2011 Volkswagen Golf

Based on 82 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Super fun to drive - great value for money

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "Great price and fun to drive"

Cons: "Should buy arm rest"

"The driving experience is a lot of fun. While it feels secure, you do get the dynamic of a small fast car. Great MPG too. I use the VW Golf as a daily commuter to work, and I haven't had any problems with it ever."

Great value, well built

By on Monday, October 27, 2014

Reason: wanted a new car

Pros: "quality, great customer care, very well built"

Cons: "Plethora of small things went wrong under warranty"

"Fun to drive with a truly well built interior. I had a lot of warranty items needing attention, so it was inconvenient. The car is truly comfortable. Gas mileage was consistently 30mpg which for the 2.5L 5 cylinder was really good, and with the 5 speed manual. I really recommend the golf as a superiorly well conceived and designed car, top of its class NO DOUBT"

Great, reliable and made for drivers

By on Friday, October 24, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, Great Gas Mileage, Brilliant Handling"

"This is my second Golf. My first was a 1996 CL, gas model. This is my first diesel powered car. I have been quite impressed with how well this car handles and corners, it's extremely tight and responsive. I also love the turbo engine, it really kicks in and the power is great. The tech package makes it really comfortable, navigation, sunroof, bluetooth, iphone charger, heated seats....really comfortable. I also noticed how quiet the interior cabin is as well. Any of my friends or family that drive this car tell me how much the love it. I love this car too and never want to sell it!"

Good Little Car

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

Pros: "fuel milage, reliable, fun to drive,"

Cons: "parts expense, no bi xenon's missing euro goodies"

"I have no real qualms about my Golf TDi other than the parts can be expensive off warranty, but if you are competent enough to do your own work its not to bad. To be honest for what you pay you get a pretty basic car, which in a way isn't too bad for what you get. In would of love to have seen bi-xenon headlamps standard on this high level of a car, along with real leather, and some other little things like chrome switch accents standard. I have added a bunch of European only options to mine just to make it different, but in all seriousness for what I paid to do it myself VW should of shipped them with these options. Ride is very firm, and at times rough with the tires inflated tonspex or above for max mpgs, wind noise is tolerable, road noise is not, I added about 100 pounds in sound deadener products to aid it and made a huge difference, again why not standard, when you have high end tires on it and cannot hear the radio at a comfortable level at 60-70 mph something's not right in a nearly $30 grand car new. I average 42-44 mpgs overall, even with spirited driving. I hope to have this little car for a long time coming."

good size, great milage drives like sports car

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pros: "gas miliage is great, is fast and looks sharp"

"Great value"

It started out perfect...

By on Sunday, October 05, 2014

Pros: "Not too expensive, fun to drive"

Cons: "Difficult to get in back seats"

"I'm a high school student and my parents bought this car for me used to share with my brother and two other younger siblings (once they get their licenses). It terms of value and quality, the car seems top notch. The reliability is usually pretty good, but when it's raining it is difficult to accelerate through turns, which is partially the tires fault but it still is kind of frustrating. It is a super fun car to drive and the speakers are nice for long rides. In regards to the design: I'm not a huge fan. It's really cute from the outside, but the inside just does not work as well for me. Specifically, the touchscreen for the radio is dangerous to work while driving because you actually have to read it. THIS CAR DOES NOT HAVE AUTOMATIC LIGHTS. This seems like something that would be intuitive in a 2012 vehicle. Also, I got the car in the winter and every time I would drive it a random ding noise would go off and I was worried something was wrong with the car. After about a month, I realized that every time that it goes below 40 degrees outside (which is pretty much every day from November to march) the car makes this noise. My least favorite part about the car is the comfort and convenience. Being extremely short, the small height of the car is not that big of a deal. But my brother and dad are constantly complaining about how there is not enough room, especially if either has the misfortune to sit in the backseat. Although the car is able to fold the seats down for extra space, I have to leave them up and I am left with a too small trunk that, ironically, can only barely fit my golf clubs and pull cart without obstructing my rear window. Overall, if you have any tall family members or need more space go for the 4 door instead of the 2 door, you will thank yourself in time."

