2007 Volkswagen Eos

Based on 173 Ratings for the 2007 - 2016 models.

Love it

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pros: "Great handling. Responsive. Solid feel."

Cons: "Few cup holders. Little interior storage."

"Great handling. Responsive. Great pickup. Solid feel. Awesome hard top convertible allows 30 second convert so there is never any weather concerns. Stylish body. Best value for the money. Has been very reliable thus far. Could use more cup holders and has very little interior storage with a small glove box. When I get another car it will just be a newer model of this exact same car. Love it."

Perfect for NE

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, sexy, hardtop covertible"

Cons: "Struggles in blizzards (its not an SUV)"

"I absolutely love my car. Its great for all seasons. Granted, when we have our New England winters it can be slick, but given this winter has been so mild and beautiful I couldn't be happier with my car. Love it. It has a small back seat so if you regularly have multiple passengers I'm told its tight back there. But for you and a passenger its just right. Heated seats are fantastic in morning. When it's really cold, (I mean teens all week) the windows can get frozen and then you cannot open the car door because they must release about a centimeter to open the car door safely. My solution is if you bought an automatic car starter and put your defrosters on the night before you would be good to go in the morning!"

My second one

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "Hard top convertible with a sunroof....absolutely"

Cons: "Luggage compartment w/the top down is small"

"I had a 2008 EOS which was a lease. When the lease was up in Aug 2011, I had to have another. So this time I'm buying it. Love this car."

I love my EOS

By on Thursday, July 15, 2010

"Great little car that works well in any weather. I have consistently gotten 21/31 in MPG. I had a door dent and the dent MD said VW's are the best made small car with better bracing and metal. It screams down the road and I bought it because it was both a convertible (my first), had a sunroof, and I love those heated seats and it is just cool looking. Took it to the OR coast recently with the top down for 1000 road miles and what fun !!"

Eos

By on Friday, June 25, 2010

"I live in the midwest and wanted a year around driver. The car is phenomenal on bad roads. I'm getting 26 MPG city and 32 MPG hiway with decent performance. I looked at everything and there is no car in this price range that looks better or gives you more. I am very demanding and the car has met every expectation."

Fun Car

By on Friday, February 5, 2010

"The Eos is a fun, peppy car. The sunroof extends the entire width of the roof but is noisy when driving. The convertible folds nicely into the trunk with more room than my former Saab, but still not a ton of room. One persistant problem has been a dripping leak where the roof meets the window which I believe shorted out the auto window. I also feel that for this amount of money, the interior should be much better. Finally, there is virtually no room for passengers in the back seat. But overall, a fun car."

VERY NiCE VW

By on Friday, January 15, 2010

"I have had my EOS for several months now and made a 2000 mile trip to Orlando FL from Springfield MO. It was very comfortable and averaged 33 mpg. I love the way it performs with the 6 speed auto w/sport shift. Everyone likes the way the top goes up and down and it doesn't leak at all even in the car wash. I had to wait for 3 days before picking up the car for a transmission recall that apparently was an issue with earlier models. As of now, I am very happy with the car and would purchase it again."

simply beautiful

By on Saturday, December 29, 2007

"Well designed, comfortable, reliable. Good value for money compared to other hard tops. A head-turner."

Great Car, Fun to drive, holds corners.

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "Good looking and fun to drive"

Cons: "rear visibility is compromised when top is up"

"Great looking, handling is outstanding, reliable, reasonable gas mileage both in town and on the highway. Visibility from the driver's seat to the right rear obstructed by right rear head rest"

great car for the $$$

By on Friday, January 4, 2013

Pros: "Great Price, The Opening and Closing of the top is"

Cons: "power"

"It is a great buy for the money. The hardtop/convertible attracts stares everytime it opens or closes, especially when you are at a traffic light and it starts to rain. It's a great solid little car thats fun to drive, could use about double the HP it has. Either way I'd reccommend it."

AWESOME CAR!!!!!!!!!!!

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

Pros: "Wickedly FUN FUN FUN"

Cons: "Blind spot/rear"

"this car is FAST! (for a lit'le car). Blimey I have had this car for 5 years and it is so reliable...Only thing bad is it has a blind spot to rear. Other than that I love this car."

EOS IS A WIN!

