2010 Volkswagen Eos

Based on 173 Ratings for the 2007 - 2016 models.

Shock and Awe

By on Wednesday, August 5, 2009

"I eagerly bought my red 08 EOS with cream interior. I love the styling and comfort. I loved the push button retractable top. I even had people stop me and ask me to open the top for them. Really cool to watch top slide into trunk. Loved the hard top and large sunroof. THEN, my car started using oil. After my first oil change, the oil was totally out of my car and the car started making a terrible sound. Then after looking at my paperwork, a complete oil change was not done, only my oil topped off. VW said that the paperwork was incorrect and they did change my oil, but they just did not charge me for it or put it in the computer. RIGHT!! VW acted like it was nothing and got a technician on the line who said it was normal to use a half quart every 1000 miles. I kept going back and making them document that it was using oil. After about 5 trips, they wanted me to do an oil consumption testing, (which I asked them to do the first time), but they would not do. I was told that the problem was the 2.0T turbo engine, that maybe it had problems. I could not wait to get rid of my EOS even though I searched for the right car and thought it was it. No more VW's for me, sorry to say. My niece has the Passat with the same 20T with no trouble, but has had other electronic problems."

Fun, practical and comfortable

By on Wednesday, July 29, 2009

"This is a great car. It's that simple, really. The hard top convertible is brilliant, the ride suggests a much costlier vehicle, while the handling is exactly what a well engineered german car should have - nimble, expressive and solid response. The only criticism is that VW needs to get on board with updated technological gadget integration for ipods and phones; it is almost embarassing how old school it seems. Don't plan on packing more than a pair of underwear and a toothbrush if you are traveling - there isn't much space in the trunk, but heck if you wanted to travel with lots of stuff, buy a minivan."

Amazing car for the money

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"Picked up our EOS Komfort 2.0T in April '08 after looking at Porsches, MB and Mini. A true steel "hard top" convertible with plenty of comfort, power, handling, dependability, and insurance costs a lot less then the others we looked at. The car is a pleasure to drive and we have yet to get less then 30 MPG on average after 2908.0 miles. My friend is 6'4" and he had no problem getting in and out of the back seat with the top up !"

I love it!

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

"It is my favorite car that I have owned- if not including the spitfire my husband built for me."

Great car - room for 4 in a convertible!

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive!"

Cons: "Back seat too small for long trips."

"Have enjoyed this car immensely! Time to move on though! If I could keep it for weekends and have something else to drive all the time, I would!"