2014 Volkswagen Golf Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,347 - $18,606.

10/7.4

Based on 92 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Great Car for the Money

By on Friday, November 02, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage, trunk space, driving/power"

Cons: "Minimalist on interior but what is there well done"

"After relocating from living in a large city on the east coast (without a car) I needed to buy one for my job in California. I knew that I would have a long commute (80 miles roundtrip) and started looking at compact cars within my budget (not more than $19,000). I selected three based on their reviews on this website and others: honda civic, ford focus, and the vw golf. I decided on getting the golf because of the way it handles and drives (due to its engine). It was far superior than the other two vehicles. I appreciate gas economy but driving in LA traffic requires the occasional rapid acceleration/braking and this car delivers. The interior may not be luxurious but it has everything I need and is comfortable on a long drive. The MPG on the car is probably understated and I have found it to be wallet friendly even with the high local gas prices. I have the conv. package because I wanted the bluetooth phone connection. This technology works flawless with my iPhone and automatically connects to the phone anywhere in the car. I have a manual transmission so hands free calling is made easy with the selector button on the window wiper controller with this added feature. VW really thought long and hard on function, style, and comfort when they designed the car. They did not cut any corners and dollar for dollar I am glad I made this purchase and would do so again. The trunk space in the Golf is very large and if the back seat is folded down it has the same capacity as an SUV."

My seveth front wheel drive VW and by far the best

By on Monday, August 13, 2012

Pros: "Performance, comfort, economy, handling"

Cons: "few available options"

"The Golf sets the standard for compact cars. The 5 cylinder with six speed automatic is smooth, quiet and strong and for six thousand miles I have averaged 30.2 mpg. With little effort it will exceed the EPA estimates for combined mpg. The Golf's styling inside and out may be understated but quality and small thoughtful touches abound throughout the car. A temperature controlled and lockable glove compartment,full size 195/15 spare tire, additional under floor storage in luggage compartment, soft touch dash and door sills, lined storage compartments, etc. The traditional VW handling, steering and braking with superb highway ride and comfort. This is a car that grows on you and is a keeper."

golf tdi

By on Saturday, February 05, 2011

"i have 8800 miles on my 2010 golf tdi and i love it. I get amazing gas milage and it rides great. i have zero complaints so far.i would highly recommend this car to anyone who wants a good mix of everything( speed/comfort/fuel economy."

Fun to drive with plenty of power, no regrets

By on Saturday, August 04, 2012

Pros: "sun roof, blue tooth, horse power, sound sys. ipod"

Cons: "small trunk, every else makes up for it."

"I was looking to replace my wifes work car 2011 nissan Versa, it was a base model cause we thought of cutting costs. No electronic windows or keyless entry.I would get so frustrated when i would open the door for her because i needed to open the drivers side first and then open hers from the inside. Also no electric windows felt like driving in the 1960s. When I looked at the 2011 Golf it was an excellent choice. All 4 automatic windows where standard and remote entry was a must. 17ys of marriage and love to open the door for my Baby. Makes it easier with the remote. The horse power does not compare against the Versa. The ride feels tight and solid, you can hardly feel the road in comparison with the versa you felt every bump on the road."

best VW yet - I've owned 5 of them

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "All of the above - comfort, performance and safety"

Cons: "Hatchback rear window is constantly dirty."

"The TDI is an exceptional vehicle from every aspect: performance, fuel economy, passenger comfort and HANDLING. Everything works perfectly - nothing to report at 'courtesy check'. Takes 4 passengers (3 on long road trips) in quiet , jewelry box-like interior. Running 38 mpg is mixed use - now that winter is here, diesel takes a long time (20 mins) to warm so fuel economy is down a bit. In warmer weather it was running in 40mpg range. From canyon carving to interstate cruising, handles like a classic BMW 3 series."