2014 Volkswagen Golf Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,342 - $18,599.

10/7.4

Based on 92 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

BEST NEW VEHICLE AVAILABLE!

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pros: "FUN TO DRIVE, FUEL MILAGE, PRICE, RELIABILITY!!!"

Cons: "DRIVERS CLOTH SEAT TRY TO UNRAVEL, WARRANY REPAIR"

"I LOVE MY VW TDI 6-SPEED MANUAL I WOULD RECOMMEND TO ANYONE. FUEL MILAGE IS UNDERESTIMATED I GET BETWEEN 38-42 NORMAL DRIVING AND 48 HIGHWAY DRIVING. ONLY THING I WOULD CHANGE IS I WOULD HAVE GOT LEATHER SEATS. THE TDI VERSION IS THE BEST VALUE OF ANY NEW CAR AVAILABLE! 600 MILES TO A TANK 50 DOLLARS TO FILL UP AVERAGE. I AM A HEAVY EQUIPMENT TECHNICHAN AND CAN TELL YOU EVERY SYSTEM ON THIS CAR IS SOLID AND WELL BUILT. EXCELLENT POWER AND HANDLING, SMOOTH SHIFTING, WELL DESIGNED ELECTRONICS SYSTEM, AND ERGONOMICS ARE JUST A FEW OF THE CHARACTERISTICS. 9.8 OUT OF 10!!!"

Love This Car!

By on Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pros: "Good price, fun to drive, economical, quick, handles well, attractive..."

Cons: "Haven't found any yet."

"I have owned the car for a month now and I moved over from owning several cars from Honda. I felt at home driving the car in just three days, like I have been driving it my whole life. The quality, comfort, handling and gas mileage of the Golf are remarkable. I am averaging 30c - 40h per gallon. It is comfortable on the long haul and handles incredibly around curves and stops on a dime. The hatchback/back seat space opens up to hold an incredible amount of stuff, including furniture. What a great car!"

2013 VW Golf-Love <3

By on Monday, October 01, 2012

Pros: "Audio, Comfy interior, nice exterior, fun to drive"

Cons: "No standard USB :("

"I have the 2013 VW Golf in the blue metallic. I LOVE THIS CAR. I had a 2011 Honda Fit that I traded in for it, I loved that car too....until I drove this one. Bought this car got rid of the Honda and I have never looked back. They have practically thought of everything from the little LED lights that shine down on the shifter to the heated side view mirrors, to the climate controlled and lockable glovebox to the comfy seats with lumbar support. The media interface for the stereo is attractive and the speakers and audio sound are top notch. The AC and heat are awesome. The tiptronic transmission is awesome and this car is FUN to drive. I can almost keep up with my boyfriend who owns a GTI. Almost. I highly recommend this car! :)"

Excellent all around

By on Monday, June 04, 2012

Pros: "Value, sporty, good on gas, great warranty"

Cons: "Not very pretty"

"Great motor. Now getting 29-34mpg!! (was a lot worse when newer). Had a bunch of warranty problems (upholstery, keys, electronics), and VW took care of all the items under warranty without batting an eye! AMAZING customer service!. And it is very comfortable: I am 6ft4.5 and I have PLENTY of legroom and headroon: VERY difficulto for me to find a truly comfortable small car."

These cars are designed for the German Autobahns!

By on Sunday, December 04, 2011

Pros: "The TDI offers an excellent package!"

"With that said, I have to admit that my 2011 Golf TDI hangs with the best on the German highways. You may think that the autobahns are flat open roads, but in reality compare them to the interstate system in PA. I can go into a hill (speed between 80-90 mph) loaded with passengers and with the air conditioner on, up the hill, and get to the top of the hill without pulling it out of sixth gear; couldn't say that about my Honda Accord. The 2.0 liter turbo matched with the 6 speed manual gear box is a very powerful and economic vehicle that does very well in all driving conditions and environments. The upgrade from it's gasoline companion is well worth the three thousand dollar differnce, not only in fuel economy, but the overall packet in general. Just to name a few... sport suspension, alloy 17" wheels, premium sound system, multi-function steering wheel, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. The car is larger than its visual appearance, but still ideal for small roads and tight parking. Don't let the fact of it being a diesel scare you; it's quiet, vibration-less, and produces ultra-low emmissions. My tailpipe looks as clean as when I first bought the car and the car behind me can tell I have a diesel only by looking at the emblem on the rear hatch. I would recommend opting for xenon headlights if you plan on driving very fast at night."