• New Car Buyer's Guides
  • The 40+ MPG Cars of 2015

2009 Volkswagen Eos

Based on 162 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Love the car, hate the maintenance

By on Wednesday, February 04, 2009

"I love my 2007 EOS. It is the most fun to drive car I have ever owned. I found out it uses oil like mad! From what I understand it is a common problem in 2.0L VW engines. VW says it is acceptable to burn 1 quart of oil per 1000 miles of driving. That is excessive to me. But, nonetheless, I still love the car!!!! Unfortunately I have to carry oil in the trunk. I stilll recommend it, but caution buyers to check their oil regularly."

2013 Eos Executive

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "hard top plus sunroof plus convertible all in one"

Cons: "somewhat generic looking with top up."

"I just bought this car a few days ago. It's a blast to drive and has many wonderful options. It's got great pickup and gas mileage. With the top up, from the outside it looks pretty much like your run-of-the-mill coupe. But when the top comes down (and it looks like a transformer when you operate the top)it becomes much more elegant looking. This is a great option for those who want a convertible yet also live in a cold climate where in the winter, a convertible is not practical. This is the best of both worlds. Can hardly wait til the summer to really have fun in this car."

Love my eos

By on Saturday, February 02, 2008

"Got my car August 2006, I have been through 2 new england winters, and a beautiful summer. I love this car. no complaints"

Buy It

By on Thursday, January 10, 2008

"Good styling, good economy, good performance. Trunk space and rear seat cramped but to be expected in a compact coupe. I have the 2008, LUX model and was dissappointed that it didn't have Homelink or that Bluetooth wasn't offered without the Nav system like in other cars in its price range"

DEFECTIVE DRG TRANSMISSION

By on Sunday, November 21, 2010

"I bought my EOS new in 2009 and at 1400 miles the transmission blew and was replaced under warranty with a previously defective unit VW calls refurbished. At 11,000 the transmission blew again and was replaced with a formerly defective unit again. I am a normal driver using the car to and from work and around town and am appalled that this DRG has failed twice in one year. Overall, the EOS is a fun car to drive and good value, but I think that anyone contemplaintg purchasing any car with the DRG transmission should not buy it. I think that the incidences of DSG transmission failures is vastly underreported since VW 'cheerully' replaces them and extends the warranty. I urge anyone who has had this problem to register transmission failure problems to the NHTSB as I have done so that the true extent is known. While these two failures cost me nothing, the aggravation, hassle and danger of having frequent transmission failure far out weighs the other good features of this car."