2011 Volkswagen Golf

Based on 101 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

I love it so far!

By on Friday, August 21, 2015

Pros: "Great mileage, comfortable, fun to drive"

Cons: "break in period education"

"I think the new TDI's rock! I have had mine for almost 4 months, wanted to wait until I had driven it enough to write a review. I absolutely LOVE it. I get awesome mileage, I fill up 1/2 as much as my previous car. I have owned my fair share of different makes of vehicles, and this by FAR is the best I have ever owned.... I traded in a Cruze that I honestly really didn't care for one bit. This car makes me excited to drive! I have the Manual, I can't complain about power because it def. has enough... just a bit slow off the bat. But, not a deal breaker by any means. It's got some torque, the first time someone rides in it with me, that is one of the first things that they mention. It is comfortable to drive, handles great. I haven't driven it in the snow yet, but I can't see it being a problem. For the money I spent I think that it is a great value. The only advice I can give is, be sure to do the 10,000 mile maintenance as advised. Don't use the cruse control until the break in period is over, and be sure you educate yourself on the break in process to ensure your TDI will last you a lifetime. I love it. love it love it."

Great car goes bad after recall

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Reason: Electrica problems after recall

Pros: "sharp looking, gets lots of compliments"

Cons: "Electrical problems after software recall."

"This is / was a great car until I got a recall notice. The recall was a software correction for the stability control, etc from my recolection. The car was flawless until that recall. I drove it back in the dealership repair. Before I even got off the lot, the Blue Tooth no longer worked, they had to reprogram it. Then, after leaving the lot I had trouble with the windows, sunroof and radio. I was so distraught, I didn't even take it back, I just lost money and traded it off with only 1590 miles on it! I've had problems with other cars (not VW) that took 6 or 7 tries and couldn't get fixed. I saw "my" car, I traded at KIA, a few months later at the VW lot. It only had 5,400 miles and now looking for another owner. I guess the new owner didn't like it either(still under warranty). Now, in all fairness, they car was perfect till then. Have any others had this experience?"

Great Genes

By on Sunday, September 27, 2015

"We bought the TSI model with sunroof, leatherette, fender stereo,17 inch wheels and lighting package. has the paddle shifters but rarely use. turbo lag very apparent in first gear, you have to learn to put your foot into it a bit otherwise very sluggish starting from stop, but after that it's a little autobahn rocket. Had a 83 GTI and reminds me a lot of that when driving. Not perfect though. poor rearward visibility, the rear back up lights do not illuminate very well at night, the backup camera does not have the turning guides that other cars like Mazda has and VW cheaped out by not also installing back up sensors that beep as you are nearing an obstacle behind you. I have that system on my ford pickup and can get within an inch of whatever is behind me without hitting. As you can probably guess, my wife was backing out at night and hit my truck. Light damage to both but could have been avoided with the sensors that beep. Otherwise, love driving this car."

Great value, well built

By on Monday, October 27, 2014

Reason: wanted a new car

Pros: "quality, great customer care, very well built"

Cons: "Plethora of small things went wrong under warranty"

"Fun to drive with a truly well built interior. I had a lot of warranty items needing attention, so it was inconvenient. The car is truly comfortable. Gas mileage was consistently 30mpg which for the 2.5L 5 cylinder was really good, and with the 5 speed manual. I really recommend the golf as a superiorly well conceived and designed car, top of its class NO DOUBT"

It's a great drive! But......

By on Saturday, April 18, 2015

Pros: "Like being in a roller coaster around turns!"

Cons: "Quality control"

"I've had quality control issues. Hatchback opener has broken. Gas flap has snapped off. Leather seat bolster wearing through after 2 years. Little things that make a difference."