2009 Volkswagen Eos

Based on 174 Ratings for the 2007 - 2016 models.

Love it

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pros: "Great handling. Responsive. Solid feel."

Cons: "Few cup holders. Little interior storage."

"Great handling. Responsive. Great pickup. Solid feel. Awesome hard top convertible allows 30 second convert so there is never any weather concerns. Stylish body. Best value for the money. Has been very reliable thus far. Could use more cup holders and has very little interior storage with a small glove box. When I get another car it will just be a newer model of this exact same car. Love it."

Eos

By on Friday, June 25, 2010

"I live in the midwest and wanted a year around driver. The car is phenomenal on bad roads. I'm getting 26 MPG city and 32 MPG hiway with decent performance. I looked at everything and there is no car in this price range that looks better or gives you more. I am very demanding and the car has met every expectation."

Fun to drive, quick off the line and looks great

By on Monday, June 20, 2016

Pros: "great mph, fun to drive"

Cons: "small back seat"

"Owned this car the last 4 and a half years. So much fun to drive. The paint job was great on this car. It still is super shiny after 9 years. The Techtronic shifter paddles and the shifter handle just add to the fun. Gets great MPG, 30 or more on the highway as long as you don't jump on it too hard."

Perfect for NE

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, sexy, hardtop covertible"

Cons: "Struggles in blizzards (its not an SUV)"

"I absolutely love my car. Its great for all seasons. Granted, when we have our New England winters it can be slick, but given this winter has been so mild and beautiful I couldn't be happier with my car. Love it. It has a small back seat so if you regularly have multiple passengers I'm told its tight back there. But for you and a passenger its just right. Heated seats are fantastic in morning. When it's really cold, (I mean teens all week) the windows can get frozen and then you cannot open the car door because they must release about a centimeter to open the car door safely. My solution is if you bought an automatic car starter and put your defrosters on the night before you would be good to go in the morning!"

My second one

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "Hard top convertible with a sunroof....absolutely"

Cons: "Luggage compartment w/the top down is small"

"I had a 2008 EOS which was a lease. When the lease was up in Aug 2011, I had to have another. So this time I'm buying it. Love this car."

I love my EOS

By on Thursday, July 15, 2010

"Great little car that works well in any weather. I have consistently gotten 21/31 in MPG. I had a door dent and the dent MD said VW's are the best made small car with better bracing and metal. It screams down the road and I bought it because it was both a convertible (my first), had a sunroof, and I love those heated seats and it is just cool looking. Took it to the OR coast recently with the top down for 1000 road miles and what fun !!"

EOS IS A WIN!

By on Thursday, April 29, 2010

"If you are looking for the best 4 seater Hard top covertible that holds it's value than look no further! I moved to the beach and wanted a convertible but with kids I needed some extra room. Even with the hardtop down it fits two medium size suitcases in the trunk. All the other competitor cars are either gas guzzlers or overpriced (or lacking style - BWM). The EOS is nimble on the road, looks better than the other hardtops, and with the 2.0 engine option is very quick without sacrificing your gas budget. I average 30 mpg but I travel highways a lot. Already racked up 74,000 miles with no problems at all. There is potential for water leaking around the hardtop seals but you should discover this under the warranty and they can fix it on VW's dime. A great car for the money and I just looked at the value based on my 2007 with 74,000 and it's still holding over $20K in excellent condition retail."

Fun Car

By on Friday, February 5, 2010

"The Eos is a fun, peppy car. The sunroof extends the entire width of the roof but is noisy when driving. The convertible folds nicely into the trunk with more room than my former Saab, but still not a ton of room. One persistant problem has been a dripping leak where the roof meets the window which I believe shorted out the auto window. I also feel that for this amount of money, the interior should be much better. Finally, there is virtually no room for passengers in the back seat. But overall, a fun car."

VERY NiCE VW

By on Friday, January 15, 2010

"I have had my EOS for several months now and made a 2000 mile trip to Orlando FL from Springfield MO. It was very comfortable and averaged 33 mpg. I love the way it performs with the 6 speed auto w/sport shift. Everyone likes the way the top goes up and down and it doesn't leak at all even in the car wash. I had to wait for 3 days before picking up the car for a transmission recall that apparently was an issue with earlier models. As of now, I am very happy with the car and would purchase it again."

simply beautiful

By on Saturday, December 29, 2007

"Well designed, comfortable, reliable. Good value for money compared to other hard tops. A head-turner."