2009 Volkswagen Eos

Based on 146 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Great Car Except for the Oil you need in the trunk

By on Monday, June 11, 2012

Pros: "hard top convertible that is fun to drive"

Cons: "oil burning"

"I love my car and even after almost 5 years it still turns heads when I take the roof down. The issue with this car that little that it burns oil. With the full synthetic 5W40 oil (only 2 brands made that meet VW standards in US), the owner's manual states oil changes at 5 to 10K miles. My car will burn through about 2 to 3 quarts of oil every 5K. This started happening about year 2 of ownership. The dealer did tests and said the car was not burning too much oil. Reading the other sites, many other owners with cars a few years old have this same problem. If you do not mind having a few quarts of oil in your trunk at all times, it is a great car."

One Great Car

By on Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pros: "Great all around car! Never a problem or concern"

Cons: "Premium Gas"

My Buddy At The Beach!

"I have had this car since new and have taken it on several trips to Florida, Atlanta, Chicago, Milwaukee, Toronto, New York. It is my daily driver and love this car in Winter, Spring, SUMMER"

My Buddy At The Beach!

very good

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pros: "does many things well"

Cons: "does not excell"

"adequate acceleration and handling"

Great around town car

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Sunroof"

Cons: "Wheels spin, expensive, premium gas..."

"At first I really liked my car and thought i just needed get used to it. After over a year the speed doesn't stay constant (even with cruise control) and its impossible to keep straight. The weight of the car isn't heavy enough for it's power so the wheels spin out constanty. As a little around town car I'm sure it would be great, but for car trips over two hours it's a pain. BUT The convertible down is GREAT, the heated seats are fantastic, it has an amazing sound system, and the sun roof is giant!"

AWESOME CAR!!!!!!!!!!!

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

Pros: "Wickedly FUN FUN FUN"

Cons: "Blind spot/rear"

"this car is FAST! (for a lit'le car). Blimey I have had this car for 5 years and it is so reliable...Only thing bad is it has a blind spot to rear. Other than that I love this car."

Great design, performance

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pros: "Great drive"

Cons: "Suspension is a bit soft for the powerful turbo"

"Great appearance"

Perfect for NE

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, sexy, hardtop covertible"

Cons: "Struggles in blizzards (its not an SUV)"

"I absolutely love my car. Its great for all seasons. Granted, when we have our New England winters it can be slick, but given this winter has been so mild and beautiful I couldn't be happier with my car. Love it. It has a small back seat so if you regularly have multiple passengers I'm told its tight back there. But for you and a passenger its just right. Heated seats are fantastic in morning. When it's really cold, (I mean teens all week) the windows can get frozen and then you cannot open the car door because they must release about a centimeter to open the car door safely. My solution is if you bought an automatic car starter and put your defrosters on the night before you would be good to go in the morning!"

Super fun to drive, kids love it (and fit in it)

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Super fun in every way"

"Speedy little thing for a 4 cylinder, beautiful mechanics operating the roof smoothly, excellent options for just how much air you want (full fledged top down convertible wind in your hair - with windows up and wind breaker in back, convertible without having to redo your hair - just windows and huge sky roof - or close it all up and use the AC or heat). It handles really well and even has a sport mode for extra pep. I love this car. The kids love it, "the fun transformer car." Gas mileage is phenomenal, I get about 30mpg back and forth to work and easily get above 35 if I do highway driving (having the top up might help that mileage). Only negative - cornsilk beige interior is really off white and not the best choice for basketballs, kids shoes, etc"

I love it!

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

"It is my favorite car that I have owned- if not including the spitfire my husband built for me."

Great car - room for 4 in a convertible!

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive!"

Cons: "Back seat too small for long trips."

"Have enjoyed this car immensely! Time to move on though! If I could keep it for weekends and have something else to drive all the time, I would!"

I love this car

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

"I've driven this since Nov. 2007 and I've loved every minute of it. The hard top convertible is fantastic. I worried when I bought it that the mechanics might fail since I live in the Northeast. But...I've never had an issue. The only negative is that sometimes the top of the windows leak when I take it through a car wash. Never when it rains...only in the carwash. Sometimes the windows don't go all the way back up when I open the doors. No big deal...I love this car."

Wonderful car

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

"Adore the car and have had no repairs. Probably the best car I have had"

This is my perfect car.

By on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive. Top up or down in 20 seconds."

Cons: "Small trunk."

"This hard top convertible is magnificient. I live in Illinois. The hard top provides a solid seal against winter weather and year around rain. The back seat is small but big enough for my grand daughter's safety. Gas mileage is about 22-25. Top goes up or down in 20 seconds. (I've timed it). That means I can drive to the mall with the top down, put it up in the parking lot, and down again to return home...conveniently. Trunk is small, especially with the top down so this is not a car for someone who needs a lot of trunk space. I'm a second owner for this 2008. Only problem was a bad sensor in the seat belt clip that had to be replaced. Tire pressure requirements are different in the summer/winter. The light comes on when tire pressure needs to be adjusted. The car is perfect for me. Wish the price tag was lower."

Awsome Car!!

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "Engine, Appearence, Reliability."

Cons: "Gas mileage not at top end."

"Love the ride!! Very Sporty Car!! I have owned it now for over a year and I have put ground effects on it and put a stripe down the side. The 3.2 V6 is very powerful and when you have to pull out into traffic it gives a nice growl when taking off. I have enjoyed it since I bought it. Love the fact of Coupe, Sunroof, or Convertible option."

