2012 Volkswagen Golf

Based on 101 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

2010 Golf

By on Saturday, July 3, 2010

"I have been a VW fan for years. Best value for the money in it's class. I just purchased a 2010 Golf and it is a great value, good options, nice styling and fun to drive. It also gets decent gas mileage. Only bad is a big blind spot on the drivers left shoulder. I wish they had kept the old body style."

Great Car for the Money

By on Friday, November 2, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage, trunk space, driving/power"

Cons: "Minimalist on interior but what is there well done"

"After relocating from living in a large city on the east coast (without a car) I needed to buy one for my job in California. I knew that I would have a long commute (80 miles roundtrip) and started looking at compact cars within my budget (not more than $19,000). I selected three based on their reviews on this website and others: honda civic, ford focus, and the vw golf. I decided on getting the golf because of the way it handles and drives (due to its engine). It was far superior than the other two vehicles. I appreciate gas economy but driving in LA traffic requires the occasional rapid acceleration/braking and this car delivers. The interior may not be luxurious but it has everything I need and is comfortable on a long drive. The MPG on the car is probably understated and I have found it to be wallet friendly even with the high local gas prices. I have the conv. package because I wanted the bluetooth phone connection. This technology works flawless with my iPhone and automatically connects to the phone anywhere in the car. I have a manual transmission so hands free calling is made easy with the selector button on the window wiper controller with this added feature. VW really thought long and hard on function, style, and comfort when they designed the car. They did not cut any corners and dollar for dollar I am glad I made this purchase and would do so again. The trunk space in the Golf is very large and if the back seat is folded down it has the same capacity as an SUV."

My seveth front wheel drive VW and by far the best

By on Monday, August 13, 2012

Pros: "Performance, comfort, economy, handling"

Cons: "few available options"

"The Golf sets the standard for compact cars. The 5 cylinder with six speed automatic is smooth, quiet and strong and for six thousand miles I have averaged 30.2 mpg. With little effort it will exceed the EPA estimates for combined mpg. The Golf's styling inside and out may be understated but quality and small thoughtful touches abound throughout the car. A temperature controlled and lockable glove compartment,full size 195/15 spare tire, additional under floor storage in luggage compartment, soft touch dash and door sills, lined storage compartments, etc. The traditional VW handling, steering and braking with superb highway ride and comfort. This is a car that grows on you and is a keeper."

Excellent car. Fun to drive. Great mileage.

By on Sunday, April 29, 2012

Pros: "High quality build in a fun package."

Cons: "No leather seats."

"I bought 2012 Golf TDI manual. Wanted a spirited fun car that got great mileage and could still carry people and guitars when necessary. This car is it! Plenty of go-power, superb handling, averaging over 40 mpg. Almost a sports car feel. Still fit an entire pa system and guitars. Two six-footers told me the back seat had plenty of room. Cabin is well done. Will need good snow tires next winter. I truly love this car. Plenty of tech, plenty of old fashioned fun. I recommend it if you want a hot hatch with super diesel mileage. Pay a few extra bucks. It's worth it."

Well built car for the money.

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "It makes me smile to drive it hard. Just a fun car"

Cons: "needs more storage in center console"

"Fantastic seats! Best all around driving car I have ever owned. I was originally looking at the TDI model, but didn't want to pay the extra 6 grand. This car has every safety feature of the most expensive cars on the road at the 17K pricepoint. I tested out just about every car in the 17 to 20K price range, and the VW was a real standout in every way. I'm 6'2 and 225 lbs. The cars in this price range were little with small uncomfortable seats. The Golf has large seats which are not too short to support your thighs. I would buy this car again."