2012 Volkswagen Golf

Based on 89 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Love my TDI Golf

By on Friday, December 02, 2011

"I have not had a Volkswagen since I had my 66 VW beetle 15 years ago, and wow was I missing out. I love the design and the styling of the Golf. The interior looks better then many of the other cars I have owned. I wanted a hatchback and was looking at the Mazda 3 and this car. I am glad I choose the Volkswagen except the price, but you get what you pay for. The car just feels like it is built to last, all the way down to the cross stiching in the seats for better wear protection. I love the milage that I get in my TDI about 40 avg.Just wish she was more consistent at acceleration but thats a turbo car. At times it feels like she doesnt want to go but other times she throws my head back(She's a moody girl sometimes). Love everything about the car but how the drivers cockpit is tight around my legs. I feel like I have to lean my foot way to the right to reach the gas pedal. All because the consule is rounded wide down by my calfs. Other than that plenty of room for myself the wife and two girls. Both of my girls are in car seats in the back my 2 yr old can touch the back of my seat with her legs though, but thats because the car seat for her pushes her about a 7 inches forward. I love all the options it comes with, like the two ways to shift the auto trans at the shifter or with the steering wheel paddles. The bluetooth is crystal clear, and the touch screen radio is cool and sounds wonderful. Great great great car."

SO worth it.

By on Thursday, December 01, 2011

Pros: "great handling, safe, great first car"

just after a car wash.

"There's not a single bad word that could be said about this car. Everyone who has driven mine says it's a super fun ride, and it handles extremely well on every type of terrain. When slamming on the brakes, this car does everything in its power to stop as soon as possible. I almost was in an accident but this car swerved like it was a everyday driving maneuver. This is my first car and down the road when I'm in need of a new one, I'll be investing in the GTI version."

just after a car wash.

GOLF TDI is so fun to drive and saves from gas sta

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "Worth to me to have a great reliable fun car"

Cons: "Most Volks need better door handles"

"The TDI is much more roomy than one wouyld first think. Same wheel base as Jetta. Park them sifde by side and see for yourself. Do not like small trunk or lack of but you get room for passemngers in comfortable roomy back seat. Face it no need for trunck when just commuting - even trips there was enough space to transport luggage. Fun Fun Fun to drive I can say I have never had so much fun just driving- I like 6 speen manual better than Auto Trans. Cheat with clutch and I bet you can get 60 plus miles to gallon - wouldn't do all time but once just to see. I get almost 50 as most driving I do is Highway. If careful driving you should get 40 anyway. Interior is roomy and well laid out - standard features are extra anywhere else. Wish seats were available in leather but not option. Turning radius is best in any I have ever driven. Quick to start or finish- responsive steering - good use of controls - may be a bit high end price range but value holds and when considering having the car go 3 or 400,000 miles rather than the usual 150,000 (if lucky) of other brands before dieing it's worth the extra. I would highly recommend Volks as I have owned 4 (none with less than 190,000 before new car purchase) had a couple other brands in between - wish I never switched to those other brands at all - wasted my money on them not to mention the langue I had to use discribing the quality of those so called highly recommended cars."

Great car goes bad after recall

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Reason: Electrica problems after recall

Pros: "sharp looking, gets lots of compliments"

Cons: "Electrical problems after software recall."

"This is / was a great car until I got a recall notice. The recall was a software correction for the stability control, etc from my recolection. The car was flawless until that recall. I drove it back in the dealership repair. Before I even got off the lot, the Blue Tooth no longer worked, they had to reprogram it. Then, after leaving the lot I had trouble with the windows, sunroof and radio. I was so distraught, I didn't even take it back, I just lost money and traded it off with only 1590 miles on it! I've had problems with other cars (not VW) that took 6 or 7 tries and couldn't get fixed. I saw "my" car, I traded at KIA, a few months later at the VW lot. It only had 5,400 miles and now looking for another owner. I guess the new owner didn't like it either(still under warranty). Now, in all fairness, they car was perfect till then. Have any others had this experience?"

Horrible Maintenance Record

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "It has a lot of power and is fun to drive."

Cons: "Too many maintenance issues. Repairs are expensive"

"I have the VW Golf for less than 2 years and it has had nothing but problems with the brakes. So far I have had the entire braking system replaced at 10,000 miles. Then at 20,000 they had to replace the pads again because the brakes were still seizing up. Now at 40,000 my brakes are worn again and need to be replaced ... but guess what, now it's outside of warranty. I thought I would love this car, but so far it's been the worst decision I've ever made."