2007 Volkswagen Eos

Based on 173 Ratings for the 2007 - 2016 models.

Fun, Fun, Fun

By on Tuesday, August 31, 2010

"I got the EOS in late 2009. It's been a great ride and we are at 12,000 miles. The car rides great and is fun. No issues at all. The convertible has been a blast, plus the sun roof. We get many compliments on the car. I bought the extended maintenance since we plan on keeping the car. Looked at the Volvo, Lexus but both back seats were smaller. Great car, great fun."

Very satisfied

By on Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"Speedy, comfortable, stylish, technically innovative, the small trunk is offset by the luggage hatch for longer items. Some technical issues with door seal leak and air conditioner failure both dealt with by the VW dealer on thier nickle. Bought it for the wife and hijacked it for my use - great good looking car"

VALUE

By on Friday, April 9, 2010

"I was torn between the Mercedes XLK, and the Volvo, but the VW Eos gave me everything they had and more for $10,000 less. More room in the back, Included Wind Screen and screen built into the windshild top. Plus the ability to us the sun roof. Peppy, responsive, FUN TO DRIVE!!"

Fun, cute ride

By on Monday, March 22, 2010

"I've had this car for just about 2 years now and the two main issues I've had are: the dripping/leaking on both driver and passenger side where the seams should seal - it's been "fixed" twice and still leaks; the other issue is that the convertible top sticks! Not every time, but often enough to be a pain. That issue has also been "fixed" at least once and it still happens. Those seem like the 2 biggest issues I've seen that most people have. Outside of those, it's a super fun, cute car to drive. The sunroof option is nice, but as others have noted, it's quite noisy. Trunk space is fine for me - I can fit all my groceries in it w/the luggage rack open. The interior is nothing special, standard VW - All in all, it's a decent car; I'll be switching to a non-convertible when this lease is up, though..."

FUN LITTLE CONVERTIBLE

By on Monday, October 19, 2009

"The EOS is a great value. Built solid and tight. The styling is nice and the interior is no nonsense with all gauges and buttons very easy to use. Great sound system with no strange knobs to push and pull - every function has a button. I have the Komfort model and they should put audio controls on the steering wheel. Also, the windows drop down a bit when the engine is shut off and in the rain this is not a good feature. Also, the engine while fuel efficient and very peppy, there is sometime a lag when you press the gas pedal from a standstill. The car is definately on th small side, but overall just a great car. The roof is awesome and the sunroof feature is unique. I highly recommend this base model convertible over any other one in the price range. A very well built and well appointed and fun car to drive."

I LOVE THIS CAR!

By on Saturday, October 17, 2009

"The body structure is awesome. There is not other car on the road like it. The hardtop WOW factor receives many compliements especially during the summer months. My 2.0 is perfect for city driving. I have never taken it to a commercial car wash and I understand those owners who do have potential problems with the hardtop feature. This car is worthy to be hand washed!"

dont buy this car

By on Tuesday, August 4, 2009

"I cannot believe how disappointed I am in this car. It is the first new car I have ever bought in my life and it will be the LAST VW I ever buy. This car gulps oil faster than I can keep up with. It has already had the turbo repaired twice; once b/c it was leaking and the other time to completely replace it (car was in the shop for 14 days). Doesn't help that the dealership i work with is absolutely incompetent. STAY AWAY FROM EOS!!!!"

Is this a clunker

By on Thursday, April 2, 2009

"Glad to say iam on a two year lease this vehicle has been in the shop 6 times in 11 months . Various problems leaking roof. copletely shut down , roof would not close. In any situation like this you have to push and threaten Volkswagon as i did .next week they sre giving me a new 2009 eos, to complete my lease I do love the power in this car and the handling is great But I do believe that they havent got all the kinks out."

Very Satisfying

By on Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"Its no Nissan GT-R, but its the most comfortable, quiet, and beautiful car I have ever owned or driven. Plus its my first manual transmission I drove which gives it more sentimental value :) Easy to drive, hard to not love."

By on Thursday, December 25, 2008

"Love everything except the windshield wipers."

All around winner

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"This versitile sedan is a great second car that does everything well. The hard top makes it a competent and comfortable commuter with many creature comforts. The drivetrain with its 2 liter turbo and six speed dual clutch automatic provides a sporty yet quite efficient package. But it is the ability to put the top down in 27 seconds and ride at highway speeds in complete comfort that makes it a blast to own."

Great hardtop covertible

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"Swapped a 2005 Lexus SC 430 for the EOS. Both are great cars. The only difference is the price. The SC430 is $30,000 more than the EOS."

