• New Car Buyer's Guides
  • The 40+ MPG Cars of 2015

2012 Volkswagen Eos

Based on 162 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Finally got the car of my dreams!! :)

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, safe and handles well. Dynaudio!!"

Cons: "Little trunk space."

"I've had my eye on the EOS since 2006/2007 when VW announced them coming out. I had a 83 white Rabbit convertible as my first car in 1990 and then in 96 I bought a new white Cabrio Highline. Both were white with black tops. I had my cabrio for ten years and after 3 transmissions i decided to sell it and get a Toyota Matrix in 2006 as they are cheap and reliable. Not one problem with the Matrix and it's still in tip top shape, but I still missed my VW convertible and always have had my eye on the EOS. Finally gave in 2 weeks ago and bought a certified used 2008 white. So far so good and I hope she treats me good!!! Driving this car compared to my Matrix is a HUGE difference. Feels like luxury and handles wonderfully. I kind of wish I had just bought the Eos back in 2007 when they came out, but I probably wouldnt enjoy it as much. Plus i just bought the lux version and i wouldnt have been able to afford that new in 2007. Everything happens for a reason. The only thing I'll miss is the trunk space!!!! Love this car!! I only recommend people reading up on the convertible top because you have to maintain all the roof seals or it could get leaks. Vwvortex has some good maintenance tips."

It hates me...

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, cute and flirty"

Cons: "Something goes wrong every 3 months"

"I've had my cute little car for 3 years and I believe that it hates me....it'd rather spend it's time, top up, in the service bay at the dealership than out on the road with me. I hope it's just my car and not the entire fleet...."

a keeper!

By on Sunday, April 24, 2011

"I like German cars (have had Audi A4s and VW Passats) and always wanted the A4 Cabriolet, but wouldn't want to park a ragtop in the snow visiting family in Buffalo. I waited a year before buying a 2008 Eos (Lux- turbo 2.0L) in Nov. 2007. It's far and away my favorite car. Fun to drive, with sports mode when you want more control. Much better pickup than previous turbo 4s (including Audi) and handling is great. Beautiful interior, exceptionally comfortable front seats; rear seats a bit stiff but passengers have had no complaints on short trips. Mileage has been about 29 using premium fuel. (You're protecting the turbo, and it costs me maybe $150 more a year. Fine.) I like the styling better than the other 4-seaters. People are curious, since there aren't that many on the road, but have been complimentary--even after 3 1/2 years. (Don't like the tailgaters though) The hardtop goes down as soon as the temp reaches 60 degrees. Adequate room for groceries and luggage for 2. No mechanical or electrical issues, but I have had the occasional roof leak in the rain (a sign that a 'treatment' is needed). Regular maintenance needed/recommended. I usually change cars after 3 years; not this time. Hope to see all-wheel drive and a hybrid version in the future."

It's the dealer, not the car

By on Thursday, April 07, 2011

"Had my EOS for almsot 2 years of mostly trouble free driving. Air bag on pass. side failed a few months ago and dealer fixed it but well, it was broke again in 5 miles. Had to order a new one and took 5 weeks to get part. Oil change and tire rotation $92.00 and need an appointment. I change at 5 thousand miles so not free in between. Car rides and handles well for what it is which is a boulevard cruiser and a ton of fun. Have 15,000 miles and no rattles at all. Great gas mileage getting 35 around town and 34 on the road. Yeah, more around town. Keep it at 65 and get 37+ mpg but premium fuel. Only issue I have is the dealership who act as though they are doing you a favor taking your money and working on your car. Other car is an Acura MDX and pull in to dealership and think you were driving a Rolls Royce."

fast, fun and easy to drive

By on Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"The EOS is a unique auto, not only is it a convertible but it also is not as known for being a higher hp and torque sports car. I've owned this car for 2 years and if you don't watch out, you're way out in front of the pack of cars on the interstate. When your in the car, you simply want to keep going. Its so comfortable and allows you to feels secure as it has a tight suspension allowing one to manuever so easily."