2011 Volkswagen Golf

Based on 89 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Fun to drive with plenty of power, no regrets

By on Saturday, August 04, 2012

Pros: "sun roof, blue tooth, horse power, sound sys. ipod"

Cons: "small trunk, every else makes up for it."

"I was looking to replace my wifes work car 2011 nissan Versa, it was a base model cause we thought of cutting costs. No electronic windows or keyless entry.I would get so frustrated when i would open the door for her because i needed to open the drivers side first and then open hers from the inside. Also no electric windows felt like driving in the 1960s. When I looked at the 2011 Golf it was an excellent choice. All 4 automatic windows where standard and remote entry was a must. 17ys of marriage and love to open the door for my Baby. Makes it easier with the remote. The horse power does not compare against the Versa. The ride feels tight and solid, you can hardly feel the road in comparison with the versa you felt every bump on the road."

AWSOME CAR

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, awsome fuel mileage!"

Cons: "wish i had got the sunroof!"

"I purchased this car mostly for fuel mileage. I drive 50 miles round trip to and from work daily. I average about 45 MPG. On road trips i have noticed 51 MPG routinely. This is with the cruise control set at 70. The car is quite roomy, I have had 4 adults in the car and no complaints. I have loaded up the car for a weekend trip and had plenty of room. The car handles quite sporty, better then I had anticipated. This is a great car overall Why waste your extra money on a hybrid when Diesel is just as clean and you dont have batteries to dispose of? GREAT CAR!!"

I love this car!

By on Monday, July 30, 2012

Pros: "Great Quality. Fit and finish is excellent"

Cons: "No armrest on the Base Model."

"I have had mostly domestic cars for the past 20 years but this year I decided on the Golf. I loved the fit and finish of the car. It was so much better than the other cars I have owned. I have the base model and I get around 40mg on a trip, but not as well if I put my foot into it. I love the sound of the 2.5L 5 cyl. It reminds me of the Audi my parents owned and that I learned to drive on. The Audi was a great 5cyl engine too. With getting close to 40mg on trips, I don't see the need for the TDI which was much more expensive. The only thing I don't like is that I think the base model should come with an armrest. I am currently looking to buy one and install it. This car was a bit pricier than others I looked at but the quality and driving experience was well worth the money."

Severe problems

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2012

"I purchased two 2-dr 2010 Golfs and have had problems with both of them, but significantly more with one in particular. Since the second month I had it, the driver's side window has leaked water inside the car. I took it in three times already for this problem and they still have not been able to fix it completely. It is now still leaking and has three water stains on the ceiling above the driver's side door. In addition, had trouble with brakes and pads and had to have them replaced at my cost. There is also black residue on the back hubcaps that seems to come from above the tires inside the body. This residue is VERY difficult to remove. No idea yet what it is."

I love my golf

By on Saturday, July 07, 2012

Pros: "economy, fun to drive, room for road trips"

Cons: "road trips with 4/5 people a little tight."

"I get much better mileage than that! a best of 50MPG, average of 39-42MPG back and forth to work 38-48 Highway MPG. I love this car."