2011 Volkswagen Eos

Based on 171 Ratings for the 2007 - 2016 models.

VERY NiCE VW

By on Friday, January 15, 2010

"I have had my EOS for several months now and made a 2000 mile trip to Orlando FL from Springfield MO. It was very comfortable and averaged 33 mpg. I love the way it performs with the 6 speed auto w/sport shift. Everyone likes the way the top goes up and down and it doesn't leak at all even in the car wash. I had to wait for 3 days before picking up the car for a transmission recall that apparently was an issue with earlier models. As of now, I am very happy with the car and would purchase it again."

08 EOS - Fahrvergnügen!

By on Sunday, December 06, 2009

"Leased our EOS in March of 2008. Great Deal! We intend to purchase it at the end of the lease in March of 2011. The car is a wonderful 2 passenger sport/convertible car. Although it does have a back seat, like most "sport" cars, its pretty much useless for "normal" sized adults. Love the hard top and how it retracts and still provides room in the trunk for storage. Everything about it is great. Styling, comfort, handling. If you want a really fun, reliable and luxury sport convertible, EOS is a great choice. It is not as quiet as a regular hard-top car, but I really don't notice it. The car IS NOT built for really big individuals (if you are pushing 6' or and/or over 250 lbs, it will be a really tight fit). Like all VW's it is a more "stiff" feel and ride. Our model is the LUX, but we "bought off the lot" and it did not have the navigation system. The 2008 models also did not come with the integrated phone, but we had that installed in Dec 09 for $500. Love it! All in all, it was a great deal for a great personal luxury sport convertible."

I LOVE THIS CAR!

By on Sunday, November 01, 2009

"This is perhaps the most fun I've ever had with a car. It's precise handling, the unbelievable zero to 60 speed (for a four cylinder car), the turning radius, the sexy style. I have only found two negative points regarding this car. One, for a fully equipped car, it amazes me that you MUST manually turn the headlights on and off. I can't believe they don't turn off if you forget to click them off. The other then, and this is odd for a convertible, is that when you have the top down, there is no way to lock your trunk (with other convertibles that I have owned, you are able to disable the truck lock switch in the door... which you cannot disable with this car). That leave you with NO secure storage space if you have your top down. This was a silly thing for VW to forget when making this car. Other than those two items, this is by far the best car I have ever owned. If VW fixes these two items, they will have created, in my opinion, the perfect car!""

Worst Vehicle Ever!

By on Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"Owned for 14 months and took to shop 9 times for electrical problems...top does not work properly, batteries are loosing charge so you get up and the car is dead as you are trying to go to work. This car has spent over 40 days in the shop and VW will not make right, or buy the car back, and promise everytime "this time it's fixed". The car has only 5552 miles on it. So much for the "Lemon Law". First and LAST VW I will ever buy."

Shock and Awe

By on Wednesday, August 05, 2009

"I eagerly bought my red 08 EOS with cream interior. I love the styling and comfort. I loved the push button retractable top. I even had people stop me and ask me to open the top for them. Really cool to watch top slide into trunk. Loved the hard top and large sunroof. THEN, my car started using oil. After my first oil change, the oil was totally out of my car and the car started making a terrible sound. Then after looking at my paperwork, a complete oil change was not done, only my oil topped off. VW said that the paperwork was incorrect and they did change my oil, but they just did not charge me for it or put it in the computer. RIGHT!! VW acted like it was nothing and got a technician on the line who said it was normal to use a half quart every 1000 miles. I kept going back and making them document that it was using oil. After about 5 trips, they wanted me to do an oil consumption testing, (which I asked them to do the first time), but they would not do. I was told that the problem was the 2.0T turbo engine, that maybe it had problems. I could not wait to get rid of my EOS even though I searched for the right car and thought it was it. No more VW's for me, sorry to say. My niece has the Passat with the same 20T with no trouble, but has had other electronic problems."