My video

My 2007 Volkswagen Eos 3.2

My second one

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "Hard top convertible with a sunroof....absolutely"

Cons: "Luggage compartment w/the top down is small"

"I had a 2008 EOS which was a lease. When the lease was up in Aug 2011, I had to have another. So this time I'm buying it. Love this car."

I love this car!

By on Monday, January 09, 2012

Pros: "Beautiful car and easy to drive. Fuel efficient."

Cons: "Needs interfaced garage door opener."

"This is the most comfortable car I've ever driven. It handles well and I could watch the top fold into the trunk a thousand times and still be amazed."

Finally got the car of my dreams!! :)

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, safe and handles well. Dynaudio!!"

Cons: "Little trunk space."

"I've had my eye on the EOS since 2006/2007 when VW announced them coming out. I had a 83 white Rabbit convertible as my first car in 1990 and then in 96 I bought a new white Cabrio Highline. Both were white with black tops. I had my cabrio for ten years and after 3 transmissions i decided to sell it and get a Toyota Matrix in 2006 as they are cheap and reliable. Not one problem with the Matrix and it's still in tip top shape, but I still missed my VW convertible and always have had my eye on the EOS. Finally gave in 2 weeks ago and bought a certified used 2008 white. So far so good and I hope she treats me good!!! Driving this car compared to my Matrix is a HUGE difference. Feels like luxury and handles wonderfully. I kind of wish I had just bought the Eos back in 2007 when they came out, but I probably wouldnt enjoy it as much. Plus i just bought the lux version and i wouldnt have been able to afford that new in 2007. Everything happens for a reason. The only thing I'll miss is the trunk space!!!! Love this car!! I only recommend people reading up on the convertible top because you have to maintain all the roof seals or it could get leaks. Vwvortex has some good maintenance tips."

Best of cars/worst of cars

By on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pros: "great to drive"

Cons: "don't even THINK of not garaging it."

"It leaks. We call it the water rat. And even after we spent $$$ to repair the seals, the residual water condenses on the inside of the windows. So now that it's cold, I have frost on the INSIDE and outside of the windshield. Great highway car, but needs to be garaged. Too fussy for me."

Don't buy a VW

By on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive if no problems"

Cons: "lots of problems-not easily fixed"

"I bought the 2008 Lux Eos. I enjoyed driving my car for about three years until I started having rook leaking issues. At that time I started to deal with the dealer on a consistent basis and have never have such poor service with a car company before. I brought in my car a total of 4 times and i still had issues with leaking after that. I couldnt believe a 3 year old car would be so difficult for the dealer to fix. Additionally their corporate representatives were miserable to work with. They were not courteous or willing to help beyond telling me to continually bring my car back to the dealer. Its unfortunate that I spent so much on a vehicle and was treated so poorly. I had heard bad things about VWs in the past. I thought I would take chance. I DO NOT RECOMMEND BUYING A VW."

German engineering at its' best!

By on Monday, December 05, 2011

"I watched this car from the time it was a concept vehicle. I knew then that I wanted to own one. I himmed and hawwed when I got closer to the time I wanted to buy one. Finally, in 2007, it was announced the option packages would change and the sport package would be eliminated, which actually is higher than the luxury package. I bought mine then, in the color I wanted. I have only had routine maintenance done on this Eos as was the case with the '97 Cabrio I owned before that. Batteries, tires, brakes have all been replaced and other than the smelly problem with the air conditioning that was corrected 3 years ago, there's never been a problem. It is a joy to drive, handles great and I love it. I'm thinking about trading only because I started playing golf 2 months after buying it and golf clubs are a pain the behind to get into the car. Back seat really isn't an option so you have to remove the longest clubs to get them in the trunk, then put the clubs in. The front seat is also a choice but then that's not the best solution."

BEST CAR IEVER OWNED!10 OUT OF 10.

By on Friday, December 02, 2011

Cons: "NONE!!!!"

"LOVED IT SO MUCH I AM BUYING A NEW LUX MODEL 2012 EOS. COMFORT 10 HANDLING 10 EXCELLERATION 10 SMOOTH 10 ATTENTION GETTER 10"

Great idea.

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "Fun, GREAT GAS MILAGE! Turbo!"

Cons: "Few cup holders Small baskseat, Carseats DO NO FIT"

"I currently own A VW EOS, I have had it for almost a year. I lived in Portland Oregon for a majority of the time and was looking for a convertible I could use once we moved to a warmer climate. After a crime spree in the area I was nervous to get a convertible due to cut ins in the top. This was the perfect fit for what I needed. PROS: This is an amazing car. Drives great. Love the Turbo. And when the top is down the stereo is amazing. Looks pretty cool putting the top down. Transformer... Fantastic gas milage CONS: like all convertibles small back seat. Cannot fit a carseat properly. And after driving from Portland to Phoenix I will never sit in the back seat again... not meant for long drives with passengers in the back seat."

I love this car!

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive great price"

"I love this car!"

Love, Love this car.

By on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

"It hyas an excellent smooth drive. Very comfortable seats. Size is just perfect to find a parking spot in NYC."

It hates me...

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, cute and flirty"

Cons: "Something goes wrong every 3 months"

"I've had my cute little car for 3 years and I believe that it hates me....it'd rather spend it's time, top up, in the service bay at the dealership than out on the road with me. I hope it's just my car and not the entire fleet...."

See if you qualify for