2014 Volkswagen Golf Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,341 - $18,584.

10/7.4

Based on 89 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Great car

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pros: "Saves a lot on fuel, torquey fun, comfortable!"

"I bought a 4-dr TDI Golf last November after wanting a diesel Golf for quite some time. This is my second VW (I still own a 95 VR6 GTI) and we have 3 others in the family including another 2011 TDI Golf. I average 40-45 MPG on my commute which I would not consider highway miles. I do see 50 MPG on days with less traffic during my commute. I easily save $80 plus a month on fuel due to this car. I drive at least 2 hours a day for work (30 miles) and this car is extremely comfortable. It has made my commute more enjoyable with the touchscreen radio, bluetooth, and comfortable seats. I would definitely recommend getting heated seats if you live anywhere with cold winters because diesels do not heat up as quick as a gasoline car. My heated seats heat up fairly quick. The car is roomy and the hatch area offers a good amount of space as well. I haven't had any reliability issues with my car and every trip to the dealer has been a good one. The only thing I'd change with these cars is more color options. I opted for the Blue Graphite which I absolutely love, but VW used to offer a lot more variety. I hope to keep this car at least 10 years and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a comfortable small car with excellent fuel mileage."

FUN TO DRIVE ! I love it.

By on Monday, October 03, 2011

Pros: "Fun, unique, great gas mileage, peppy engine"

Cons: "Would have liked a few more color options to choose from."

"I bought my Golf in June 2010. I've had it now 16mos and love it. It's reliable, economical, and very fun to drive. Everything has worked, with no mechanical issues or fit"

Love This Car!

By on Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pros: "Good price, fun to drive, economical, quick, handles well, attractive..."

Cons: "Haven't found any yet."

"I have owned the car for a month now and I moved over from owning several cars from Honda. I felt at home driving the car in just three days, like I have been driving it my whole life. The quality, comfort, handling and gas mileage of the Golf are remarkable. I am averaging 30c - 40h per gallon. It is comfortable on the long haul and handles incredibly around curves and stops on a dime. The hatchback/back seat space opens up to hold an incredible amount of stuff, including furniture. What a great car!"

TDI - Fun, Fun, Fun

By on Monday, August 01, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, economical, comfortable"

Cons: "No cons to report ( I hope it stays that way)"

"So I am a die-hard VWer thanks to my first car, hand-me-down 1969 beetle. Since my first car I have only had domestic cars and trucks. I traded in my H3 for my Golf TDI because I wanted diesel durability and I paired it with a manual transmission. I expect many miles of drivetrain life. I was pleased to find the interior is very comfortable too. So far 4500 miles and averaging @45 mpg - I travel mainly highway miles and it is relatively flat. Also has tons of cargo space for appearing so small."

TDI = :-)

By on Thursday, May 19, 2011

"I traded in my beloved 2002 Land Rover Discovery for a 2011 VW Golf TDI. I'm on the road for work all the time and you just can't beat the MPG with the feel of actually driving a car vs a hybrid. Yes, the hybrid will give you better MPG's but the over all longevity of the diesel engine over the batter in the golf kart will last you a lot longer. The styling is still very european and its fun fast and enjoyable to drive."