2011 Volkswagen Golf

Based on 92 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

BEST NEW VEHICLE AVAILABLE!

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pros: "FUN TO DRIVE, FUEL MILAGE, PRICE, RELIABILITY!!!"

Cons: "DRIVERS CLOTH SEAT TRY TO UNRAVEL, WARRANY REPAIR"

"I LOVE MY VW TDI 6-SPEED MANUAL I WOULD RECOMMEND TO ANYONE. FUEL MILAGE IS UNDERESTIMATED I GET BETWEEN 38-42 NORMAL DRIVING AND 48 HIGHWAY DRIVING. ONLY THING I WOULD CHANGE IS I WOULD HAVE GOT LEATHER SEATS. THE TDI VERSION IS THE BEST VALUE OF ANY NEW CAR AVAILABLE! 600 MILES TO A TANK 50 DOLLARS TO FILL UP AVERAGE. I AM A HEAVY EQUIPMENT TECHNICHAN AND CAN TELL YOU EVERY SYSTEM ON THIS CAR IS SOLID AND WELL BUILT. EXCELLENT POWER AND HANDLING, SMOOTH SHIFTING, WELL DESIGNED ELECTRONICS SYSTEM, AND ERGONOMICS ARE JUST A FEW OF THE CHARACTERISTICS. 9.8 OUT OF 10!!!"

Love This Car!

By on Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pros: "Good price, fun to drive, economical, quick, handles well, attractive..."

Cons: "Haven't found any yet."

"I have owned the car for a month now and I moved over from owning several cars from Honda. I felt at home driving the car in just three days, like I have been driving it my whole life. The quality, comfort, handling and gas mileage of the Golf are remarkable. I am averaging 30c - 40h per gallon. It is comfortable on the long haul and handles incredibly around curves and stops on a dime. The hatchback/back seat space opens up to hold an incredible amount of stuff, including furniture. What a great car!"

2013 VW Golf-Love <3

By on Monday, October 01, 2012

Pros: "Audio, Comfy interior, nice exterior, fun to drive"

Cons: "No standard USB :("

"I have the 2013 VW Golf in the blue metallic. I LOVE THIS CAR. I had a 2011 Honda Fit that I traded in for it, I loved that car too....until I drove this one. Bought this car got rid of the Honda and I have never looked back. They have practically thought of everything from the little LED lights that shine down on the shifter to the heated side view mirrors, to the climate controlled and lockable glovebox to the comfy seats with lumbar support. The media interface for the stereo is attractive and the speakers and audio sound are top notch. The AC and heat are awesome. The tiptronic transmission is awesome and this car is FUN to drive. I can almost keep up with my boyfriend who owns a GTI. Almost. I highly recommend this car! :)"

Excellent all around

By on Monday, June 04, 2012

Pros: "Value, sporty, good on gas, great warranty"

Cons: "Not very pretty"

"Great motor. Now getting 29-34mpg!! (was a lot worse when newer). Had a bunch of warranty problems (upholstery, keys, electronics), and VW took care of all the items under warranty without batting an eye! AMAZING customer service!. And it is very comfortable: I am 6ft4.5 and I have PLENTY of legroom and headroon: VERY difficulto for me to find a truly comfortable small car."

These cars are designed for the German Autobahns!

By on Sunday, December 04, 2011

Pros: "The TDI offers an excellent package!"

"With that said, I have to admit that my 2011 Golf TDI hangs with the best on the German highways. You may think that the autobahns are flat open roads, but in reality compare them to the interstate system in PA. I can go into a hill (speed between 80-90 mph) loaded with passengers and with the air conditioner on, up the hill, and get to the top of the hill without pulling it out of sixth gear; couldn't say that about my Honda Accord. The 2.0 liter turbo matched with the 6 speed manual gear box is a very powerful and economic vehicle that does very well in all driving conditions and environments. The upgrade from it's gasoline companion is well worth the three thousand dollar differnce, not only in fuel economy, but the overall packet in general. Just to name a few... sport suspension, alloy 17" wheels, premium sound system, multi-function steering wheel, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. The car is larger than its visual appearance, but still ideal for small roads and tight parking. Don't let the fact of it being a diesel scare you; it's quiet, vibration-less, and produces ultra-low emmissions. My tailpipe looks as clean as when I first bought the car and the car behind me can tell I have a diesel only by looking at the emblem on the rear hatch. I would recommend opting for xenon headlights if you plan on driving very fast at night."

2010 Golf

By on Saturday, July 03, 2010

"I have been a VW fan for years. Best value for the money in it's class. I just purchased a 2010 Golf and it is a great value, good options, nice styling and fun to drive. It also gets decent gas mileage. Only bad is a big blind spot on the drivers left shoulder. I wish they had kept the old body style."

Excellent car. Fun to drive. Great mileage.

By on Sunday, April 29, 2012

Pros: "High quality build in a fun package."

Cons: "No leather seats."

"I bought 2012 Golf TDI manual. Wanted a spirited fun car that got great mileage and could still carry people and guitars when necessary. This car is it! Plenty of go-power, superb handling, averaging over 40 mpg. Almost a sports car feel. Still fit an entire pa system and guitars. Two six-footers told me the back seat had plenty of room. Cabin is well done. Will need good snow tires next winter. I truly love this car. Plenty of tech, plenty of old fashioned fun. I recommend it if you want a hot hatch with super diesel mileage. Pay a few extra bucks. It's worth it."

Well built car for the money.

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "It makes me smile to drive it hard. Just a fun car"

Cons: "needs more storage in center console"

"Fantastic seats! Best all around driving car I have ever owned. I was originally looking at the TDI model, but didn't want to pay the extra 6 grand. This car has every safety feature of the most expensive cars on the road at the 17K pricepoint. I tested out just about every car in the 17 to 20K price range, and the VW was a real standout in every way. I'm 6'2 and 225 lbs. The cars in this price range were little with small uncomfortable seats. The Golf has large seats which are not too short to support your thighs. I would buy this car again."

Great car

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pros: "Saves a lot on fuel, torquey fun, comfortable!"

"I bought a 4-dr TDI Golf last November after wanting a diesel Golf for quite some time. This is my second VW (I still own a 95 VR6 GTI) and we have 3 others in the family including another 2011 TDI Golf. I average 40-45 MPG on my commute which I would not consider highway miles. I do see 50 MPG on days with less traffic during my commute. I easily save $80 plus a month on fuel due to this car. I drive at least 2 hours a day for work (30 miles) and this car is extremely comfortable. It has made my commute more enjoyable with the touchscreen radio, bluetooth, and comfortable seats. I would definitely recommend getting heated seats if you live anywhere with cold winters because diesels do not heat up as quick as a gasoline car. My heated seats heat up fairly quick. The car is roomy and the hatch area offers a good amount of space as well. I haven't had any reliability issues with my car and every trip to the dealer has been a good one. The only thing I'd change with these cars is more color options. I opted for the Blue Graphite which I absolutely love, but VW used to offer a lot more variety. I hope to keep this car at least 10 years and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a comfortable small car with excellent fuel mileage."

I loved this car!!

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Great value, super fun to drive"

Cons: "Would have preferred 8 way adjustable seat."

"Great car. Never once stuck in the worst winter of my life even when 4WD cars couldnt make it up the hilly roads. Super comfortable and totally 100% reliable all of the time."