2014 Volkswagen Golf Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,427 - $18,680.

10/7.4

Based on 92 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Excellent all around

By on Monday, June 04, 2012

Pros: "Value, sporty, good on gas, great warranty"

Cons: "Not very pretty"

"Great motor. Now getting 29-34mpg!! (was a lot worse when newer). Had a bunch of warranty problems (upholstery, keys, electronics), and VW took care of all the items under warranty without batting an eye! AMAZING customer service!. And it is very comfortable: I am 6ft4.5 and I have PLENTY of legroom and headroon: VERY difficulto for me to find a truly comfortable small car."

These cars are designed for the German Autobahns!

By on Sunday, December 04, 2011

Pros: "The TDI offers an excellent package!"

"With that said, I have to admit that my 2011 Golf TDI hangs with the best on the German highways. You may think that the autobahns are flat open roads, but in reality compare them to the interstate system in PA. I can go into a hill (speed between 80-90 mph) loaded with passengers and with the air conditioner on, up the hill, and get to the top of the hill without pulling it out of sixth gear; couldn't say that about my Honda Accord. The 2.0 liter turbo matched with the 6 speed manual gear box is a very powerful and economic vehicle that does very well in all driving conditions and environments. The upgrade from it's gasoline companion is well worth the three thousand dollar differnce, not only in fuel economy, but the overall packet in general. Just to name a few... sport suspension, alloy 17" wheels, premium sound system, multi-function steering wheel, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. The car is larger than its visual appearance, but still ideal for small roads and tight parking. Don't let the fact of it being a diesel scare you; it's quiet, vibration-less, and produces ultra-low emmissions. My tailpipe looks as clean as when I first bought the car and the car behind me can tell I have a diesel only by looking at the emblem on the rear hatch. I would recommend opting for xenon headlights if you plan on driving very fast at night."

2010 Golf

By on Saturday, July 03, 2010

"I have been a VW fan for years. Best value for the money in it's class. I just purchased a 2010 Golf and it is a great value, good options, nice styling and fun to drive. It also gets decent gas mileage. Only bad is a big blind spot on the drivers left shoulder. I wish they had kept the old body style."

Excellent car. Fun to drive. Great mileage.

By on Sunday, April 29, 2012

Pros: "High quality build in a fun package."

Cons: "No leather seats."

"I bought 2012 Golf TDI manual. Wanted a spirited fun car that got great mileage and could still carry people and guitars when necessary. This car is it! Plenty of go-power, superb handling, averaging over 40 mpg. Almost a sports car feel. Still fit an entire pa system and guitars. Two six-footers told me the back seat had plenty of room. Cabin is well done. Will need good snow tires next winter. I truly love this car. Plenty of tech, plenty of old fashioned fun. I recommend it if you want a hot hatch with super diesel mileage. Pay a few extra bucks. It's worth it."

Well built car for the money.

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "It makes me smile to drive it hard. Just a fun car"

Cons: "needs more storage in center console"

"Fantastic seats! Best all around driving car I have ever owned. I was originally looking at the TDI model, but didn't want to pay the extra 6 grand. This car has every safety feature of the most expensive cars on the road at the 17K pricepoint. I tested out just about every car in the 17 to 20K price range, and the VW was a real standout in every way. I'm 6'2 and 225 lbs. The cars in this price range were little with small uncomfortable seats. The Golf has large seats which are not too short to support your thighs. I would buy this car again."