2014 Volkswagen Eos Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $32,129 - $33,540.

10/6.3

Based on 166 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Love the car, hate the maintenance

By on Wednesday, February 04, 2009

"I love my 2007 EOS. It is the most fun to drive car I have ever owned. I found out it uses oil like mad! From what I understand it is a common problem in 2.0L VW engines. VW says it is acceptable to burn 1 quart of oil per 1000 miles of driving. That is excessive to me. But, nonetheless, I still love the car!!!! Unfortunately I have to carry oil in the trunk. I stilll recommend it, but caution buyers to check their oil regularly."

Love it

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pros: "Great handling. Responsive. Solid feel."

Cons: "Few cup holders. Little interior storage."

"Great handling. Responsive. Great pickup. Solid feel. Awesome hard top convertible allows 30 second convert so there is never any weather concerns. Stylish body. Best value for the money. Has been very reliable thus far. Could use more cup holders and has very little interior storage with a small glove box. When I get another car it will just be a newer model of this exact same car. Love it."

Super fun to drive, kids love it (and fit in it)

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Super fun in every way"

"Speedy little thing for a 4 cylinder, beautiful mechanics operating the roof smoothly, excellent options for just how much air you want (full fledged top down convertible wind in your hair - with windows up and wind breaker in back, convertible without having to redo your hair - just windows and huge sky roof - or close it all up and use the AC or heat). It handles really well and even has a sport mode for extra pep. I love this car. The kids love it, "the fun transformer car." Gas mileage is phenomenal, I get about 30mpg back and forth to work and easily get above 35 if I do highway driving (having the top up might help that mileage). Only negative - cornsilk beige interior is really off white and not the best choice for basketballs, kids shoes, etc"

Finally got the car of my dreams!! :)

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, safe and handles well. Dynaudio!!"

Cons: "Little trunk space."

"I've had my eye on the EOS since 2006/2007 when VW announced them coming out. I had a 83 white Rabbit convertible as my first car in 1990 and then in 96 I bought a new white Cabrio Highline. Both were white with black tops. I had my cabrio for ten years and after 3 transmissions i decided to sell it and get a Toyota Matrix in 2006 as they are cheap and reliable. Not one problem with the Matrix and it's still in tip top shape, but I still missed my VW convertible and always have had my eye on the EOS. Finally gave in 2 weeks ago and bought a certified used 2008 white. So far so good and I hope she treats me good!!! Driving this car compared to my Matrix is a HUGE difference. Feels like luxury and handles wonderfully. I kind of wish I had just bought the Eos back in 2007 when they came out, but I probably wouldnt enjoy it as much. Plus i just bought the lux version and i wouldnt have been able to afford that new in 2007. Everything happens for a reason. The only thing I'll miss is the trunk space!!!! Love this car!! I only recommend people reading up on the convertible top because you have to maintain all the roof seals or it could get leaks. Vwvortex has some good maintenance tips."

FUN CAR

By on Tuesday, March 03, 2015

"LOVE MY CAR! ONLY COMPLAIN IS THEAT IT DOES NOT HAVE A REARSENSOR WHEN I BACK UP."

Perfect for NE

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, sexy, hardtop covertible"

Cons: "Struggles in blizzards (its not an SUV)"

"I absolutely love my car. Its great for all seasons. Granted, when we have our New England winters it can be slick, but given this winter has been so mild and beautiful I couldn't be happier with my car. Love it. It has a small back seat so if you regularly have multiple passengers I'm told its tight back there. But for you and a passenger its just right. Heated seats are fantastic in morning. When it's really cold, (I mean teens all week) the windows can get frozen and then you cannot open the car door because they must release about a centimeter to open the car door safely. My solution is if you bought an automatic car starter and put your defrosters on the night before you would be good to go in the morning!"

It hates me...

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, cute and flirty"

Cons: "Something goes wrong every 3 months"

"I've had my cute little car for 3 years and I believe that it hates me....it'd rather spend it's time, top up, in the service bay at the dealership than out on the road with me. I hope it's just my car and not the entire fleet...."

a keeper!

