2014 Volkswagen Golf Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,429 - $19,452.

Invoice N/A

10/7.4

Based on 74 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

This is a Golf I'm proud of!

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Pros: "Torgue, MPG, FUN to drive, Styling."

Cons: "Price, GPS-screen elec NO realtime traffic/Pandora"

"I've had many VW's in my life, including 4 Jetta's, 3 bugs, an old school van and a 4Motion Passat, yet this is my 3rd Golf. I had a 1999 Golf TDI, and a 2005 GTI. Both were fun and nice to drive. Yet the new 2012 style, look, and overall quality is awesome! I'm not so much of fan of the GPS, as it is missing real time traffic and voice commands. To only have Sirius XM radio offered and NO Pandora or other FREE streams is SAD. Overall, this car RULES for MPG, torgue, looks, and styling it's a winner. Pricey overall, yet well worth the investment IF the longevity lasts as most diesels do. I'm shooting for the 1 million mile mark, after all I did get 500,000 miles out of my 1999 Golf diesel before selling it. Just get a Mark 6 instead of a 7 cause they're made in Germany."

best car for the money

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, sporty, practical, best MPG"

Cons: "more expensive, warranty could be better"

"While the TDI version of the Golf is more expensive it is SO worth it! I get 39 MPG on average and can reach MPGs of 45-50 on the highway! I can drive a round trip from Seattle to Spokane on one tank of diesel easily. The interior is flawless and beautiful, super well done. I can play my iphone through the bluetooth option, no plug in required, yet still have the option of USB if needed. Touch screen is so fun. The seats are comfortable and sporty. It drives so well, and with a six speed really has some get up and go! My seats fold down for maximum storage and are easy to operate. Safety is in the top of its class with multiple airbags. Having the four door option is great for my passengers and my future children/getting car seats in and out. I just wouldn't choose any other car! I love my Golf! Its practical and hold its value unlike any other hatchback"

best small car!

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "price, fun to drive, reliability"

"Excellent car, sturdy, reliable, love them so much we have two! best value of any small car!"

I have never loved a car like this before;

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "a fun car to drive; still love it with 80,000 mile"

Cons: "DRL can be a problem when asked to turn off"

"Its my everything; very reliable; 43-50 miles to the gallon, Hugs the road; can move; I just love it!!!!"

Great Car!

By on Friday, December 06, 2013

Pros: "Performance, Gas Mileage, Fun to Drive"

Cons: "Don't love the electronics (stereo, bluetooth,etc)"

"I have been wanting some form of TDI since 2009 but was always apprehensive to buy a diesel due to the thought process of old school loud, smelly, slow diesel cars of the past. I started doing some research and what convinced me was a couple of road test reviews on Youtube. The build quality of this car is just like a typical German high end product. Solid as a tank. As for the drive this car moves! The torque is amazing I can pass cars with ease even high performance sports cars! Oh and by the way I do this and I still average close to 40 mpg in mixed mostly city driving. Yes diesel gas cost more per gallon than regular gas but think of the extra mpg and fun you get to have with this car! I have owned dozens of cars in my lifetime and this is one of my favorites! I highly recommend any VW/Audi TDI."

Best bang for your buck

By on Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Pros: "Best German car you can get for ya moneys worth."

Cons: "Air conditioner a bit noisy but overall its great."

"Where else can you buy awesome handling 4 wheel drive vehicle. It can move wide large objects and can handle like a charm in any weather. On top of it all it has the latest technology and does not have that cheap look and feel that the competition offers."

Best car I've ever owned

By on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Pros: "Really handles well"

Cons: "No center armrest or center starage"

"I still look forward to driving it every day after 3 1/2 years!"

great car

By on Saturday, October 05, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive!!!!"

Cons: "bluetooth it is horrible sound"

"the only thing I hate in this car is Bluetooth ,it is horrible sound!!!!!"

Alot of fun for the money!

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "power, acceleration, great mpg,"

Cons: "needs all digital gauges, needs standard HIDs"

"I have the 4 door tdi model. It has plenty of power to zoom thru mountain curves and hills. I get around 37 mpg around town with several redlights/stops. This car is economic and will make you feel youthful behind the wheel. Steering is very responsive and acceleration is superb! The interior is quiet and comfy for racing buckets up front. Interior has an upgraded feel compared to a civic or impreza. Does really well ion the hwy for a short wheel base vehicle. Love the car and always makes me smile on a curvy road!"

Expensive to maintain but solid car

By on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

"I bought my 2010 VW Golf TDI used with 79K already on it. I put roughly 30K miles a year on my vehicle so I needed something that was reliable and got good gas mileage, which is why I decided to take the diesel plunge. Pros and cons. Pros, with a manual 6spd I get about 45mpg and just over 600 miles on a 14 gallon tank. At 140 hp I get 236 ft. lbs. of torgue...nice! This car is easy to drive, handles well and has all the bells and whistles I need to be comfortable. Also, diesels are notorious for getting very high miles before giving out. I'm hoping for at least 400K but only time will tell. Cons, VW's (especially diesels) are expensive to maintain. Newer VW TDI's require 507 (rated) 5W/30 oil that costs about $9-10 a quart, ouch! Glow plugs are about $90 a piece if you order them on line. Also, these diesels are ULEV so they pass emissions in all 50 states. Only draw back to this is that in order to accomplish this the emissions system is fairly elaborate and has been my biggest maintenance headache so far. So in short, this is a very solid car and I hope to drive it for years to come but be prepared to dole out some $$$ from time to time to keep it in shape. If you get one from a dealer don't be afraid to haggle for an extended warranty even if you have to pay for it. In my opinion VW is not well known for great customer service unless you're already "covered" by warranty."

See if you qualify for