• New Car Buyer's Guides
  • The 40+ MPG Cars of 2015

2008 Volkswagen Eos

Based on 157 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

FUN CAR

By on Tuesday, March 03, 2015

"LOVE MY CAR! ONLY COMPLAIN IS THEAT IT DOES NOT HAVE A REARSENSOR WHEN I BACK UP."

Love My Little Red Convertable!

By on Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Pros: "Fun, Good Looks, Comfortable on long trips."

Cons: "Needs more chrome like my 2009 EOS"

"This is my second EOS. Owned a 2009 white with Gray Interior. Traded it for a 2013 because I needed the bluetooth and was afraid they would stop making them. No Problems No roof problems love the drive, love the manual shift option. SO much fun! Heats up fast in the winter. I live in Michigan, with the front wheel drive I can drive it all winter!. The windscreen serves me as an inside trunk when the top is down. I can fit a whole lot of groceries under this! Great Gas Milage! Does take premium gas but its a turbo!! How you not like a little red convertable with light tan seats and a sunroof!"

Interesting Roof design, Turbo lag is a problem

By on Monday, February 09, 2015

I don't own this car

Pros: "Trim level nice, roof design, responsive, quiet"

Cons: "lag in turbo performance, roof maintenance"

"Tested the Komfort model of this vehicle (VW Eos, 2015). The roof is interesting because of the many configurations you can use (from convertible -> fully closed and several in between including the (somewhat hard to pop-up) front air dam, rear air deflector. Found the cabin very quiet both ways (convertible plus air dams or top fully up and sealed). The engine was quiet and responsive (did notice a change in engine speed fron Neutral to forward gears which stutters the car forward unexpectedly. Turning radius is quite good! Turbo lags strongly to engage after 1.5 sec @45MPH. This was the no-go item for me."

Completely satisfied after two months

By on Saturday, January 31, 2015

Pros: "Incredible value; fun to drive"

Cons: "Where to put my golf clubs - Passenger Seat?"

"Bought a silver 2010 with 65K on it. I would have not been surprised if there had been some glitch on a hardtop convertible 4 years old. But, there has been none anywhere on the whole car after 5K! This is such a solid car throughout. The transmission is the smoothest I've ever felt. I'm scratching my head wondering why they are stopping production this year, especially considering that convertibles are coming back. My last fun car was a Boxster; not drivable in the winter. Not the EOS. Very pleasantly surprised how it handles in the snow."

Convertible hardtop with sunroof -- terrific!

By on Saturday, December 06, 2014

"VW EOS remains the only hardtop convertible with sunroof on the market. These features are unique and make the car a perfect choice for all four seasons. In winter, you benefit from the moonroof effect -- not claustrophobic like the traditional black ragtop. In spring and fall, use the sunroof. And in summer, the convertible effect. Excellent 2.0 turbo engine -- very quick and responsive. Superb DSG dual clutch automatic -- absolutely the best in the business. This VW transmission is far superior to any other in the marketplace. Pricing is a little rich but again the product is one of a kind."

One of the best vehicles

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "no blind side mirror warning system"

"Very pleased with dealership"

Very reliable car

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, functionality and engineering."

Cons: "High maintenance costs."

"I have owned this car since new. I only had to get the stereo replaced because of my doing. I am very rough on cars and this VW stood the test. I did have one recall but I didn't even think I had an issue. I chose black faux leather interior since my kid is into sports and the interior would get a work out. The interior has stood up to everything we could dish out. Funciontalty fits the bill and my daughter calls it our transformer. Great car!"

Looks & drives awesome for a 2007.

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "turbo, panoramic sunroof in add. to conv."

Cons: "trunk size could b larger"

"Looking for a stylish, well maintained used vehicle with a great rep & history. The VW eos has other convertibles beat."

I love this car!!

By on Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive!"

Cons: "limited trunk space"

"This car drives like a sportscar but is comfortable like a luxury car... and it is built to last and has all the bells and whistles. It is great for myself and my tall partner! We have really enjoyed it."

