2014 Volkswagen Golf Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,890 - $19,137.

10/7.4

Based on 75 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 ... 6 7 8 | Next

TDI = :-)

By on Thursday, May 19, 2011

"I traded in my beloved 2002 Land Rover Discovery for a 2011 VW Golf TDI. I'm on the road for work all the time and you just can't beat the MPG with the feel of actually driving a car vs a hybrid. Yes, the hybrid will give you better MPG's but the over all longevity of the diesel engine over the batter in the golf kart will last you a lot longer. The styling is still very european and its fun fast and enjoyable to drive."

best new car

By on Wednesday, April 27, 2011

"easily the best car i have ever owned I was very impressed all the way around, inside and out car is a total performer"

one of my favorites

By on Wednesday, April 06, 2011

"it is a car with unique and amazing features that will suit you as u ride"

By on Tuesday, February 22, 2011

golf tdi

By on Saturday, February 05, 2011

"i have 8800 miles on my 2010 golf tdi and i love it. I get amazing gas milage and it rides great. i have zero complaints so far.i would highly recommend this car to anyone who wants a good mix of everything( speed/comfort/fuel economy."

Love it

By on Monday, January 24, 2011

"This car is great: the power of the diesel engine, the gas mileage, the internal and external styling, the way the seats hold you in, the environmental ratings, the attention to detail... I love it. I am a tiny person (5'1") and the only issue I have is that I need to pull my seat forward every time I get in to be able to fully depress the clutch and then move it back to get out of the car. A small price to pay for a seriously fun and surprisingly roomy car (e.g., me, my brother, three of his friends and all of our stuff driving around for three days). I put 12k miles on it in 6 months and it has served me well. Best mileage I've gotten to date was 50mpg, it meets California's new emission standards, takes biodiesel and qualified for a 'green' tax credit. It obviously doesn't perform like a WRX or other sportscars, but it can definitely hold its own and is pretty powerful. I highly recommend this car."

2010 2.5L 6speed Auto

By on Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"Super Quality built in Germany Auto, Great Performance from the 2.5L, Decent MPG's, averaging 28 MPG : ). Triptronic transmission extracts copious torque through all the RPM range. Great in the City & a super ride on the highways...Comfortable seats/interior. Hatchback design is useful for large items. Great room in rear seats for passengers. Great standard 8 speakers sounds system. Great handling & controls. Great investment for the $'s You get what you pay for & the Golf is a great investment & super fun to drive... It's like a little Mercedes : ) @ half the price. I love my Golf, and I don't Golf : ) Best small car that I've owned 4-Sure."

Not met expectations

By on Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"owned vehicle for six months, already having issues with TPMS light on. Replace two tires leaking air. Miles per gallon not to expectations around 24 miles per gallon."

Imagine a Prius...Now Make it FUN

By on Saturday, January 08, 2011

"I bought this car because I wanted something that was fun to drive and also sipped fuel. I drove tons of cars - Focus, Prius, Mazda 3, and even a Golf GTI (still reasonably fuel-efficient given the extra horsepower). This car blew them all away. Performance: I've seen some reviews that say this is almost as fun to drive as the GTI and they aren't exaggerating! My boss who drives a BMW 3-series was impressed with how this thing handles around corners, and the low-pitched rumble of the engine is awesome when accelerating out of a corner. Fuel Efficiency: I drive about 1500 miles a month, mostly highway, and I end up getting about 42mpg on average in the summer and am getting about 40 in the winter (that's for a tank) despite some "spirited" driving. The fuel efficiency definitely drops off during city driving but is still respectable. For the type of driving I do, this is about even with the Prius's 48mpg highway (higher MPG numbers yield diminishing returns because of the way it is calculated) Cabin: This car definitely feels more upscale than the other cars I drove. It's definitely no Audi or BMW, but it isn't that far off and you definitely won't feel embarrassed to show it off to your friends and co-workers. The touchscreen radio seemed a bit excessive when I bought the car but now that I've been using it for almost a year I don't know if I could go back - it's nice seeing all the information about a song at once! Cons: There aren't a whole lot of storage compartments in this car. There is a pocket in each of the doors, a glove compartment, and a bit of space between the driver and passenger front seat and that's pretty much it. It was a big change from the Honda Accord I had owned previously, and definitely less space than some of the other compacts I drove. Also, be prepared to be second-class citizen at fueling stations - many gas stations don't have diesel and those that do usually have only 1-2 stations that also do normal fuel so are often occupied by cars that don't need the diesel. That being said, the car has about a 600 mile range for me, so having to wait a couple more exits to refuel isn't bad. Also, don't expect to get any discounts on fuel when you wash your car - that's apparently for gasoline users only!"

Perfect long commuter

By on Monday, January 03, 2011

"Like most TDIers, I have a 100 mile commute every day. The diesel gets great gas mileage in the summer, and better than most in the winter. Interior is typical great ergonomic VW stuff. Acceleration is acceptable, and handling is phenomenal. I like the tuner-tude of VW's too."

Previous | 1 ... 6 7 8 | Next