By on Wednesday, October 8, 2008

"Long distance travel at 70mph gave us 30mpg. Now leasing, will buy new model when lease is up. We bough special trunk luggages in Europe. Love that convertible, quick response, economical and smooth ride."

Big Fun, Great Mileage

By on Wednesday, October 1, 2008

"I leased my EOS in Sept 2007 and have had a lot of fun driving it ever since. It gets a lot of looks, I get a lot of "thumbs up" from all kinds of people and it does garner a lot of attention with the top is going up or down. My nieces and nephews think I'm the coolest Aunt around! However, this is a high maintenance vehicle and has been to the shop on several occasions. The biggest issue has been with the front windows, which tend to go down, automatically, when you close the door. Quite inconvenient. The car does get great mileage as I can go 320 miles on just 1/2 tank of gas! Overall, it's way fun!"

I love my Baby Eos

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2008

"This car is amazing. It gets looks from everyone (especially when I'm angry about stopped traffic and decide to take the top down.) I haven't had a single problem with it except once in a while the drivers side window rolls down instead of up while i'm rolling the other windows up and turn the car off in the middle of it. There is a programming update my dealership has offered that I haven't accepted yet. Programming updates are free from the dealer. I have the 6 speed manual and it works great on i-25, even with a car full of heavy people. I couldn't be happier with my baby."

FUN

By on Thursday, March 20, 2008

"The EOS is just fun, fun, fun!! The best part is all the stares...especially when you're putting the roof up or down. The greatest comment was that it looked like one of those machines in the movie "Transformers.""

A day in the clouds

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

"I've loved almost every minute spent driving this car over the past year of ownership. The top is amazing in its construction and versatility. The 2.0Turbo is robust and fun even with the luxury suspension. The sound system is great but may have had an programming bug early on. I think that driving with the top down in the sun couldn't get much better than in an EOS. However, when it rains, it pours. Early production models in the US had some window sensor issues which caused the window to roll down long after the vehicle was locked. Regular maintenance on the seals is required to keep them from leaking and to prevent wind noise. Finally, I've had some issues with leaks that allow water to collect in the car. The one thing that makes or breaks a convertible is if it can withstand rain and the EOS is coming out all wet."

Problems, problems problems

By on Tuesday, March 3, 2009

"We leased the EOS Komfort in May 2008 and after 9 months and 7500 miles I can report the following issues. Three leaks in the coolant system causing the light to light up and eventually a full rplacement of the tank and lines over 3 separate full day visits. The optional ipod adapter broke ($500+ fix if not under warranty). As many already know, the windows go down slightly in order to open or close the door. However, after 6 months, ours continued to shutter up and down while you were driving. The temporary solution was to drive with the windows 1" down so they would not cycle up and down 60 times a minute (actual rate). After a month of troubleshooting and waiting for the part (starter sensor) it is now fixed. It was not a fun car to drive in January in the northeast. We also drove the car for 9 months with a very bad transmission problem. Initially, we were told that this was not a transmission problem, but that the acceleration lag was inherent in the EOS. Unfortunately, it became signifiacantly worse and dangerous. From neutral to first, there was considerable play in the gas pedal without any acceleration and then it would suddenly shift into gear and peel out! BTW this is the 6 speed automatic. On any incline it was unsafe especially if there was a car behind you and another in front. There was also a pronounced clunk in the shift to first gear. After finally mentioning that it was dangerous, dealer performed the $2900 warranty work and it now drives well. They later admitted that some cars have this issue and there is a fix in place, but I guess they don't offer it until it becomes unbearable. Otherwise, the idea of a hard top convertible with a moonroof is great. Engine is lively and car is appointed well compared to similar cars. I would say the initial value is good, but reliability and quality are a huge concern. We leased because we did not want to get stuck if there were major issues. These are major and I would not want to keep this car for the long term. We will be happy if we are finished with repairs, but will dump it at the end. If there are more issues, I have already investigated the lemon law requirements. It is just not worth the hassle to keep getting it repaired."