2015 VW Golf TSI SE- Best in class!

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pros: "Economical, powerful, fun to drive"

Cons: "none so far"

"I was looking for an economy hatch (around $25K) that was extremely comfortable for long trips, quiet at hwy speeds, gave great hwy mpgs and had decent tech. The choice came down to 3 cars- Mazda3 2.5GT, Kia Forte5 and the 2015 Golf TSI SE. The Kia has the best technology and creature comforts including heated and cooled driver seat, heated steering wheel etc... But I did not enjoy how it drove and the interior felt sort of lower tier. The Mazda3 was extremely impressive in just about every area but a lack of storage around the driver and no option for a lighter blue had me look toward the Golf. When I finally test drove it I felt like I was home. Just perfect in every area. Quieter and more comfortable than the other cars on the road, great storage everywhere including a large door pocket, storage under the seat and on the left of the steering wheel in addition to the center console and center stack. The infotainment system sounds incredible (since it's made by Fender- 400W sub woofer located inside the spare tire) and has a nice 5.8 inch color touch screen that works like a smart phone screen with swipes and pinches. Plus the Blue Silk Metallic is a beautiful blue. I bought the SE model with the lighting package which includes bi-Xenon lights with Adaptive front lighting and LED DRls (Adds $995). Including Chrome exhaust tips, mud flaps and monster mats I paid $26K including destination. I have only driven it around 700 miles so far but it's a dream. I am averaging around 30mpg but that's 90% city. I've seen MFD show between 38 and 40 mpg during the brief hwy driving at around 70mph. I expect it should easily get 40mpg on long trips. The 1.8T is a really powerful engine for this class and pulls the car extremely well - 0-60 in about 7.5 sec with the automatic. The low end torque 200 lbs/ft starts around 1500 rpm so the car shoots out of a stop light with amazing quickness. Hwy passing is cinch. It doesn't feel like it's laboring at all and there is almost no turbo lag. I think this is the best car I could have bought that fit my specifications and plus the German dynamics is just an added bonus."

best car ever

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "all good"

Cons: "maintenance is costly"

"An excellent car. Besides the miles per gallon. Handles so well, like a really expensive german car. Top notch quality inside, seat material a little on the economical side. Also somethings over engineered but for me that's great. Have put almost 50,000 miles on the car and it sti;; drives like a 50,000 car. All i do is the maintenance which is expensive at VW. LOve the car!"

The Golf TDi is a fantastic car

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "Great Highway MPG, torque, fun!"

Cons: "Not for Toyota Camry drivers"

"I have loved VW Golfs for quite a while now and I have had the privilege to own two of them, a MkIV (2002 gas) and my current MkVI (2011 TDi). The MkVI is a very comfortable and agile car that makes driving fun while sipping diesel. This car excels on the highway, returning 44-45 MPG on long trips. Tons of torque is available at low RPMs, so if you encounter a steep hill, just drop it into 3rd or 4th and it powers up the incline like it's not even there. If you are a city driver, this might not be the car for you if you're mainly looking for high MPGs. It's probably better to go with a Prius or other hybrid or even an electric Leaf since those cars excel in town, but you will have more fun with the Golf. The Golf is also one of the best looking cars on the road under $30k, classic with well defined lines and curves. No crazy bubbles, swoopes or oversized grilles. Plus, at 31k miles, I have had zero problems with this vehicle, which is to be expected. Ultimately, the Golf is a drivers car; so if you enjoy driving and think of it as more than just getting from point A to point B, you will really appreciate this car."

I loved this car!!

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Great value, super fun to drive"

Cons: "Would have preferred 8 way adjustable seat."

"Great car. Never once stuck in the worst winter of my life even when 4WD cars couldnt make it up the hilly roads. Super comfortable and totally 100% reliable all of the time."