2003 Volkswagen Golf

7.9

Based on 272 Ratings for the 1999 - 2006 models.

Great deal.

By on Saturday, January 03, 2009

"Bought my VW Golf 2000 6 years ago with about 38k miles, car has over 140k miles now. Never broke down and left me on the side of the road. Fun to drive in town, but not real comfortable for long trips. Although I drive it from Phoenix to Vegas regularly. Unless you can afford a BMW or Benz, still with a VW. Better than an Audi and a lot less expensive to repair."

Great mileage!

By on Tuesday, January 08, 2008

"I've never gotten less than 42mpg in my Golf TDI...and that's in town! I've owned it for 3yrs now, and so far, so good on the electricals and integrity, but I've heard some horrow stories. I only have 17,000 miles on it, so we'll see. The performance leaves a bit to be desired, but with the max torque being produced at 1800rpm, downshifting is never a necessity. I can cruise around at 35mph in 5th gear with no problems. It's a small car and although roomy for a small hatchback, the backseat is almost useless for people. If you have kids, only 1 seat will realistically fit in the back (in the middle) and it's a pain to get them in/out. We always use my wife's minivan to go anywhere, even though it gets less than half the mileage. Overall, a satisfying car with unbeatable gas mileage. I hope my good luck with reliablility continues. If not, the resale value (due to gas prices I assume) is almost what I paid for it!"

150,000 and strong

By on Monday, October 01, 2007

"bought the car new in '03'. replaced only the water pump and a battery. lacks horsepower but the gas mileage makes up for it. sounds great with intake on it and looks fantastic after 4 years. i would recommend a vw to anyone looking to buy a new car."

Good enough car, but should be better

By on Monday, August 13, 2007

"Nice small hatchback. Looks great, especially the interior finish ... as good as an Audi. Had several warranty issues, so a bit annoying. One warranty issue led to premature break replacement at my own cost after warranty expired. Needs more power (the '07 Rabbit should have this problem fixed). Seems to hold its value well. I just hope that the electronics don't start failing me. So far, so good. Fingers crossed."

Awesome Car

By on Friday, July 06, 2007

"This car is awesome. Super fast and a blast to drive. Test drive one and you'll buy it. I've owned mine since 50k and is now at 80k with no problems. Definately suggest this car to anyone interested in it."