Fun Car to drive

By on Saturday, July 26, 2014

"This car is really fun to drive and has a great amount of power and speed for a 4 cylinder. It has a ton of extra touches like the cooler in the glove box.....The only downfalls to this car in my opinion is the lack of interior storage space."

Best "Fun" car I've ever owned!!

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "FUN!!!"

Cons: "Traction and heating in the winter"

"What's not to like about a red convertible with a sun roof, moon roof and hard top convertible? (Or as my grandson puts it..."Transformer Car") Great gas mileage, great pick up, and lots of fun!! This car has had very few mechanical issues in the 7 years that I've owned it. My only complaint is that it's not much fun in the winter. Traction isn't the best and it takes a while for the heater to kick in full blast. (Kinda a bummer when it's 25 degrees below zero!!!) I'd buy another one in a heart beat and recommend it to anyone."

One owner car.All reg.scheduled maint. performed.

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

"Has tinted windows. car was always garaged and maintain inside and out. Was used as a third car, low mileage."

Had the Rolls, Caddys, Lincolns, Olds, EOS is best

By on Friday, July 04, 2014

Pros: "FUN, FUN, FUN. Comfortable, too."

Cons: "Rain gutters over doors would be nice"

"Never needs anything but oil, filter and washing. Fun with top down in good weather; wonderful with top up in bad weather. The top works quickly and smoothly every time. Even have room in trunk for wheel chair. I could buy a new one, but can't see any advantage. Being "robin's egg blue" it's very cute, with top up or down. It still fascinates me to see it folding in and out. Great for running local errands and a delight on longer road trips. Seats are comfortable and fully adjustable. Now, if I could just pull an RV I'd have it made. I'd recommend the local dealership, if I could. They are good, too."

MY FIRST LUXURY & I AM IN LOVE

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "Steering control, leather interior, panoramic roof"

Cons: "Electrical components seem tidious"

"This VW EOS is my first luxury vehicle and it couldnt be any more perfect. I have the 2012 VW EOS, bought it with 19K miles and was in a clean condition. I have had it for 2 weeks now and all i want to do is sit in my beautiful car all day. Its perfect for all seasons, esp with the sleek hardtop. The premium gas isnt price friendly, but for the performance i wouldnt expect to put anything else in the gas tank. Please use the krytox seal for maintenance!"

Underestimated!

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "Very Elegant, Sophisticated, Sporty and Fun"

Cons: "Wish there was a Back up Camera"

"This vehicle is one of the best cars I have ever owned. My family has always had high end performance sports cars and regular cars such as Porsche, BMW, Mercedes and even Volvo. When the economy took a hit we bought the VW Eos for practicality and fun while saving money compared to BMW and Mercedes. Our particular is very low mileage! We have had it since 2010 and just hit 21000 miles. Tires have been changed once for unusual wear. Im not sure if the particular type of Eos we have is unusually sporty or there are more like them, but ours is very sporty. It feels very high end. It is Black with Saddle, Fully loaded with Bi-Xenon Headlights with AFS. It has Pirelli Wheels and Dynaudio Stereo. It also has McPherson Strut suspension. As I stated, Im not sure if all VWs are this high end and sporty or because we bought the vehicle fully loaded, and that this is when Porsche Acquired VW in 2010. Fantastic car! We just purchased it off lease and plan to hold onto it for another 4 years. Im telling you this car really is unusually sporty and ELEGANT. I get a lot of looks at the light, and when it turns green im the first off the line with the Turbo engine."

This is a great little convertible!

