2010 Volkswagen Golf

Based on 86 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

I LOVE this car

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "engine is a bit noisy"

"This car is so much fun to drive...lots of power, great handling, very responsive. Plus, it gets amazing gas mileage. Exactly what I wanted!"

These cars are designed for the German Autobahns!

By on Sunday, December 04, 2011

Pros: "The TDI offers an excellent package!"

"With that said, I have to admit that my 2011 Golf TDI hangs with the best on the German highways. You may think that the autobahns are flat open roads, but in reality compare them to the interstate system in PA. I can go into a hill (speed between 80-90 mph) loaded with passengers and with the air conditioner on, up the hill, and get to the top of the hill without pulling it out of sixth gear; couldn't say that about my Honda Accord. The 2.0 liter turbo matched with the 6 speed manual gear box is a very powerful and economic vehicle that does very well in all driving conditions and environments. The upgrade from it's gasoline companion is well worth the three thousand dollar differnce, not only in fuel economy, but the overall packet in general. Just to name a few... sport suspension, alloy 17" wheels, premium sound system, multi-function steering wheel, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. The car is larger than its visual appearance, but still ideal for small roads and tight parking. Don't let the fact of it being a diesel scare you; it's quiet, vibration-less, and produces ultra-low emmissions. My tailpipe looks as clean as when I first bought the car and the car behind me can tell I have a diesel only by looking at the emblem on the rear hatch. I would recommend opting for xenon headlights if you plan on driving very fast at night."

Love my TDI Golf

By on Friday, December 02, 2011

"I have not had a Volkswagen since I had my 66 VW beetle 15 years ago, and wow was I missing out. I love the design and the styling of the Golf. The interior looks better then many of the other cars I have owned. I wanted a hatchback and was looking at the Mazda 3 and this car. I am glad I choose the Volkswagen except the price, but you get what you pay for. The car just feels like it is built to last, all the way down to the cross stiching in the seats for better wear protection. I love the milage that I get in my TDI about 40 avg.Just wish she was more consistent at acceleration but thats a turbo car. At times it feels like she doesnt want to go but other times she throws my head back(She's a moody girl sometimes). Love everything about the car but how the drivers cockpit is tight around my legs. I feel like I have to lean my foot way to the right to reach the gas pedal. All because the consule is rounded wide down by my calfs. Other than that plenty of room for myself the wife and two girls. Both of my girls are in car seats in the back my 2 yr old can touch the back of my seat with her legs though, but thats because the car seat for her pushes her about a 7 inches forward. I love all the options it comes with, like the two ways to shift the auto trans at the shifter or with the steering wheel paddles. The bluetooth is crystal clear, and the touch screen radio is cool and sounds wonderful. Great great great car."

SO worth it.

By on Thursday, December 01, 2011

Pros: "great handling, safe, great first car"

just after a car wash.

"There's not a single bad word that could be said about this car. Everyone who has driven mine says it's a super fun ride, and it handles extremely well on every type of terrain. When slamming on the brakes, this car does everything in its power to stop as soon as possible. I almost was in an accident but this car swerved like it was a everyday driving maneuver. This is my first car and down the road when I'm in need of a new one, I'll be investing in the GTI version."

just after a car wash.

GOLF TDI is so fun to drive and saves from gas sta

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "Worth to me to have a great reliable fun car"

Cons: "Most Volks need better door handles"

"The TDI is much more roomy than one wouyld first think. Same wheel base as Jetta. Park them sifde by side and see for yourself. Do not like small trunk or lack of but you get room for passemngers in comfortable roomy back seat. Face it no need for trunck when just commuting - even trips there was enough space to transport luggage. Fun Fun Fun to drive I can say I have never had so much fun just driving- I like 6 speen manual better than Auto Trans. Cheat with clutch and I bet you can get 60 plus miles to gallon - wouldn't do all time but once just to see. I get almost 50 as most driving I do is Highway. If careful driving you should get 40 anyway. Interior is roomy and well laid out - standard features are extra anywhere else. Wish seats were available in leather but not option. Turning radius is best in any I have ever driven. Quick to start or finish- responsive steering - good use of controls - may be a bit high end price range but value holds and when considering having the car go 3 or 400,000 miles rather than the usual 150,000 (if lucky) of other brands before dieing it's worth the extra. I would highly recommend Volks as I have owned 4 (none with less than 190,000 before new car purchase) had a couple other brands in between - wish I never switched to those other brands at all - wasted my money on them not to mention the langue I had to use discribing the quality of those so called highly recommended cars."