2012 Volkswagen Eos

Based on 166 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Love, Love this car.

By on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

"It hyas an excellent smooth drive. Very comfortable seats. Size is just perfect to find a parking spot in NYC."

EOS IS A WIN!

By on Thursday, April 29, 2010

"If you are looking for the best 4 seater Hard top covertible that holds it's value than look no further! I moved to the beach and wanted a convertible but with kids I needed some extra room. Even with the hardtop down it fits two medium size suitcases in the trunk. All the other competitor cars are either gas guzzlers or overpriced (or lacking style - BWM). The EOS is nimble on the road, looks better than the other hardtops, and with the 2.0 engine option is very quick without sacrificing your gas budget. I average 30 mpg but I travel highways a lot. Already racked up 74,000 miles with no problems at all. There is potential for water leaking around the hardtop seals but you should discover this under the warranty and they can fix it on VW's dime. A great car for the money and I just looked at the value based on my 2007 with 74,000 and it's still holding over $20K in excellent condition retail."

End of 2nd year

By on Tuesday, April 13, 2010

"We provided a review in March 09 after 1 year with the 2008 Komfort EOS. It had major problems in the first year (transmission, cooling system, electrical, etc - read review), but all has been well since that time and after all the fixes. Car now has 20,000 miles and it is still fun to drive. Seems like owners who get problem cars have to deal with serious issues while others don't have any problems early on. We are wary of post 50,000 mile issues should we decide to keep the car after 2011"

VERY NiCE VW

By on Friday, January 15, 2010

"I have had my EOS for several months now and made a 2000 mile trip to Orlando FL from Springfield MO. It was very comfortable and averaged 33 mpg. I love the way it performs with the 6 speed auto w/sport shift. Everyone likes the way the top goes up and down and it doesn't leak at all even in the car wash. I had to wait for 3 days before picking up the car for a transmission recall that apparently was an issue with earlier models. As of now, I am very happy with the car and would purchase it again."

08 EOS - Fahrvergnügen!

By on Sunday, December 06, 2009

"Leased our EOS in March of 2008. Great Deal! We intend to purchase it at the end of the lease in March of 2011. The car is a wonderful 2 passenger sport/convertible car. Although it does have a back seat, like most "sport" cars, its pretty much useless for "normal" sized adults. Love the hard top and how it retracts and still provides room in the trunk for storage. Everything about it is great. Styling, comfort, handling. If you want a really fun, reliable and luxury sport convertible, EOS is a great choice. It is not as quiet as a regular hard-top car, but I really don't notice it. The car IS NOT built for really big individuals (if you are pushing 6' or and/or over 250 lbs, it will be a really tight fit). Like all VW's it is a more "stiff" feel and ride. Our model is the LUX, but we "bought off the lot" and it did not have the navigation system. The 2008 models also did not come with the integrated phone, but we had that installed in Dec 09 for $500. Love it! All in all, it was a great deal for a great personal luxury sport convertible."

Worst Vehicle Ever!

By on Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"Owned for 14 months and took to shop 9 times for electrical problems...top does not work properly, batteries are loosing charge so you get up and the car is dead as you are trying to go to work. This car has spent over 40 days in the shop and VW will not make right, or buy the car back, and promise everytime "this time it's fixed". The car has only 5552 miles on it. So much for the "Lemon Law". First and LAST VW I will ever buy."

Shock and Awe

By on Wednesday, August 05, 2009

"I eagerly bought my red 08 EOS with cream interior. I love the styling and comfort. I loved the push button retractable top. I even had people stop me and ask me to open the top for them. Really cool to watch top slide into trunk. Loved the hard top and large sunroof. THEN, my car started using oil. After my first oil change, the oil was totally out of my car and the car started making a terrible sound. Then after looking at my paperwork, a complete oil change was not done, only my oil topped off. VW said that the paperwork was incorrect and they did change my oil, but they just did not charge me for it or put it in the computer. RIGHT!! VW acted like it was nothing and got a technician on the line who said it was normal to use a half quart every 1000 miles. I kept going back and making them document that it was using oil. After about 5 trips, they wanted me to do an oil consumption testing, (which I asked them to do the first time), but they would not do. I was told that the problem was the 2.0T turbo engine, that maybe it had problems. I could not wait to get rid of my EOS even though I searched for the right car and thought it was it. No more VW's for me, sorry to say. My niece has the Passat with the same 20T with no trouble, but has had other electronic problems."

Fun, practical and comfortable

By on Wednesday, July 29, 2009

"This is a great car. It's that simple, really. The hard top convertible is brilliant, the ride suggests a much costlier vehicle, while the handling is exactly what a well engineered german car should have - nimble, expressive and solid response. The only criticism is that VW needs to get on board with updated technological gadget integration for ipods and phones; it is almost embarassing how old school it seems. Don't plan on packing more than a pair of underwear and a toothbrush if you are traveling - there isn't much space in the trunk, but heck if you wanted to travel with lots of stuff, buy a minivan."

Amazing car for the money

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"Picked up our EOS Komfort 2.0T in April '08 after looking at Porsches, MB and Mini. A true steel "hard top" convertible with plenty of comfort, power, handling, dependability, and insurance costs a lot less then the others we looked at. The car is a pleasure to drive and we have yet to get less then 30 MPG on average after 2908.0 miles. My friend is 6'4" and he had no problem getting in and out of the back seat with the top up !"

Underestimated!

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "Very Elegant, Sophisticated, Sporty and Fun"

Cons: "Wish there was a Back up Camera"

"This vehicle is one of the best cars I have ever owned. My family has always had high end performance sports cars and regular cars such as Porsche, BMW, Mercedes and even Volvo. When the economy took a hit we bought the VW Eos for practicality and fun while saving money compared to BMW and Mercedes. Our particular is very low mileage! We have had it since 2010 and just hit 21000 miles. Tires have been changed once for unusual wear. Im not sure if the particular type of Eos we have is unusually sporty or there are more like them, but ours is very sporty. It feels very high end. It is Black with Saddle, Fully loaded with Bi-Xenon Headlights with AFS. It has Pirelli Wheels and Dynaudio Stereo. It also has McPherson Strut suspension. As I stated, Im not sure if all VWs are this high end and sporty or because we bought the vehicle fully loaded, and that this is when Porsche Acquired VW in 2010. Fantastic car! We just purchased it off lease and plan to hold onto it for another 4 years. Im telling you this car really is unusually sporty and ELEGANT. I get a lot of looks at the light, and when it turns green im the first off the line with the Turbo engine."