it, we actually were able to drive ourselves three miles to the hospital (it later had to be towed because the seatbelts locked out). Sure, my Golf isn't perfect. My biggest gripe, the automatic transmission, seems to always upshift too eagerly and gets rather confused in urban driving. And not having an actual USB port and instead having to shell out money for the Volkswagen proprietary USB cable is rather irksome. But those are small quibbles. If you're looking for a safe, fun to drive, fast, and practical car, look no further. I would handedly recommend a Golf to all my friends."

Best car I ever owned. GREAT MPG

By on Friday, November 13, 2015

Pros: "TORQUE MPG LOOKS"

Cons: "The recall"

Ain't she a lovely hatch

"Great MPG TORQUE Value. Only down side is the recall"

Ain't she a lovely hatch

Great car. Much better Mileage than rated

By on Thursday, January 21, 2016

Pros: "Mileage, styling, cargo room."

Cons: "poor seats, emission recall"

"I have a TDI Golf Sportwagen and absolutely love this car. It's well laid out, handles well although it's not a GTI, it has tons of room. More than most horrible SUV's that litter our roads. I got it to tow my sailboat and for the mileage. The mileage is waaaay better than I was expecting. The worst I have gotten on a tank of gas is 41.8 while pulling my boat on a 1600 mile trip. It would have been better if not for 2 several hour traffic jams. I usually average 47 mpg combined and the worst I've had without towing is 43.5. I only have 2 negative things to say about this car.First of course is the emissions recall and the second are the seats. I've heard people say the seats have won praises from doctors but I find the lumbar support horribly inadequate. My old 323i was 10x better as is my wife's GTI."

Most TORQUE best car I ever Had love it !!

By on Saturday, November 21, 2015

Pros: "Very HIGH MPG TORQUE PLUS resale value"

51 MPG going to Moms house. 175 miles round trip. All highway at 65 mph, with soft foot

"Only CON is the recall. I am personally going to gratefully take the (2) $500 cards and run. Car drives like a dream. Small issue with very strong side winds here in my state. OVER-All 10-10-10-10+. This is my second VW GOLF"

Best Car Ever. Love this Car

By on Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Pros: "Best car in the price renge."

"Driving is incredible. Detail is great. Performance is outstanding!"

Best car I have ever owned.

By on Saturday, May 21, 2016

Pros: "Great over all vehicle. Fun to drive. Comfortable."

Cons: "None."

"I own a 2015 Golf. I traded in a 2012 Golf. I love these cars. And the 2015/16 is the best Golf ever. One can easily drive this car around town or across country. It is that comfortable. I have had not one problem with the car."

Per Page:  5 | 10