2005 Volkswagen Golf

7.9

Based on 274 Ratings for the 1999 - 2006 models.

a reliable automobile

By on Monday, June 9, 2008

"The latest model golf (not the rabbit) comes with only 115HP, little under powered. But for the price you receive a presentable little car, with more room than you would expect it to have (bigger than BMW 3series or MB C-class). It gets an average 29 Miles to the gallon. A good Reliable, safe, simple car. A lot of fun to drive, (cornering). Its a good car for the city, at the same time it has plenty of tourque for the freeway (get the manual transmission , more responsive). Maintain the car well, and it will run 200K, easy...!"

By on Saturday, April 5, 2008

Great little car for price

By on Friday, April 4, 2008

"This car was 2 years old when I bought it. It gets pretty good gas mileage and decent performance considering the low-power engine. It is not a fast car, but a very good driving car and handles curvy roads very well. I had a couple electronic issues when I first purchased this car. The Check Engine light came on a few times for a few different things, which was annoying, but nothing major. Where this car really shines is its versatility, the hatchback trunk area is very roomy for a car of its size, and when you fold down the seats you can carry quite a bit of stuff. Pros: cargo space, handling, gas mileage Cons: Underpowered, a few electrical problems"

great milage!

By on Sunday, January 20, 2008

"I love my 2003 TDI Golf, I have only had a few problems(knock on wood!) , I drive fast and spirited ,I am amazed how I can run the A/C all the time drive up hills and still 38mpg! ,believe me all German cars have problems because of over engineering! To sum it all up : if you buy a VW TDI get a friggen stick ,the sticks are better , but depending on the year replace the clutch ,maintain the car and the car will maintain you! The car does maintain there price the TDI's that is! ,I will say I would buy a new car ,but I would hate the gas milage! and I refuse to buy an ugly toyota prius! VW/Audi are going to release the new TDI ,but only in the Jetta for now in middle of spring 08, that is the projected date for the release of the TDI"

Smooth Sporty ride!

By on Thursday, January 10, 2008

"I've been always a big fan of volks, but my golf is just amazing. Confortable ride, smooth when it drives. One thing. Always take your volks to a volks dealer for maintance! it is a little more expensive, but its worthwhile. I never had any problems so far. 1 year of use."