2011 Volkswagen Golf

9.3

Based on 98 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

best VW yet - I've owned 5 of them

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "All of the above - comfort, performance and safety"

Cons: "Hatchback rear window is constantly dirty."

"The TDI is an exceptional vehicle from every aspect: performance, fuel economy, passenger comfort and HANDLING. Everything works perfectly - nothing to report at 'courtesy check'. Takes 4 passengers (3 on long road trips) in quiet , jewelry box-like interior. Running 38 mpg is mixed use - now that winter is here, diesel takes a long time (20 mins) to warm so fuel economy is down a bit. In warmer weather it was running in 40mpg range. From canyon carving to interstate cruising, handles like a classic BMW 3 series."

AWSOME CAR

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, awsome fuel mileage!"

Cons: "wish i had got the sunroof!"

"I purchased this car mostly for fuel mileage. I drive 50 miles round trip to and from work daily. I average about 45 MPG. On road trips i have noticed 51 MPG routinely. This is with the cruise control set at 70. The car is quite roomy, I have had 4 adults in the car and no complaints. I have loaded up the car for a weekend trip and had plenty of room. The car handles quite sporty, better then I had anticipated. This is a great car overall Why waste your extra money on a hybrid when Diesel is just as clean and you dont have batteries to dispose of? GREAT CAR!!"

good car for the price

By on Sunday, February 05, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive,good gas mileage"

Cons: "ride not as smooth as the mini"

"the gas mileage is good.acceleration is better than what some would expect out of a diesel.the usb cord could be longer,but i do like the fact that your ipod is hidden in the center armrest."

Almost perfect

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pros: "Good driving, design and quality"

Cons: "Weak seat fabric, door seals not tight"

"I own 2.5 L two door manual, with winter package. Excellent in almost every way except few not major things: Seat fabric is looking great, but is weak and wears out rapidly at the friction points. The driver’s door seal is not thick enough in the latch area, so I could hear some extra road noise. Great ergonomic design in and out. It is very stable at any speed, quiet while cruising at 80 miles/h. With the stock tires I was getting 36 miles per gallon on the freeway easily. With larger tires it dropped to about 33. It is sensitive to the way you drive though, if you push it hard you will get worse quite a bit. Do not get deceived by the small look, it is comfortable enough for 4 regular size persons. Might not be the quickest on the road, but is peppy. It is a little Audi for the price of cheesy car. Recommend!"

FUN TO DRIVE ! I love it.

By on Monday, October 03, 2011

Pros: "Fun, unique, great gas mileage, peppy engine"

Cons: "Would have liked a few more color options to choose from."

"I bought my Golf in June 2010. I've had it now 16mos and love it. It's reliable, economical, and very fun to drive. Everything has worked, with no mechanical issues or fit"

Love it

By on Monday, January 24, 2011

"This car is great: the power of the diesel engine, the gas mileage, the internal and external styling, the way the seats hold you in, the environmental ratings, the attention to detail... I love it. I am a tiny person (5'1") and the only issue I have is that I need to pull my seat forward every time I get in to be able to fully depress the clutch and then move it back to get out of the car. A small price to pay for a seriously fun and surprisingly roomy car (e.g., me, my brother, three of his friends and all of our stuff driving around for three days). I put 12k miles on it in 6 months and it has served me well. Best mileage I've gotten to date was 50mpg, it meets California's new emission standards, takes biodiesel and qualified for a 'green' tax credit. It obviously doesn't perform like a WRX or other sportscars, but it can definitely hold its own and is pretty powerful. I highly recommend this car."

Perfect long commuter

By on Monday, January 03, 2011

"Like most TDIers, I have a 100 mile commute every day. The diesel gets great gas mileage in the summer, and better than most in the winter. Interior is typical great ergonomic VW stuff. Acceleration is acceptable, and handling is phenomenal. I like the tuner-tude of VW's too."

great diesel

By on Saturday, November 06, 2010

"The 2010 Golf TDI is an excellent car. Great fuel mileage, great performance. For a diesel, it has a lot of torque, and keeps up with traffic. The only complaint are the seats. They are uncomfortable."

Awesome Car!

By on Sunday, December 16, 2012

"I am so glad that I took the time to check out the 2012 Golf TDI. It is a fantastic car in so many ways. It is fun to drive, has plenty of power, comfortable (fits like a glove), is easy to maneuver and park, brakes work really well, gets great gas (diesel) mileage, looks great inside and out, more spacious than it looks from the outside, will last a very long time with the diesel engine, and the price is very reasonable for what you get. VW has done a great job on this car and I am thrilled to own it! I can't imagine ever buying an ugly prius when the great looking Golf TDI is available!"

best small car!

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "price, fun to drive, reliability"

"Excellent car, sturdy, reliable, love them so much we have two! best value of any small car!"