2010 Volkswagen Eos

8.4

Based on 138 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Loving my VW EOS !

By on Tuesday, January 04, 2011

"The Hardtop is such a head turner everywhere i go to put my roof down it just awes me everytime!!! I never regretted buying my EOS and the white one is just perfect for its color!!! ;)"

DEFECTIVE DRG TRANSMISSION

By on Sunday, November 21, 2010

"I bought my EOS new in 2009 and at 1400 miles the transmission blew and was replaced under warranty with a previously defective unit VW calls refurbished. At 11,000 the transmission blew again and was replaced with a formerly defective unit again. I am a normal driver using the car to and from work and around town and am appalled that this DRG has failed twice in one year. Overall, the EOS is a fun car to drive and good value, but I think that anyone contemplaintg purchasing any car with the DRG transmission should not buy it. I think that the incidences of DSG transmission failures is vastly underreported since VW 'cheerully' replaces them and extends the warranty. I urge anyone who has had this problem to register transmission failure problems to the NHTSB as I have done so that the true extent is known. While these two failures cost me nothing, the aggravation, hassle and danger of having frequent transmission failure far out weighs the other good features of this car."

Disappointed

By on Tuesday, November 09, 2010

"We've had this car just over 2 years now. At first I loved it and would have given 5 stars, so it's lucky I've waited to review it. First the bad news. We've had some minor issues - cold weather windows not going down so if the door is opened you cannot get it to close completely because of the window; leaks in heavy rains on the driver side; making an annoying clicking noise when sitting still in traffic. There is also the maintenance costs - very expensive oil changes and even the wiper blades cost a bit more (and that is 3rd party not through the dealership). I'm thankful the car is still under warranty but am real concerned about the future and will hate to be making payments and paying for expensive repairs due to poor quality! The good news - it's fun during the summer. There is an "Aux" in the console you can use to hook up your music devices (I bought a cheap adapter for my iPhone instead of paying the dealer to install their iPod adapter). The fuel economy is decent. Other than that, it's your typical vehicle. In winter driving it's been okay, not outstanding but not terrible. The performance is a bit lack luster and you sometimes wish for a bit more power, especially pulling out into traffic. That being said, it does get moving and can give you a bit of fun driving. There were a few reviews that mentioned the transmission problem - we've just had that fixed as VW has sent out "recall" notices to have a part replaced. We have another car that is the main "family car" since the car seat is in it, although we have used the Eos at times for family outings. The back seats can be a bit tight depending on how much room is needed for the driver & front passenger. In conclusion, I still like the car but am just concerned about the quality and reliability. I just have a feeling that once the warranty runs out, things are going to get expensive! Being in Chicago where it can get a bit cold during the winters, I am concerned about the leaks and windows not shutting. Last year with my 1.5 yr old son in the back, the passenger window went back up prior to us closing the door and it wouldn't go back down, so we had to close the door best we could and drive with a small gap between window and car frame allowing the cold air into the car (while we were on the expressway). I kept trying to get the window to work on the way home (even pulling off to see if I could get it to work after the car warmed up) but it refused to budge. The dealership couldn't find anything wrong so we'll see how this winter goes."

Loving it

By on Thursday, September 23, 2010

"I love my car...I've had it since it was new...I used to have a Corvette but this turns heads even more than that car did!"

I love this car!

By on Sunday, September 05, 2010

"This is an extremely fun car to drive. I own the 2.0 turbo and it goes! I've looked at other hard top convertibles and although they would likely be fine, I love the choice of either putting the top down or just using the sunroof. I've not seen any others like it. Also, the car turns heads and that's fun! It's comfortable and reliable."

Fun, Fun, Fun

By on Tuesday, August 31, 2010

"I got the EOS in late 2009. It's been a great ride and we are at 12,000 miles. The car rides great and is fun. No issues at all. The convertible has been a blast, plus the sun roof. We get many compliments on the car. I bought the extended maintenance since we plan on keeping the car. Looked at the Volvo, Lexus but both back seats were smaller. Great car, great fun."

fast, fun and easy to drive

By on Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"The EOS is a unique auto, not only is it a convertible but it also is not as known for being a higher hp and torque sports car. I've owned this car for 2 years and if you don't watch out, you're way out in front of the pack of cars on the interstate. When your in the car, you simply want to keep going. Its so comfortable and allows you to feels secure as it has a tight suspension allowing one to manuever so easily."

