2012 Volkswagen Golf

Based on 82 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

GOLF TDI is so fun to drive and saves from gas sta

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "Worth to me to have a great reliable fun car"

Cons: "Most Volks need better door handles"

"The TDI is much more roomy than one wouyld first think. Same wheel base as Jetta. Park them sifde by side and see for yourself. Do not like small trunk or lack of but you get room for passemngers in comfortable roomy back seat. Face it no need for trunck when just commuting - even trips there was enough space to transport luggage. Fun Fun Fun to drive I can say I have never had so much fun just driving- I like 6 speen manual better than Auto Trans. Cheat with clutch and I bet you can get 60 plus miles to gallon - wouldn't do all time but once just to see. I get almost 50 as most driving I do is Highway. If careful driving you should get 40 anyway. Interior is roomy and well laid out - standard features are extra anywhere else. Wish seats were available in leather but not option. Turning radius is best in any I have ever driven. Quick to start or finish- responsive steering - good use of controls - may be a bit high end price range but value holds and when considering having the car go 3 or 400,000 miles rather than the usual 150,000 (if lucky) of other brands before dieing it's worth the extra. I would highly recommend Volks as I have owned 4 (none with less than 190,000 before new car purchase) had a couple other brands in between - wish I never switched to those other brands at all - wasted my money on them not to mention the langue I had to use discribing the quality of those so called highly recommended cars."

Great car goes bad after recall

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Reason: Electrica problems after recall

Pros: "sharp looking, gets lots of compliments"

Cons: "Electrical problems after software recall."

"This is / was a great car until I got a recall notice. The recall was a software correction for the stability control, etc from my recolection. The car was flawless until that recall. I drove it back in the dealership repair. Before I even got off the lot, the Blue Tooth no longer worked, they had to reprogram it. Then, after leaving the lot I had trouble with the windows, sunroof and radio. I was so distraught, I didn't even take it back, I just lost money and traded it off with only 1590 miles on it! I've had problems with other cars (not VW) that took 6 or 7 tries and couldn't get fixed. I saw "my" car, I traded at KIA, a few months later at the VW lot. It only had 5,400 miles and now looking for another owner. I guess the new owner didn't like it either(still under warranty). Now, in all fairness, they car was perfect till then. Have any others had this experience?"

Horrible Maintenance Record

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "It has a lot of power and is fun to drive."

Cons: "Too many maintenance issues. Repairs are expensive"

"I have the VW Golf for less than 2 years and it has had nothing but problems with the brakes. So far I have had the entire braking system replaced at 10,000 miles. Then at 20,000 they had to replace the pads again because the brakes were still seizing up. Now at 40,000 my brakes are worn again and need to be replaced ... but guess what, now it's outside of warranty. I thought I would love this car, but so far it's been the worst decision I've ever made."

BEST NEW VEHICLE AVAILABLE!

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pros: "FUN TO DRIVE, FUEL MILAGE, PRICE, RELIABILITY!!!"

Cons: "DRIVERS CLOTH SEAT TRY TO UNRAVEL, WARRANY REPAIR"

"I LOVE MY VW TDI 6-SPEED MANUAL I WOULD RECOMMEND TO ANYONE. FUEL MILAGE IS UNDERESTIMATED I GET BETWEEN 38-42 NORMAL DRIVING AND 48 HIGHWAY DRIVING. ONLY THING I WOULD CHANGE IS I WOULD HAVE GOT LEATHER SEATS. THE TDI VERSION IS THE BEST VALUE OF ANY NEW CAR AVAILABLE! 600 MILES TO A TANK 50 DOLLARS TO FILL UP AVERAGE. I AM A HEAVY EQUIPMENT TECHNICHAN AND CAN TELL YOU EVERY SYSTEM ON THIS CAR IS SOLID AND WELL BUILT. EXCELLENT POWER AND HANDLING, SMOOTH SHIFTING, WELL DESIGNED ELECTRONICS SYSTEM, AND ERGONOMICS ARE JUST A FEW OF THE CHARACTERISTICS. 9.8 OUT OF 10!!!"

Love this car!

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pros: "Great on gas, good in the snow, very comfortable"

"This is the 4th volswagon I've owned and I am very happy with my car! Good on gas, very comfortable, great in the snow, extras that came with it, ie heated seats are fabulous! I have always had good performance from my Volkswagons and am just as pleased with the Golf! All pros and no cons in my opinion."