2015 Volkswagen Golf Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,396 - $17,865.

Based on 92 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

I LOVE this car

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "engine is a bit noisy"

"This car is so much fun to drive...lots of power, great handling, very responsive. Plus, it gets amazing gas mileage. Exactly what I wanted!"

A case of Serendipity

By on Sunday, August 11, 2013

Pros: "Solid highway driving, good mpg, handles well"

Cons: "A little slow off the line, engine growls"

"My VW Golf TDI is remarkably comfortable and fast for me as it turns in great mpg in mixed city/highway driving. As I am 6'3", I enjoy the novel headroom and I enjoy the little things I find it does for me without telling me. For instance, I found the excellent night vision was enhanced when I make a turn because the fog lights turn on to illuminate the side the car is going to. I also like finding the radio interacting with my cell phone, even if the phone is in the trunk or back seat. What I find a little odd is the momentary slowness off the line in regular driving. The car needs to be moving for the turbo to kick in or one can switch to the "S" driving mode for the car to kick in instantly. Be warned, the "S" (for sport driving) is no friend of good gas mileage and will make the good numbers disappear, if used regularly. "S" makes the car dig in for ferocious torque and high rpm's. As for the space, the TDI is okay for putting people in the back, but it does look like a clown car when I load up with furniture. The other small thing is the engine growl of the diesel kind. I jokingly parked it next to a cow field in South Carolina and then turned it on. The cows looked at me for a moment, but were not scared as if a lion was nearby. Overall, I like the Golf TDI very much for getting around the city as it has a quiet and comfortable look to it. While it is more expensive than many cars in its league, I believe the car will show more of its value in the long run, and long after its competitors have been traded in or scrapped."

Exceptional value

By on Wednesday, July 07, 2010

"I have a VERY long commute to/from work and was looking for a fuel efficent, comfortable but sporty car. I have owned the car only about a month and I am pleased with the performance and the sporty feel. I am getting use to watching the speedometer c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y and trying to keep the speed down. Easily cruises at 80mph for hours without any problems. The fuel mileage at this speed is still in the 40's!! Unbelieveable! I've cut my fuel stops in half with this car. I love it!! Go VW!"

VW Got it Right With the 2010 Golf TDI!

By on Thursday, July 01, 2010

"VW definitly exceeded expectations with the 2010 Golf TDI. I purchased the vehicle about 6 weeks ago and every aspect of the Golf has been great. First off, if you are considering the 2010 Golf I would highly recommend the diesel TDI option. The performance of the diesel engine blows away the gas model and the fuel economy is second to none and consisently performs above 40 mpg. Prior to purchasing the VW golf I owned a Toyota Pruis hybrid and the VW golf diesel (which is not a hybrid) easily gets better fuel economy than the Prius without sacrificing performance. The Golf provides amazing power, speed, and torque- it's really amazing that VW engineered a great combination of performance and economy in the TDi engine. The vehicle exterior is greatly improved over prior Golf models in that it stands out from the prototypical VW model. Often VW shared many body similarities to Audi (also part of the VW group), but if I wanted a car that looked like an Audi- then I would buy an Audi. The Golf has updated modern, european style with a shape and seamless curves that fit the size and style of the vehicle. The headlights stand out in style and provide exceptional visibility. The fog lamps finish off and complete the design enhancements in the front. The rear hatchback combined with a hidden handle inside the rear VW logo highlight the rear along with dual exhausts. Two other notes on the exterior are the 17" performance tires and a key free exterior (the VW golf wouldn't function with a regular key anyway as the anti-theft system is deactivated only by the remote keychain). The interior of Golf TDI provides an above average amount of standard equipment with modern technology that rivals many luxury models. The dashboard is centered with a multifunction lcd screen, premium radio and sound system with 6 disc in dash cd changer and controls for a well performing hvac system. The drivers dash panel contains traditional tachometer and spedometer, but goes above expectation with an lcd screen centered between the gauges that is controlled from the steering wheel. The screen offers the driver a multitude of options for display- a few of which are digital spedometer, trip data, and several different fuel economy calculators that will provide you with more information about your fuel consumption and economy/performance than most people even realize. The steering wheel is well sized, contains multifunction controls, and has independant tilt and telescoping adjustment capability. The interior is highlighted with a brushed chrome that does not show fingerprints and is easy to keep clean. The seating is spacious and comfortable. The front seats have several comfort and position adjustments and a premium cloth with detailing is present and gives the interior a premium and unique look. The rear is more than adequate with very comfortable seating and is functional with 60/40 folding seats to access the cargo area. The cargo area is spacious with ample room and practical enhancements for securing cargo. In summary- I'm thrilled with my new car. It has everything and more than I would expect or need. The info I provided only touches on some of the features of the vehicle, if I tried to describe them all this review would be 10 x longer than it already is! I do hope this info does help anyone who is researching new cars!"

TDI = High quality, great mileage & power

By on Saturday, December 22, 2012

Pros: "Big torque down low, unbelievable mileage, fun"

Cons: "Service on a diesel costs more than gas"

"I bought a TDI 6-speed Manuel 4-door for 24,000 inc. extra rubber mats and window tinting . This car amazes me every time I drive it because of the power (236 lbs torque at 1750-2500 rpm) available and the milage it is getting. Rated at 30 city and 40 hwy, I am getting about 35 city and 46+ hwy. Ex: I set cruise control at 70 MPH today and it indicated 46 MPG. I didn't really buy his car to be a hyper miler, but I find myself trying to improve my average mileage. Compared to my Honda Si, this car is by far a better daily driver. Although the SI had 200 Hp, I had to rev to 7000 rpm to use it. Who drives at 7000 rpm daily? The TDI has a lot more torque, and torque is what makes this car feel fast. Interior is high quality. The drivers info display is full of useful pages. The 8 speaker stereo gets high approval from my teenager. The DSG was cool, but I went with the six speed and love it. It just doesn't seem possible to have so much power and such great mileage."