By on Sunday, April 24, 2011

"I like German cars (have had Audi A4s and VW Passats) and always wanted the A4 Cabriolet, but wouldn't want to park a ragtop in the snow visiting family in Buffalo. I waited a year before buying a 2008 Eos (Lux- turbo 2.0L) in Nov. 2007. It's far and away my favorite car. Fun to drive, with sports mode when you want more control. Much better pickup than previous turbo 4s (including Audi) and handling is great. Beautiful interior, exceptionally comfortable front seats; rear seats a bit stiff but passengers have had no complaints on short trips. Mileage has been about 29 using premium fuel. (You're protecting the turbo, and it costs me maybe $150 more a year. Fine.) I like the styling better than the other 4-seaters. People are curious, since there aren't that many on the road, but have been complimentary--even after 3 1/2 years. (Don't like the tailgaters though) The hardtop goes down as soon as the temp reaches 60 degrees. Adequate room for groceries and luggage for 2. No mechanical or electrical issues, but I have had the occasional roof leak in the rain (a sign that a 'treatment' is needed). Regular maintenance needed/recommended. I usually change cars after 3 years; not this time. Hope to see all-wheel drive and a hybrid version in the future."

It's the dealer, not the car

By on Thursday, April 07, 2011

"Had my EOS for almsot 2 years of mostly trouble free driving. Air bag on pass. side failed a few months ago and dealer fixed it but well, it was broke again in 5 miles. Had to order a new one and took 5 weeks to get part. Oil change and tire rotation $92.00 and need an appointment. I change at 5 thousand miles so not free in between. Car rides and handles well for what it is which is a boulevard cruiser and a ton of fun. Have 15,000 miles and no rattles at all. Great gas mileage getting 35 around town and 34 on the road. Yeah, more around town. Keep it at 65 and get 37+ mpg but premium fuel. Only issue I have is the dealership who act as though they are doing you a favor taking your money and working on your car. Other car is an Acura MDX and pull in to dealership and think you were driving a Rolls Royce."

fast, fun and easy to drive

By on Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"The EOS is a unique auto, not only is it a convertible but it also is not as known for being a higher hp and torque sports car. I've owned this car for 2 years and if you don't watch out, you're way out in front of the pack of cars on the interstate. When your in the car, you simply want to keep going. Its so comfortable and allows you to feels secure as it has a tight suspension allowing one to manuever so easily."

I love my EOS

By on Thursday, July 15, 2010

"Great little car that works well in any weather. I have consistently gotten 21/31 in MPG. I had a door dent and the dent MD said VW's are the best made small car with better bracing and metal. It screams down the road and I bought it because it was both a convertible (my first), had a sunroof, and I love those heated seats and it is just cool looking. Took it to the OR coast recently with the top down for 1000 road miles and what fun !!"

Eos

By on Friday, June 25, 2010

"I live in the midwest and wanted a year around driver. The car is phenomenal on bad roads. I'm getting 26 MPG city and 32 MPG hiway with decent performance. I looked at everything and there is no car in this price range that looks better or gives you more. I am very demanding and the car has met every expectation."

Fun Car

By on Friday, February 05, 2010

"The Eos is a fun, peppy car. The sunroof extends the entire width of the roof but is noisy when driving. The convertible folds nicely into the trunk with more room than my former Saab, but still not a ton of room. One persistant problem has been a dripping leak where the roof meets the window which I believe shorted out the auto window. I also feel that for this amount of money, the interior should be much better. Finally, there is virtually no room for passengers in the back seat. But overall, a fun car."

2007 sport padel shift

By on Thursday, September 03, 2009

"so far had only one problems with my eos , it started leaking water from the top of the windshield and water was getting in the a/c duck so a bad smell came on every time i turned it on. the dealer fixed it and cleaned the ac ducks. the eos handels better than my wifes 535i BMW because my eos came with the sport tune supension but every 10k miles you have to refill the gas shock and that kills my mula. over all car is stylus fast comfortble and fun to drive. just make sure you get free service for 3 years."

3 Cars in One and So Much Fun!

By on Thursday, April 23, 2009

"The Eos was my first convertible and my first red car. I purchased it in November of 2007, and I have nothing but praise for the car's looks, handling, reliability, smiles per mile, highway fuel economy, and the looks of the car whether the top is up or down. It actually sits four relatively comfortable when the top is down. I've also discovered that the secret to using the most cargo capacity is to load everything in the trunk when the top is up, close the cargo cover, and THEN open the top. Very easy to fit a couple of suitcases back there. The 20.T engine is a DREAM and the car brakes and handles so well. I feel safe, sporty and sexy in this machine, and my boyfriend will even drive it! :)"

simply beautiful

By on Saturday, December 29, 2007

"Well designed, comfortable, reliable. Good value for money compared to other hard tops. A head-turner."

loving it!

