2012 Volkswagen Golf

Based on 101 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

best car ever

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "all good"

Cons: "maintenance is costly"

"An excellent car. Besides the miles per gallon. Handles so well, like a really expensive german car. Top notch quality inside, seat material a little on the economical side. Also somethings over engineered but for me that's great. Have put almost 50,000 miles on the car and it sti;; drives like a 50,000 car. All i do is the maintenance which is expensive at VW. LOve the car!"

Not met expectations

By on Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"owned vehicle for six months, already having issues with TPMS light on. Replace two tires leaking air. Miles per gallon not to expectations around 24 miles per gallon."

Everything That I Wanted

By on Friday, May 8, 2015

Pros: "Gas mileage, good styling, comfortable"

Cons: "Manual Day/Night rearview mirror"

My car & the Battleship North Carolina

"I was researching for a new car that was small, comfortable, drives well, and fuel efficient I didn't think that I could find them all in one car. VW invented the hatchback and this new model shows the experience. The inside is comfortable and gives the feeling of a luxury car . The outside is sporty and is very pleasing to the eye. I didn't know what to expect with a diesel. I waited until the coldest morning of the year (15F) and asked to start the car cold. It turned over w/o any problems and drove well. I love my diesel! It's responsive, smooth and is getting a little over 50 mpg. The only thing I found different is that the diesel is more efficient then a gas engine, so it takes about 4 times the distance to warm up to a point where the heater is issuing heat in the winter. The heated seats, that I didn't think I needed, feel great on those days. It's everything I was looking for and I am enjoying everything about it."

My car & the Battleship North Carolina

Alot of fun for the money!

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "power, acceleration, great mpg,"

Cons: "needs all digital gauges, needs standard HIDs"

"I have the 4 door tdi model. It has plenty of power to zoom thru mountain curves and hills. I get around 37 mpg around town with several redlights/stops. This car is economic and will make you feel youthful behind the wheel. Steering is very responsive and acceleration is superb! The interior is quiet and comfy for racing buckets up front. Interior has an upgraded feel compared to a civic or impreza. Does really well ion the hwy for a short wheel base vehicle. Love the car and always makes me smile on a curvy road!"

Best car ever?

By on Saturday, January 3, 2015

Pros: "Driving the Golf TDI is so much fun"

Cons: "Navigation data requires $99 update every 2 years."

"Fun to drive. Plenty of power. Solid feel grips twisty mountain roads in worst weather conditions. Love the touchscreen and hands off bluetooth. Plays well with iPhone. Exudes high quality and feel of much higher priced German road cars. Outstanding cabin materials and construction; fuel-efficient diesel engine; spacious hatchback body style; refined driving dynamics."