2013 Volkswagen Eos

Based on 171 Ratings for the 2007 - 2016 models.

Love it

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pros: "Great handling. Responsive. Solid feel."

Cons: "Few cup holders. Little interior storage."

"Great handling. Responsive. Great pickup. Solid feel. Awesome hard top convertible allows 30 second convert so there is never any weather concerns. Stylish body. Best value for the money. Has been very reliable thus far. Could use more cup holders and has very little interior storage with a small glove box. When I get another car it will just be a newer model of this exact same car. Love it."

Finally got the car of my dreams!! :)

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, safe and handles well. Dynaudio!!"

Cons: "Little trunk space."

"I've had my eye on the EOS since 2006/2007 when VW announced them coming out. I had a 83 white Rabbit convertible as my first car in 1990 and then in 96 I bought a new white Cabrio Highline. Both were white with black tops. I had my cabrio for ten years and after 3 transmissions i decided to sell it and get a Toyota Matrix in 2006 as they are cheap and reliable. Not one problem with the Matrix and it's still in tip top shape, but I still missed my VW convertible and always have had my eye on the EOS. Finally gave in 2 weeks ago and bought a certified used 2008 white. So far so good and I hope she treats me good!!! Driving this car compared to my Matrix is a HUGE difference. Feels like luxury and handles wonderfully. I kind of wish I had just bought the Eos back in 2007 when they came out, but I probably wouldnt enjoy it as much. Plus i just bought the lux version and i wouldnt have been able to afford that new in 2007. Everything happens for a reason. The only thing I'll miss is the trunk space!!!! Love this car!! I only recommend people reading up on the convertible top because you have to maintain all the roof seals or it could get leaks. Vwvortex has some good maintenance tips."

Perfect for NE

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, sexy, hardtop covertible"

Cons: "Struggles in blizzards (its not an SUV)"

"I absolutely love my car. Its great for all seasons. Granted, when we have our New England winters it can be slick, but given this winter has been so mild and beautiful I couldn't be happier with my car. Love it. It has a small back seat so if you regularly have multiple passengers I'm told its tight back there. But for you and a passenger its just right. Heated seats are fantastic in morning. When it's really cold, (I mean teens all week) the windows can get frozen and then you cannot open the car door because they must release about a centimeter to open the car door safely. My solution is if you bought an automatic car starter and put your defrosters on the night before you would be good to go in the morning!"

I love my EOS

By on Thursday, July 15, 2010

"Great little car that works well in any weather. I have consistently gotten 21/31 in MPG. I had a door dent and the dent MD said VW's are the best made small car with better bracing and metal. It screams down the road and I bought it because it was both a convertible (my first), had a sunroof, and I love those heated seats and it is just cool looking. Took it to the OR coast recently with the top down for 1000 road miles and what fun !!"

Eos

By on Friday, June 25, 2010

"I live in the midwest and wanted a year around driver. The car is phenomenal on bad roads. I'm getting 26 MPG city and 32 MPG hiway with decent performance. I looked at everything and there is no car in this price range that looks better or gives you more. I am very demanding and the car has met every expectation."

Fun Car

By on Friday, February 05, 2010

"The Eos is a fun, peppy car. The sunroof extends the entire width of the roof but is noisy when driving. The convertible folds nicely into the trunk with more room than my former Saab, but still not a ton of room. One persistant problem has been a dripping leak where the roof meets the window which I believe shorted out the auto window. I also feel that for this amount of money, the interior should be much better. Finally, there is virtually no room for passengers in the back seat. But overall, a fun car."

2007 sport padel shift

By on Thursday, September 03, 2009

"so far had only one problems with my eos , it started leaking water from the top of the windshield and water was getting in the a/c duck so a bad smell came on every time i turned it on. the dealer fixed it and cleaned the ac ducks. the eos handels better than my wifes 535i BMW because my eos came with the sport tune supension but every 10k miles you have to refill the gas shock and that kills my mula. over all car is stylus fast comfortble and fun to drive. just make sure you get free service for 3 years."

simply beautiful

By on Saturday, December 29, 2007

"Well designed, comfortable, reliable. Good value for money compared to other hard tops. A head-turner."

Underestimated!

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "Very Elegant, Sophisticated, Sporty and Fun"

Cons: "Wish there was a Back up Camera"

"This vehicle is one of the best cars I have ever owned. My family has always had high end performance sports cars and regular cars such as Porsche, BMW, Mercedes and even Volvo. When the economy took a hit we bought the VW Eos for practicality and fun while saving money compared to BMW and Mercedes. Our particular is very low mileage! We have had it since 2010 and just hit 21000 miles. Tires have been changed once for unusual wear. Im not sure if the particular type of Eos we have is unusually sporty or there are more like them, but ours is very sporty. It feels very high end. It is Black with Saddle, Fully loaded with Bi-Xenon Headlights with AFS. It has Pirelli Wheels and Dynaudio Stereo. It also has McPherson Strut suspension. As I stated, Im not sure if all VWs are this high end and sporty or because we bought the vehicle fully loaded, and that this is when Porsche Acquired VW in 2010. Fantastic car! We just purchased it off lease and plan to hold onto it for another 4 years. Im telling you this car really is unusually sporty and ELEGANT. I get a lot of looks at the light, and when it turns green im the first off the line with the Turbo engine."

great car for the $$$

By on Friday, January 04, 2013

Pros: "Great Price, The Opening and Closing of the top is"

Cons: "power"

"It is a great buy for the money. The hardtop/convertible attracts stares everytime it opens or closes, especially when you are at a traffic light and it starts to rain. It's a great solid little car thats fun to drive, could use about double the HP it has. Either way I'd reccommend it."