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "an amazing piece of automotive engineering"

Cons: "limited trunk space"

"I bought this 2010 Eos in 2013, with only 11,000miles on it, and have enjoyed it immensely. It handles beautifully, has PLENTY of pep, and the top/hugh, forward sunroof combination is great. At speed, with the windows up and with the windshield and rear wind screens up, there's no need for a scarf for a lady. I have had absolutely no problems with roof leaks, but do the Krytox seal lube every six months. With the roof up, there's plenty of trunk room for two for a weekend trip. For more trunk room with the top up, the flip-up device in the trunk can easily be removed and put in the back seat. Top down trunk capacity is very limited, but there's always the back seat; this is not a car for four people with luggage."

Wow!!

By on Saturday, May 17, 2014

Pros: "Great value for the money, well made, very quiet"

Cons: "Replacement parts costs are rather high"

"Holy cow, what a ride! This car is exhilerating to drive to say the least. It's extremely well built, and well designed. I only drive it on nice rain-free days when i can put the top down!"

Incrediby vehicle top to bottom!

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

"I have owned sports cars (Porsche) and quality other vehicles (Acura) but this...is my first VW. It is a great fun sports car with sophisticated evening out hardtop...with a solid wonderful ride. Feisty quick and very eager for your city and highway trips. Just love my VW Eos! Gerry"

Great Car, Fun to drive, holds corners.

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "Good looking and fun to drive"

Cons: "rear visibility is compromised when top is up"

"Great looking, handling is outstanding, reliable, reasonable gas mileage both in town and on the highway. Visibility from the driver's seat to the right rear obstructed by right rear head rest"

2013 Eos Executive

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "hard top plus sunroof plus convertible all in one"

Cons: "somewhat generic looking with top up."

"I just bought this car a few days ago. It's a blast to drive and has many wonderful options. It's got great pickup and gas mileage. With the top up, from the outside it looks pretty much like your run-of-the-mill coupe. But when the top comes down (and it looks like a transformer when you operate the top)it becomes much more elegant looking. This is a great option for those who want a convertible yet also live in a cold climate where in the winter, a convertible is not practical. This is the best of both worlds. Can hardly wait til the summer to really have fun in this car."

Fun car

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

"This car is fun to drive but not very realistic for day to day life."

Love it!

By on Saturday, January 11, 2014

Pros: "Peformance, fun to drive, solid car"

Cons: "Only one: needs premium gas."

"I'm over 6 ft tall and was looking for a convertible that I could fit in, would handle the snow in our NY winters, and that I could afford to replace my Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder. I came across a 2012 EOS with 16,000 miles and bought it. I love the car, it's a joy to drive, has enough power for me (definitely faster than the Eclipse)."

Awesome car.

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pros: "wonderful to drive, reliable and super fun"

Cons: "A bit pricey and the interior could be more luxe"

"The EOS is sporty, reliable and yet practical. It can scoot around corners at speed but also carry a full load of groceries in the trunk. It's stylish and really good fun to drive. I used to drive a BMW 1-series convertible. The driving agility and performance of the Eos is on a par with the Beamer, but driving a hard top with a big moonroof beats the heck out of driving a tent."

VW CPO no good if not inspeced 1st

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pros: "nice looking"

Cons: "VW CPO is worthless"

"Bought a CPO VW EOS that should have never been certified the trunk leaked water oil needed to be changed 500 miles after purchase keys missing (needed to be replaced) needed a alignment and 2 tires Owners manual is not for my model year"

2009 Eos Convertible

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive with the top down or up!"

Cons: "None!"

"I'm a big person who had to stop working after an accident at work ruptured 2 discs at the same time. After 4 surgeries and a hip replacement, my back finally requires a larger vehicle. Otherwise I would not even entertain the thought of selling the Eos. It has been a joy driving it, and I get 30+ mph. Everything works perfectly. I had one accident in my garage after my weed eater fell off the ground which slightly dented the passenger side and left a scratch as well. All maintenance receipts from dealer service. My 60K mile tuneup is due to my back injury and was performed at 4,000 mi. Due to such low mileage driving. Lots of tech...headlights steer with you (adaptive), auto lock after 30 sec., Nav, Sirius has 12 mo. Left as of 6"