Swiss Army knife of cars

By on Saturday, February 2, 2008

"1. Overall experience: Solid, tight feeling car with terrific engine and transmissition (2.0Turbo 4 & DSG 6 speed Auto). The 2.0 4 is so good that I am not sure why anybody would spend more for the 3.2L 6. Very quiet with top up, not claustrophobic due to big sunroof, and most wouldn't guess it was a convertible. With top down, it is even more fun. 2. Reliability of roof: Early buyers have had issues with leaking seals ( 5 piece roof means several seals which potentially can lead to problems). However, a terrific product from Dupont called Krytox can be used to maintain the seals and prevent leakage (details on VWvortex Forums). So far, no issues with mine. 3. Has an easy to access, usable back seat. Still, they are best for kids and mine have no complaints. 4. Trunk space with top down is better than expected. If you pack it full, you may need to let the top up to get your baggage out. However, it still has a back seat for extra storage space. No regrets after buying this car, as long as reliability doesn't become an issue."

Best convertible for price by far

By on Wednesday, February 18, 2009

"I evaluated several convertibles including domestics, volvo, saab, audi, and bmw. Only one that i liked better was the bmw. However at $20K more than the eos, the VW gets the nod. The gas mileage, comfort, performance and features are amazing for this small car that actually weighs over 3700 lbs. I have had no problems to date at 28K miles. The hardtop convertible with the glass moonroof is special and particularly desirable for me. I average 30 miles to the gallon in mixed driving (60% city and 40% hwy)."

Do not buy

By on Saturday, November 15, 2008

"I purchased an Eos Komfort in April 2008 and there are three MAJOR issues that VW tells me are unfixable. 1. Radio - the radio antenna is located in the the trunk! So, the satellite stations go in and out repetitively, the FM stations actually switch around and the am is 80% static and I cannot even listen to the local sports games. Attempts were made to replace the radio but the dealership admitted that all their Eos have the same problem... 2. rain actually lands in your lap when you stop and turn off the car if it is raining outside. because the car is a hardtop convertible the windows drop slightly when you remove the key in order for the door to be opened. Rain immediately POURS along the roof seam into the car, along the internal roof seam and drips/pours directly into your lap. The dealership says its inherant in the design of the roof and there is nothing they can do about it. 3. Again, the windows. The passenger window drops when someone enters and is supposed to go back up but often (inconsistantly) it does not and you'll find that you are driving with a partially open window letting rain in along the passenger side. Do NOT BUY THIS CAR until they resolve these issues. despite some very clever ideas (the roof and retractible moonroof combo) these issues will make the car unacceptable in everyday driving."

Fun and Powerful

By on Sunday, May 11, 2008

"I have had my 2007 EOS for over a year now, and still love to drive it. Coming from the 6 cyl passat I enjoy having the power, and the fun is unbelievable. I get great mileage and have had no problems with the seals, even with the Florida heat. The EOS causes a lot of double takes from people. It's the "Transformer Car". The front seats are very spacious and the crontrols are easy to access. The only two "wish were availables" are memory seats and hands free telephone. With the windscreens and windows up there is virtually no issue with wind even on the interstate. Have had many people with the more expensive makes compliment the EOS on comfort and options. I love the fact that I have all the comforts of the more expensive cars at the VW price. I highly recommend the EOS to anyone who loves to drive. The car handles great and is fun to drive."

Great Car Except for the Oil you need in the trunk

By on Monday, June 11, 2012

Pros: "hard top convertible that is fun to drive"

Cons: "oil burning"

"I love my car and even after almost 5 years it still turns heads when I take the roof down. The issue with this car that little that it burns oil. With the full synthetic 5W40 oil (only 2 brands made that meet VW standards in US), the owner's manual states oil changes at 5 to 10K miles. My car will burn through about 2 to 3 quarts of oil every 5K. This started happening about year 2 of ownership. The dealer did tests and said the car was not burning too much oil. Reading the other sites, many other owners with cars a few years old have this same problem. If you do not mind having a few quarts of oil in your trunk at all times, it is a great car."

Great around town car

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Sunroof"

Cons: "Wheels spin, expensive, premium gas..."

"At first I really liked my car and thought i just needed get used to it. After over a year the speed doesn't stay constant (even with cruise control) and its impossible to keep straight. The weight of the car isn't heavy enough for it's power so the wheels spin out constanty. As a little around town car I'm sure it would be great, but for car trips over two hours it's a pain. BUT The convertible down is GREAT, the heated seats are fantastic, it has an amazing sound system, and the sun roof is giant!"

Awesome car.

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pros: "wonderful to drive, reliable and super fun"

Cons: "A bit pricey and the interior could be more luxe"

"The EOS is sporty, reliable and yet practical. It can scoot around corners at speed but also carry a full load of groceries in the trunk. It's stylish and really good fun to drive. I used to drive a BMW 1-series convertible. The driving agility and performance of the Eos is on a par with the Beamer, but driving a hard top with a big moonroof beats the heck out of driving a tent."