2008 Volkswagen Eos

Based on 166 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

It hates me...

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, cute and flirty"

Cons: "Something goes wrong every 3 months"

"I've had my cute little car for 3 years and I believe that it hates me....it'd rather spend it's time, top up, in the service bay at the dealership than out on the road with me. I hope it's just my car and not the entire fleet...."

a keeper!

By on Sunday, April 24, 2011

"I like German cars (have had Audi A4s and VW Passats) and always wanted the A4 Cabriolet, but wouldn't want to park a ragtop in the snow visiting family in Buffalo. I waited a year before buying a 2008 Eos (Lux- turbo 2.0L) in Nov. 2007. It's far and away my favorite car. Fun to drive, with sports mode when you want more control. Much better pickup than previous turbo 4s (including Audi) and handling is great. Beautiful interior, exceptionally comfortable front seats; rear seats a bit stiff but passengers have had no complaints on short trips. Mileage has been about 29 using premium fuel. (You're protecting the turbo, and it costs me maybe $150 more a year. Fine.) I like the styling better than the other 4-seaters. People are curious, since there aren't that many on the road, but have been complimentary--even after 3 1/2 years. (Don't like the tailgaters though) The hardtop goes down as soon as the temp reaches 60 degrees. Adequate room for groceries and luggage for 2. No mechanical or electrical issues, but I have had the occasional roof leak in the rain (a sign that a 'treatment' is needed). Regular maintenance needed/recommended. I usually change cars after 3 years; not this time. Hope to see all-wheel drive and a hybrid version in the future."

It's the dealer, not the car

By on Thursday, April 07, 2011

"Had my EOS for almsot 2 years of mostly trouble free driving. Air bag on pass. side failed a few months ago and dealer fixed it but well, it was broke again in 5 miles. Had to order a new one and took 5 weeks to get part. Oil change and tire rotation $92.00 and need an appointment. I change at 5 thousand miles so not free in between. Car rides and handles well for what it is which is a boulevard cruiser and a ton of fun. Have 15,000 miles and no rattles at all. Great gas mileage getting 35 around town and 34 on the road. Yeah, more around town. Keep it at 65 and get 37+ mpg but premium fuel. Only issue I have is the dealership who act as though they are doing you a favor taking your money and working on your car. Other car is an Acura MDX and pull in to dealership and think you were driving a Rolls Royce."

fast, fun and easy to drive

By on Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"The EOS is a unique auto, not only is it a convertible but it also is not as known for being a higher hp and torque sports car. I've owned this car for 2 years and if you don't watch out, you're way out in front of the pack of cars on the interstate. When your in the car, you simply want to keep going. Its so comfortable and allows you to feels secure as it has a tight suspension allowing one to manuever so easily."

I love my EOS

By on Thursday, July 15, 2010

"Great little car that works well in any weather. I have consistently gotten 21/31 in MPG. I had a door dent and the dent MD said VW's are the best made small car with better bracing and metal. It screams down the road and I bought it because it was both a convertible (my first), had a sunroof, and I love those heated seats and it is just cool looking. Took it to the OR coast recently with the top down for 1000 road miles and what fun !!"