By on Tuesday, August 17, 2010

By on Monday, July 26, 2010

By on Friday, July 23, 2010

I love my EOS

By on Thursday, July 15, 2010

"Great little car that works well in any weather. I have consistently gotten 21/31 in MPG. I had a door dent and the dent MD said VW's are the best made small car with better bracing and metal. It screams down the road and I bought it because it was both a convertible (my first), had a sunroof, and I love those heated seats and it is just cool looking. Took it to the OR coast recently with the top down for 1000 road miles and what fun !!"

By on Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Very satisfied

By on Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"Speedy, comfortable, stylish, technically innovative, the small trunk is offset by the luggage hatch for longer items. Some technical issues with door seal leak and air conditioner failure both dealt with by the VW dealer on thier nickle. Bought it for the wife and hijacked it for my use - great good looking car"

Eos

By on Friday, June 25, 2010

"I live in the midwest and wanted a year around driver. The car is phenomenal on bad roads. I'm getting 26 MPG city and 32 MPG hiway with decent performance. I looked at everything and there is no car in this price range that looks better or gives you more. I am very demanding and the car has met every expectation."

I LOVE MY EOS

By on Monday, June 14, 2010

"The car I wanted: A. A convertible B. w/back seat C. would winter well in the midwest D. reasonable gas mileage E. NOT a big engine F. CLASSY look"

By on Saturday, May 29, 2010

EOS IS A WIN!

By on Thursday, April 29, 2010

"If you are looking for the best 4 seater Hard top covertible that holds it's value than look no further! I moved to the beach and wanted a convertible but with kids I needed some extra room. Even with the hardtop down it fits two medium size suitcases in the trunk. All the other competitor cars are either gas guzzlers or overpriced (or lacking style - BWM). The EOS is nimble on the road, looks better than the other hardtops, and with the 2.0 engine option is very quick without sacrificing your gas budget. I average 30 mpg but I travel highways a lot. Already racked up 74,000 miles with no problems at all. There is potential for water leaking around the hardtop seals but you should discover this under the warranty and they can fix it on VW's dime. A great car for the money and I just looked at the value based on my 2007 with 74,000 and it's still holding over $20K in excellent condition retail."

By on Saturday, April 24, 2010

"Love love love this car. Never have had any problems whatsoever. It's peppy and handles well. Glad I chose it over the Volvo convertible at the time."

End of 2nd year

By on Tuesday, April 13, 2010

"We provided a review in March 09 after 1 year with the 2008 Komfort EOS. It had major problems in the first year (transmission, cooling system, electrical, etc - read review), but all has been well since that time and after all the fixes. Car now has 20,000 miles and it is still fun to drive. Seems like owners who get problem cars have to deal with serious issues while others don't have any problems early on. We are wary of post 50,000 mile issues should we decide to keep the car after 2011"

VALUE

By on Friday, April 09, 2010

"I was torn between the Mercedes XLK, and the Volvo, but the VW Eos gave me everything they had and more for $10,000 less. More room in the back, Included Wind Screen and screen built into the windshild top. Plus the ability to us the sun roof. Peppy, responsive, FUN TO DRIVE!!"

Fun, cute ride

By on Monday, March 22, 2010

"I've had this car for just about 2 years now and the two main issues I've had are: the dripping/leaking on both driver and passenger side where the seams should seal - it's been "fixed" twice and still leaks; the other issue is that the convertible top sticks! Not every time, but often enough to be a pain. That issue has also been "fixed" at least once and it still happens. Those seem like the 2 biggest issues I've seen that most people have. Outside of those, it's a super fun, cute car to drive. The sunroof option is nice, but as others have noted, it's quite noisy. Trunk space is fine for me - I can fit all my groceries in it w/the luggage rack open. The interior is nothing special, standard VW - All in all, it's a decent car; I'll be switching to a non-convertible when this lease is up, though..."

Fun Car

By on Friday, February 05, 2010

"The Eos is a fun, peppy car. The sunroof extends the entire width of the roof but is noisy when driving. The convertible folds nicely into the trunk with more room than my former Saab, but still not a ton of room. One persistant problem has been a dripping leak where the roof meets the window which I believe shorted out the auto window. I also feel that for this amount of money, the interior should be much better. Finally, there is virtually no room for passengers in the back seat. But overall, a fun car."

By on Saturday, January 16, 2010

VERY NiCE VW

By on Friday, January 15, 2010

"I have had my EOS for several months now and made a 2000 mile trip to Orlando FL from Springfield MO. It was very comfortable and averaged 33 mpg. I love the way it performs with the 6 speed auto w/sport shift. Everyone likes the way the top goes up and down and it doesn't leak at all even in the car wash. I had to wait for 3 days before picking up the car for a transmission recall that apparently was an issue with earlier models. As of now, I am very happy with the car and would purchase it again."

By on Thursday, December 10, 2009