By on Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Pros: "comfortable ride, responsive, fun"

Cons: "premium gas"

2015 Eos Executive

"No car can really be a perfect 10 but this comes close. I special ordered my 2015 flash red Eos Executive and it finally arrived last week. It is gorgeous and kind of rare, which is fine with me. It's so much fun to drive and I like all the options like hardtop sunroof or full convertible. It has all the bells and whistles I want. One downside is that it uses premium gas but it's mostly just a summer car so that's not a huge issue. With the top up the car looks rather plainly styled except that the red is very bright. It surprises me that it doesn't seem to be a very popular car. I'm thinking that the price (for the Executive model) is too much considering an Audi is maybe 5k or so more. But the folding hard top is an engineering marvel and adds major cost to the car. I can't comment on reliability because I haven't owned it long enough. But so far this car is awesome!"

2015 Eos Executive

great car for the $$$

By on Friday, January 04, 2013

Pros: "Great Price, The Opening and Closing of the top is"

Cons: "power"

"It is a great buy for the money. The hardtop/convertible attracts stares everytime it opens or closes, especially when you are at a traffic light and it starts to rain. It's a great solid little car thats fun to drive, could use about double the HP it has. Either way I'd reccommend it."

AWESOME CAR!!!!!!!!!!!

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

Pros: "Wickedly FUN FUN FUN"

Cons: "Blind spot/rear"

"this car is FAST! (for a lit'le car). Blimey I have had this car for 5 years and it is so reliable...Only thing bad is it has a blind spot to rear. Other than that I love this car."

My second one

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "Hard top convertible with a sunroof....absolutely"

Cons: "Luggage compartment w/the top down is small"

"I had a 2008 EOS which was a lease. When the lease was up in Aug 2011, I had to have another. So this time I'm buying it. Love this car."

Love, Love this car.

By on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

"It hyas an excellent smooth drive. Very comfortable seats. Size is just perfect to find a parking spot in NYC."

EOS IS A WIN!

By on Thursday, April 29, 2010

"If you are looking for the best 4 seater Hard top covertible that holds it's value than look no further! I moved to the beach and wanted a convertible but with kids I needed some extra room. Even with the hardtop down it fits two medium size suitcases in the trunk. All the other competitor cars are either gas guzzlers or overpriced (or lacking style - BWM). The EOS is nimble on the road, looks better than the other hardtops, and with the 2.0 engine option is very quick without sacrificing your gas budget. I average 30 mpg but I travel highways a lot. Already racked up 74,000 miles with no problems at all. There is potential for water leaking around the hardtop seals but you should discover this under the warranty and they can fix it on VW's dime. A great car for the money and I just looked at the value based on my 2007 with 74,000 and it's still holding over $20K in excellent condition retail."

End of 2nd year

By on Tuesday, April 13, 2010

"We provided a review in March 09 after 1 year with the 2008 Komfort EOS. It had major problems in the first year (transmission, cooling system, electrical, etc - read review), but all has been well since that time and after all the fixes. Car now has 20,000 miles and it is still fun to drive. Seems like owners who get problem cars have to deal with serious issues while others don't have any problems early on. We are wary of post 50,000 mile issues should we decide to keep the car after 2011"

VERY NiCE VW

By on Friday, January 15, 2010

"I have had my EOS for several months now and made a 2000 mile trip to Orlando FL from Springfield MO. It was very comfortable and averaged 33 mpg. I love the way it performs with the 6 speed auto w/sport shift. Everyone likes the way the top goes up and down and it doesn't leak at all even in the car wash. I had to wait for 3 days before picking up the car for a transmission recall that apparently was an issue with earlier models. As of now, I am very happy with the car and would purchase it again."

08 EOS - Fahrvergnügen!

By on Sunday, December 06, 2009

"Leased our EOS in March of 2008. Great Deal! We intend to purchase it at the end of the lease in March of 2011. The car is a wonderful 2 passenger sport/convertible car. Although it does have a back seat, like most "sport" cars, its pretty much useless for "normal" sized adults. Love the hard top and how it retracts and still provides room in the trunk for storage. Everything about it is great. Styling, comfort, handling. If you want a really fun, reliable and luxury sport convertible, EOS is a great choice. It is not as quiet as a regular hard-top car, but I really don't notice it. The car IS NOT built for really big individuals (if you are pushing 6' or and/or over 250 lbs, it will be a really tight fit). Like all VW's it is a more "stiff" feel and ride. Our model is the LUX, but we "bought off the lot" and it did not have the navigation system. The 2008 models also did not come with the integrated phone, but we had that installed in Dec 09 for $500. Love it! All in all, it was a great deal for a great personal luxury sport convertible."