2011 Volkswagen Golf

Based on 82 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Almost perfect

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pros: "Good driving, design and quality"

Cons: "Weak seat fabric, door seals not tight"

"I own 2.5 L two door manual, with winter package. Excellent in almost every way except few not major things: Seat fabric is looking great, but is weak and wears out rapidly at the friction points. The driver’s door seal is not thick enough in the latch area, so I could hear some extra road noise. Great ergonomic design in and out. It is very stable at any speed, quiet while cruising at 80 miles/h. With the stock tires I was getting 36 miles per gallon on the freeway easily. With larger tires it dropped to about 33. It is sensitive to the way you drive though, if you push it hard you will get worse quite a bit. Do not get deceived by the small look, it is comfortable enough for 4 regular size persons. Might not be the quickest on the road, but is peppy. It is a little Audi for the price of cheesy car. Recommend!"

one of the best cars i have ever owned

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Great buy for what you get"

"Great on gas millage. This car has sold me on Volkswagen's for the rest of my life"

Awesome car.

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pros: "Great mileage and handling."

Cons: "Not the sexiest looking car"

"Not the biggest interior, but easily fits my 6'5" frame in the drivers seat with 2 clicks left on the seat! Handles like a slot car. Great getup and go. Averages 38mpg, and I don't drive lightly."

Great car

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pros: "Saves a lot on fuel, torquey fun, comfortable!"

"I bought a 4-dr TDI Golf last November after wanting a diesel Golf for quite some time. This is my second VW (I still own a 95 VR6 GTI) and we have 3 others in the family including another 2011 TDI Golf. I average 40-45 MPG on my commute which I would not consider highway miles. I do see 50 MPG on days with less traffic during my commute. I easily save $80 plus a month on fuel due to this car. I drive at least 2 hours a day for work (30 miles) and this car is extremely comfortable. It has made my commute more enjoyable with the touchscreen radio, bluetooth, and comfortable seats. I would definitely recommend getting heated seats if you live anywhere with cold winters because diesels do not heat up as quick as a gasoline car. My heated seats heat up fairly quick. The car is roomy and the hatch area offers a good amount of space as well. I haven't had any reliability issues with my car and every trip to the dealer has been a good one. The only thing I'd change with these cars is more color options. I opted for the Blue Graphite which I absolutely love, but VW used to offer a lot more variety. I hope to keep this car at least 10 years and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a comfortable small car with excellent fuel mileage."

FUN TO DRIVE ! I love it.

By on Monday, October 03, 2011

Pros: "Fun, unique, great gas mileage, peppy engine"

Cons: "Would have liked a few more color options to choose from."

"I bought my Golf in June 2010. I've had it now 16mos and love it. It's reliable, economical, and very fun to drive. Everything has worked, with no mechanical issues or fit"