• New Car Buyer's Guides
  • The 40+ MPG Cars of 2015

2013 Volkswagen Eos

Based on 162 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Love the car, hate the maintenance

By on Wednesday, February 04, 2009

"I love my 2007 EOS. It is the most fun to drive car I have ever owned. I found out it uses oil like mad! From what I understand it is a common problem in 2.0L VW engines. VW says it is acceptable to burn 1 quart of oil per 1000 miles of driving. That is excessive to me. But, nonetheless, I still love the car!!!! Unfortunately I have to carry oil in the trunk. I stilll recommend it, but caution buyers to check their oil regularly."

2013 Eos Executive

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "hard top plus sunroof plus convertible all in one"

Cons: "somewhat generic looking with top up."

"I just bought this car a few days ago. It's a blast to drive and has many wonderful options. It's got great pickup and gas mileage. With the top up, from the outside it looks pretty much like your run-of-the-mill coupe. But when the top comes down (and it looks like a transformer when you operate the top)it becomes much more elegant looking. This is a great option for those who want a convertible yet also live in a cold climate where in the winter, a convertible is not practical. This is the best of both worlds. Can hardly wait til the summer to really have fun in this car."

Love my eos

By on Saturday, February 02, 2008

"Got my car August 2006, I have been through 2 new england winters, and a beautiful summer. I love this car. no complaints"

Buy It

By on Thursday, January 10, 2008

"Good styling, good economy, good performance. Trunk space and rear seat cramped but to be expected in a compact coupe. I have the 2008, LUX model and was dissappointed that it didn't have Homelink or that Bluetooth wasn't offered without the Nav system like in other cars in its price range"

DEFECTIVE DRG TRANSMISSION

By on Sunday, November 21, 2010

"I bought my EOS new in 2009 and at 1400 miles the transmission blew and was replaced under warranty with a previously defective unit VW calls refurbished. At 11,000 the transmission blew again and was replaced with a formerly defective unit again. I am a normal driver using the car to and from work and around town and am appalled that this DRG has failed twice in one year. Overall, the EOS is a fun car to drive and good value, but I think that anyone contemplaintg purchasing any car with the DRG transmission should not buy it. I think that the incidences of DSG transmission failures is vastly underreported since VW 'cheerully' replaces them and extends the warranty. I urge anyone who has had this problem to register transmission failure problems to the NHTSB as I have done so that the true extent is known. While these two failures cost me nothing, the aggravation, hassle and danger of having frequent transmission failure far out weighs the other good features of this car."

Eos i love it

By on Monday, November 12, 2007

"the car is a great overall car you dont sacrifice much trunk space for the top the car has the get up and go. the only two things i dont like about the car is supreme gas only and the back seats. but that comes owning a two a sports car."

Love it

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pros: "Great handling. Responsive. Solid feel."

Cons: "Few cup holders. Little interior storage."

"Great handling. Responsive. Great pickup. Solid feel. Awesome hard top convertible allows 30 second convert so there is never any weather concerns. Stylish body. Best value for the money. Has been very reliable thus far. Could use more cup holders and has very little interior storage with a small glove box. When I get another car it will just be a newer model of this exact same car. Love it."

Super fun to drive, kids love it (and fit in it)

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Super fun in every way"

"Speedy little thing for a 4 cylinder, beautiful mechanics operating the roof smoothly, excellent options for just how much air you want (full fledged top down convertible wind in your hair - with windows up and wind breaker in back, convertible without having to redo your hair - just windows and huge sky roof - or close it all up and use the AC or heat). It handles really well and even has a sport mode for extra pep. I love this car. The kids love it, "the fun transformer car." Gas mileage is phenomenal, I get about 30mpg back and forth to work and easily get above 35 if I do highway driving (having the top up might help that mileage). Only negative - cornsilk beige interior is really off white and not the best choice for basketballs, kids shoes, etc"

FUN CAR

By on Tuesday, March 03, 2015

"LOVE MY CAR! ONLY COMPLAIN IS THEAT IT DOES NOT HAVE A REARSENSOR WHEN I BACK UP."

Perfect for NE

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, sexy, hardtop covertible"

Cons: "Struggles in blizzards (its not an SUV)"

"I absolutely love my car. Its great for all seasons. Granted, when we have our New England winters it can be slick, but given this winter has been so mild and beautiful I couldn't be happier with my car. Love it. It has a small back seat so if you regularly have multiple passengers I'm told its tight back there. But for you and a passenger its just right. Heated seats are fantastic in morning. When it's really cold, (I mean teens all week) the windows can get frozen and then you cannot open the car door because they must release about a centimeter to open the car door safely. My solution is if you bought an automatic car starter and put your defrosters on the night before you would be good to go in the morning!"