2011 Volkswagen Eos

Based on 146 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

A really sporty, peppy, fun car.

By on Thursday, August 04, 2011

Pros: "Best in class."

Cons: "Throttle brake interlock."

"2008 Lux model bought it new. Averages 30 MPG in mixed driving, using premium fuel. Fun to drive, comfortable to drive on long trips. Trouble free in 4 years of ownership. Two recalls and no major failures or loss of use. I love the top down driving and the sun roof for really short trips and errands. The six speed auto transmission is the smoothest shifting I have ever driven. For my part, overall well worth the money as there is little I would change."

Looking forward to a long relationship

By on Saturday, April 30, 2011

"Just bought the Eos Komfort having downsized from A Mountaineer. I love this car! It's well equipped at the base model. It's fun to drive, head turning and has way more pick up than I expected. I do wish there was more storage up front. The glove compartment is small and there's no storage between the seats. I'm making the pocket on the door work but it's definitely an adjustment coming from an SUV. On the upside, the trunk actually holds quite a bit, even with the top down. The sunroof is awesome!!! My favorite thing is telling people it's a convertible with a sunroof. Most people have no idea this car even exists. And, I've been in it about a week and have yet to see another one on the road and I really like that."

a keeper!

By on Sunday, April 24, 2011

"I like German cars (have had Audi A4s and VW Passats) and always wanted the A4 Cabriolet, but wouldn't want to park a ragtop in the snow visiting family in Buffalo. I waited a year before buying a 2008 Eos (Lux- turbo 2.0L) in Nov. 2007. It's far and away my favorite car. Fun to drive, with sports mode when you want more control. Much better pickup than previous turbo 4s (including Audi) and handling is great. Beautiful interior, exceptionally comfortable front seats; rear seats a bit stiff but passengers have had no complaints on short trips. Mileage has been about 29 using premium fuel. (You're protecting the turbo, and it costs me maybe $150 more a year. Fine.) I like the styling better than the other 4-seaters. People are curious, since there aren't that many on the road, but have been complimentary--even after 3 1/2 years. (Don't like the tailgaters though) The hardtop goes down as soon as the temp reaches 60 degrees. Adequate room for groceries and luggage for 2. No mechanical or electrical issues, but I have had the occasional roof leak in the rain (a sign that a 'treatment' is needed). Regular maintenance needed/recommended. I usually change cars after 3 years; not this time. Hope to see all-wheel drive and a hybrid version in the future."

It's the dealer, not the car

By on Thursday, April 07, 2011

"Had my EOS for almsot 2 years of mostly trouble free driving. Air bag on pass. side failed a few months ago and dealer fixed it but well, it was broke again in 5 miles. Had to order a new one and took 5 weeks to get part. Oil change and tire rotation $92.00 and need an appointment. I change at 5 thousand miles so not free in between. Car rides and handles well for what it is which is a boulevard cruiser and a ton of fun. Have 15,000 miles and no rattles at all. Great gas mileage getting 35 around town and 34 on the road. Yeah, more around town. Keep it at 65 and get 37+ mpg but premium fuel. Only issue I have is the dealership who act as though they are doing you a favor taking your money and working on your car. Other car is an Acura MDX and pull in to dealership and think you were driving a Rolls Royce."

Great, fun car

By on Monday, April 04, 2011

"I've owned my EOS for nearly a year. It is reliable, cute and fun to drive. The dealership and VW have also been very proactive about getting me informaiton about the car, maintenance, etc. I highly recommend the EOS!"

Cutiest girl car

By on Monday, March 28, 2011

"Fun, cute, and tough car! Take it out for a Sunday drive, load it with kids and their sports gear, take it campping, or a night on the town. You'll get all kinds of attention from everyone, anywhere. Would recommend this car to any girl!"

Excellent value

By on Saturday, March 05, 2011

"I purchased my 2009 Komfort 2.0 Turbo w/AT in March 2010. Now, in March 2011 it has only 1,300 miles on it because of it being strictly a weekend car. Perhaps the low mileage is not an adequate measure with which to judge the car but it has operated flawlessly and is a delight to drive. It turns heads when the top is down and I'm looking forward to another spring, summer and fall of operation. The other advantage is that it's really a 12-month car because of the hardtop rather than the ragtop. Most soft top convertibles are drafty and cold in winter. They say, "When the top goes down, the price goes up". Well, if you compare this to the comparable Mercedes, my car (delivered with tax, etc) at $32K is a real value at about $20K less than the Benz."

Lots Of Little Problems

By on Saturday, January 29, 2011

"I have a 2007 with very low miles and it has been in the shop for Convert top leaking, Convert top not operating properly, Passenger side seat warmer coming on when it should be off, sometimes when you push the open trunk button it pops open and before you can grab it to push it up it automatically closes on you. I realize the 2007 is the first year and may have more problems then most but I can't stand bringing it in to the dealer. They are very unhelpful and very slow. No customer service. This is why this is my first and last volkswagen."

Loving my VW EOS !

By on Tuesday, January 04, 2011

"The Hardtop is such a head turner everywhere i go to put my roof down it just awes me everytime!!! I never regretted buying my EOS and the white one is just perfect for its color!!! ;)"

DEFECTIVE DRG TRANSMISSION

By on Sunday, November 21, 2010

"I bought my EOS new in 2009 and at 1400 miles the transmission blew and was replaced under warranty with a previously defective unit VW calls refurbished. At 11,000 the transmission blew again and was replaced with a formerly defective unit again. I am a normal driver using the car to and from work and around town and am appalled that this DRG has failed twice in one year. Overall, the EOS is a fun car to drive and good value, but I think that anyone contemplaintg purchasing any car with the DRG transmission should not buy it. I think that the incidences of DSG transmission failures is vastly underreported since VW 'cheerully' replaces them and extends the warranty. I urge anyone who has had this problem to register transmission failure problems to the NHTSB as I have done so that the true extent is known. While these two failures cost me nothing, the aggravation, hassle and danger of having frequent transmission failure far out weighs the other good features of this car."

