2014 Volkswagen Eos Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $32,265 - $33,525.

10/6.3

Based on 157 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Great Car Except for the Oil you need in the trunk

By on Monday, June 11, 2012

Pros: "hard top convertible that is fun to drive"

Cons: "oil burning"

"I love my car and even after almost 5 years it still turns heads when I take the roof down. The issue with this car that little that it burns oil. With the full synthetic 5W40 oil (only 2 brands made that meet VW standards in US), the owner's manual states oil changes at 5 to 10K miles. My car will burn through about 2 to 3 quarts of oil every 5K. This started happening about year 2 of ownership. The dealer did tests and said the car was not burning too much oil. Reading the other sites, many other owners with cars a few years old have this same problem. If you do not mind having a few quarts of oil in your trunk at all times, it is a great car."

Best convertible for price by far

By on Wednesday, February 18, 2009

"I evaluated several convertibles including domestics, volvo, saab, audi, and bmw. Only one that i liked better was the bmw. However at $20K more than the eos, the VW gets the nod. The gas mileage, comfort, performance and features are amazing for this small car that actually weighs over 3700 lbs. I have had no problems to date at 28K miles. The hardtop convertible with the glass moonroof is special and particularly desirable for me. I average 30 miles to the gallon in mixed driving (60% city and 40% hwy)."

Fabulous

By on Sunday, August 26, 2007

"Great performance, great looks -- this car looks rich and acts rich. The huge sunroof makes you feel as if you are driving with the top down all the time. The car handles like a dream and the tranmission and engine are smooth and quiet. Very good gas mileage. Interior is luxurious, gorgeous, roomy and comfortable. Front seat wind control is excellent with the deflector. The back seat is very windy, however, as deflector cannot be used (obviously) with back seat passengers. We are delighted with this car and wish we had 2 of them."

Great idea.

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "Fun, GREAT GAS MILAGE! Turbo!"

Cons: "Few cup holders Small baskseat, Carseats DO NO FIT"

"I currently own A VW EOS, I have had it for almost a year. I lived in Portland Oregon for a majority of the time and was looking for a convertible I could use once we moved to a warmer climate. After a crime spree in the area I was nervous to get a convertible due to cut ins in the top. This was the perfect fit for what I needed. PROS: This is an amazing car. Drives great. Love the Turbo. And when the top is down the stereo is amazing. Looks pretty cool putting the top down. Transformer... Fantastic gas milage CONS: like all convertibles small back seat. Cannot fit a carseat properly. And after driving from Portland to Phoenix I will never sit in the back seat again... not meant for long drives with passengers in the back seat."

Looking forward to a long relationship

By on Saturday, April 30, 2011

"Just bought the Eos Komfort having downsized from A Mountaineer. I love this car! It's well equipped at the base model. It's fun to drive, head turning and has way more pick up than I expected. I do wish there was more storage up front. The glove compartment is small and there's no storage between the seats. I'm making the pocket on the door work but it's definitely an adjustment coming from an SUV. On the upside, the trunk actually holds quite a bit, even with the top down. The sunroof is awesome!!! My favorite thing is telling people it's a convertible with a sunroof. Most people have no idea this car even exists. And, I've been in it about a week and have yet to see another one on the road and I really like that."