2008 Volkswagen Eos

Based on 166 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Love the car, hate the maintenance

By on Wednesday, February 04, 2009

"I love my 2007 EOS. It is the most fun to drive car I have ever owned. I found out it uses oil like mad! From what I understand it is a common problem in 2.0L VW engines. VW says it is acceptable to burn 1 quart of oil per 1000 miles of driving. That is excessive to me. But, nonetheless, I still love the car!!!! Unfortunately I have to carry oil in the trunk. I stilll recommend it, but caution buyers to check their oil regularly."

Love it

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pros: "Great handling. Responsive. Solid feel."

Cons: "Few cup holders. Little interior storage."

"Great handling. Responsive. Great pickup. Solid feel. Awesome hard top convertible allows 30 second convert so there is never any weather concerns. Stylish body. Best value for the money. Has been very reliable thus far. Could use more cup holders and has very little interior storage with a small glove box. When I get another car it will just be a newer model of this exact same car. Love it."

Finally got the car of my dreams!! :)

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, safe and handles well. Dynaudio!!"

Cons: "Little trunk space."

"I've had my eye on the EOS since 2006/2007 when VW announced them coming out. I had a 83 white Rabbit convertible as my first car in 1990 and then in 96 I bought a new white Cabrio Highline. Both were white with black tops. I had my cabrio for ten years and after 3 transmissions i decided to sell it and get a Toyota Matrix in 2006 as they are cheap and reliable. Not one problem with the Matrix and it's still in tip top shape, but I still missed my VW convertible and always have had my eye on the EOS. Finally gave in 2 weeks ago and bought a certified used 2008 white. So far so good and I hope she treats me good!!! Driving this car compared to my Matrix is a HUGE difference. Feels like luxury and handles wonderfully. I kind of wish I had just bought the Eos back in 2007 when they came out, but I probably wouldnt enjoy it as much. Plus i just bought the lux version and i wouldnt have been able to afford that new in 2007. Everything happens for a reason. The only thing I'll miss is the trunk space!!!! Love this car!! I only recommend people reading up on the convertible top because you have to maintain all the roof seals or it could get leaks. Vwvortex has some good maintenance tips."

FUN CAR

By on Tuesday, March 03, 2015

"LOVE MY CAR! ONLY COMPLAIN IS THEAT IT DOES NOT HAVE A REARSENSOR WHEN I BACK UP."

Perfect for NE

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, sexy, hardtop covertible"

Cons: "Struggles in blizzards (its not an SUV)"

"I absolutely love my car. Its great for all seasons. Granted, when we have our New England winters it can be slick, but given this winter has been so mild and beautiful I couldn't be happier with my car. Love it. It has a small back seat so if you regularly have multiple passengers I'm told its tight back there. But for you and a passenger its just right. Heated seats are fantastic in morning. When it's really cold, (I mean teens all week) the windows can get frozen and then you cannot open the car door because they must release about a centimeter to open the car door safely. My solution is if you bought an automatic car starter and put your defrosters on the night before you would be good to go in the morning!"