Disappointed

By on Tuesday, November 09, 2010

"We've had this car just over 2 years now. At first I loved it and would have given 5 stars, so it's lucky I've waited to review it. First the bad news. We've had some minor issues - cold weather windows not going down so if the door is opened you cannot get it to close completely because of the window; leaks in heavy rains on the driver side; making an annoying clicking noise when sitting still in traffic. There is also the maintenance costs - very expensive oil changes and even the wiper blades cost a bit more (and that is 3rd party not through the dealership). I'm thankful the car is still under warranty but am real concerned about the future and will hate to be making payments and paying for expensive repairs due to poor quality! The good news - it's fun during the summer. There is an "Aux" in the console you can use to hook up your music devices (I bought a cheap adapter for my iPhone instead of paying the dealer to install their iPod adapter). The fuel economy is decent. Other than that, it's your typical vehicle. In winter driving it's been okay, not outstanding but not terrible. The performance is a bit lack luster and you sometimes wish for a bit more power, especially pulling out into traffic. That being said, it does get moving and can give you a bit of fun driving. There were a few reviews that mentioned the transmission problem - we've just had that fixed as VW has sent out "recall" notices to have a part replaced. We have another car that is the main "family car" since the car seat is in it, although we have used the Eos at times for family outings. The back seats can be a bit tight depending on how much room is needed for the driver & front passenger. In conclusion, I still like the car but am just concerned about the quality and reliability. I just have a feeling that once the warranty runs out, things are going to get expensive! Being in Chicago where it can get a bit cold during the winters, I am concerned about the leaks and windows not shutting. Last year with my 1.5 yr old son in the back, the passenger window went back up prior to us closing the door and it wouldn't go back down, so we had to close the door best we could and drive with a small gap between window and car frame allowing the cold air into the car (while we were on the expressway). I kept trying to get the window to work on the way home (even pulling off to see if I could get it to work after the car warmed up) but it refused to budge. The dealership couldn't find anything wrong so we'll see how this winter goes."

Loving it

By on Thursday, September 23, 2010

"I love my car...I've had it since it was new...I used to have a Corvette but this turns heads even more than that car did!"

I love this car!

By on Sunday, September 05, 2010

"This is an extremely fun car to drive. I own the 2.0 turbo and it goes! I've looked at other hard top convertibles and although they would likely be fine, I love the choice of either putting the top down or just using the sunroof. I've not seen any others like it. Also, the car turns heads and that's fun! It's comfortable and reliable."

Fun, Fun, Fun

By on Tuesday, August 31, 2010

"I got the EOS in late 2009. It's been a great ride and we are at 12,000 miles. The car rides great and is fun. No issues at all. The convertible has been a blast, plus the sun roof. We get many compliments on the car. I bought the extended maintenance since we plan on keeping the car. Looked at the Volvo, Lexus but both back seats were smaller. Great car, great fun."

fast, fun and easy to drive

By on Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"The EOS is a unique auto, not only is it a convertible but it also is not as known for being a higher hp and torque sports car. I've owned this car for 2 years and if you don't watch out, you're way out in front of the pack of cars on the interstate. When your in the car, you simply want to keep going. Its so comfortable and allows you to feels secure as it has a tight suspension allowing one to manuever so easily."

By on Tuesday, August 17, 2010

By on Monday, July 26, 2010

By on Friday, July 23, 2010

I love my EOS

By on Thursday, July 15, 2010

"Great little car that works well in any weather. I have consistently gotten 21/31 in MPG. I had a door dent and the dent MD said VW's are the best made small car with better bracing and metal. It screams down the road and I bought it because it was both a convertible (my first), had a sunroof, and I love those heated seats and it is just cool looking. Took it to the OR coast recently with the top down for 1000 road miles and what fun !!"

By on Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Very satisfied

By on Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"Speedy, comfortable, stylish, technically innovative, the small trunk is offset by the luggage hatch for longer items. Some technical issues with door seal leak and air conditioner failure both dealt with by the VW dealer on thier nickle. Bought it for the wife and hijacked it for my use - great good looking car"

Eos

By on Friday, June 25, 2010

"I live in the midwest and wanted a year around driver. The car is phenomenal on bad roads. I'm getting 26 MPG city and 32 MPG hiway with decent performance. I looked at everything and there is no car in this price range that looks better or gives you more. I am very demanding and the car has met every expectation."

I LOVE MY EOS

By on Monday, June 14, 2010

"The car I wanted: A. A convertible B. w/back seat C. would winter well in the midwest D. reasonable gas mileage E. NOT a big engine F. CLASSY look"

By on Saturday, May 29, 2010

EOS IS A WIN!

By on Thursday, April 29, 2010

"If you are looking for the best 4 seater Hard top covertible that holds it's value than look no further! I moved to the beach and wanted a convertible but with kids I needed some extra room. Even with the hardtop down it fits two medium size suitcases in the trunk. All the other competitor cars are either gas guzzlers or overpriced (or lacking style - BWM). The EOS is nimble on the road, looks better than the other hardtops, and with the 2.0 engine option is very quick without sacrificing your gas budget. I average 30 mpg but I travel highways a lot. Already racked up 74,000 miles with no problems at all. There is potential for water leaking around the hardtop seals but you should discover this under the warranty and they can fix it on VW's dime. A great car for the money and I just looked at the value based on my 2007 with 74,000 and it's still holding over $20K in excellent condition retail."

See if you qualify for