• New Car Buyer's Guides
  • The 40+ MPG Cars of 2015

2009 Volkswagen Eos

Based on 156 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Love My Little Red Convertable!

By on Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Pros: "Fun, Good Looks, Comfortable on long trips."

Cons: "Needs more chrome like my 2009 EOS"

"This is my second EOS. Owned a 2009 white with Gray Interior. Traded it for a 2013 because I needed the bluetooth and was afraid they would stop making them. No Problems No roof problems love the drive, love the manual shift option. SO much fun! Heats up fast in the winter. I live in Michigan, with the front wheel drive I can drive it all winter!. The windscreen serves me as an inside trunk when the top is down. I can fit a whole lot of groceries under this! Great Gas Milage! Does take premium gas but its a turbo!! How you not like a little red convertable with light tan seats and a sunroof!"

Interesting Roof design, Turbo lag is a problem

By on Monday, February 09, 2015

I don't own this car

Pros: "Trim level nice, roof design, responsive, quiet"

Cons: "lag in turbo performance, roof maintenance"

"Tested the Komfort model of this vehicle (VW Eos, 2015). The roof is interesting because of the many configurations you can use (from convertible -> fully closed and several in between including the (somewhat hard to pop-up) front air dam, rear air deflector. Found the cabin very quiet both ways (convertible plus air dams or top fully up and sealed). The engine was quiet and responsive (did notice a change in engine speed fron Neutral to forward gears which stutters the car forward unexpectedly. Turning radius is quite good! Turbo lags strongly to engage after 1.5 sec @45MPH. This was the no-go item for me."

Completely satisfied after two months

By on Saturday, January 31, 2015

Pros: "Incredible value; fun to drive"

Cons: "Where to put my golf clubs - Passenger Seat?"

"Bought a silver 2010 with 65K on it. I would have not been surprised if there had been some glitch on a hardtop convertible 4 years old. But, there has been none anywhere on the whole car after 5K! This is such a solid car throughout. The transmission is the smoothest I've ever felt. I'm scratching my head wondering why they are stopping production this year, especially considering that convertibles are coming back. My last fun car was a Boxster; not drivable in the winter. Not the EOS. Very pleasantly surprised how it handles in the snow."

Convertible hardtop with sunroof -- terrific!

By on Saturday, December 06, 2014

"VW EOS remains the only hardtop convertible with sunroof on the market. These features are unique and make the car a perfect choice for all four seasons. In winter, you benefit from the moonroof effect -- not claustrophobic like the traditional black ragtop. In spring and fall, use the sunroof. And in summer, the convertible effect. Excellent 2.0 turbo engine -- very quick and responsive. Superb DSG dual clutch automatic -- absolutely the best in the business. This VW transmission is far superior to any other in the marketplace. Pricing is a little rich but again the product is one of a kind."

One of the best vehicles

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "no blind side mirror warning system"

"Very pleased with dealership"