By on Thursday, April 29, 2010

"If you are looking for the best 4 seater Hard top covertible that holds it's value than look no further! I moved to the beach and wanted a convertible but with kids I needed some extra room. Even with the hardtop down it fits two medium size suitcases in the trunk. All the other competitor cars are either gas guzzlers or overpriced (or lacking style - BWM). The EOS is nimble on the road, looks better than the other hardtops, and with the 2.0 engine option is very quick without sacrificing your gas budget. I average 30 mpg but I travel highways a lot. Already racked up 74,000 miles with no problems at all. There is potential for water leaking around the hardtop seals but you should discover this under the warranty and they can fix it on VW's dime. A great car for the money and I just looked at the value based on my 2007 with 74,000 and it's still holding over $20K in excellent condition retail."

08 EOS - Fahrvergnügen!

By on Sunday, December 6, 2009

"Leased our EOS in March of 2008. Great Deal! We intend to purchase it at the end of the lease in March of 2011. The car is a wonderful 2 passenger sport/convertible car. Although it does have a back seat, like most "sport" cars, its pretty much useless for "normal" sized adults. Love the hard top and how it retracts and still provides room in the trunk for storage. Everything about it is great. Styling, comfort, handling. If you want a really fun, reliable and luxury sport convertible, EOS is a great choice. It is not as quiet as a regular hard-top car, but I really don't notice it. The car IS NOT built for really big individuals (if you are pushing 6' or and/or over 250 lbs, it will be a really tight fit). Like all VW's it is a more "stiff" feel and ride. Our model is the LUX, but we "bought off the lot" and it did not have the navigation system. The 2008 models also did not come with the integrated phone, but we had that installed in Dec 09 for $500. Love it! All in all, it was a great deal for a great personal luxury sport convertible."

I LOVE THIS CAR!

By on Sunday, November 1, 2009

"This is perhaps the most fun I've ever had with a car. It's precise handling, the unbelievable zero to 60 speed (for a four cylinder car), the turning radius, the sexy style. I have only found two negative points regarding this car. One, for a fully equipped car, it amazes me that you MUST manually turn the headlights on and off. I can't believe they don't turn off if you forget to click them off. The other then, and this is odd for a convertible, is that when you have the top down, there is no way to lock your trunk (with other convertibles that I have owned, you are able to disable the truck lock switch in the door... which you cannot disable with this car). That leave you with NO secure storage space if you have your top down. This was a silly thing for VW to forget when making this car. Other than those two items, this is by far the best car I have ever owned. If VW fixes these two items, they will have created, in my opinion, the perfect car!""

Worst Vehicle Ever!

By on Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"Owned for 14 months and took to shop 9 times for electrical problems...top does not work properly, batteries are loosing charge so you get up and the car is dead as you are trying to go to work. This car has spent over 40 days in the shop and VW will not make right, or buy the car back, and promise everytime "this time it's fixed". The car has only 5552 miles on it. So much for the "Lemon Law". First and LAST VW I will ever buy."

Shock and Awe

By on Wednesday, August 5, 2009

"I eagerly bought my red 08 EOS with cream interior. I love the styling and comfort. I loved the push button retractable top. I even had people stop me and ask me to open the top for them. Really cool to watch top slide into trunk. Loved the hard top and large sunroof. THEN, my car started using oil. After my first oil change, the oil was totally out of my car and the car started making a terrible sound. Then after looking at my paperwork, a complete oil change was not done, only my oil topped off. VW said that the paperwork was incorrect and they did change my oil, but they just did not charge me for it or put it in the computer. RIGHT!! VW acted like it was nothing and got a technician on the line who said it was normal to use a half quart every 1000 miles. I kept going back and making them document that it was using oil. After about 5 trips, they wanted me to do an oil consumption testing, (which I asked them to do the first time), but they would not do. I was told that the problem was the 2.0T turbo engine, that maybe it had problems. I could not wait to get rid of my EOS even though I searched for the right car and thought it was it. No more VW's for me, sorry to say. My niece has the Passat with the same 20T with no trouble, but has had other electronic problems."

Fun, practical and comfortable

By on Wednesday, July 29, 2009

"This is a great car. It's that simple, really. The hard top convertible is brilliant, the ride suggests a much costlier vehicle, while the handling is exactly what a well engineered german car should have - nimble, expressive and solid response. The only criticism is that VW needs to get on board with updated technological gadget integration for ipods and phones; it is almost embarassing how old school it seems. Don't plan on packing more than a pair of underwear and a toothbrush if you are traveling - there isn't much space in the trunk, but heck if you wanted to travel with lots of stuff, buy a minivan."

Amazing car for the money

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"Picked up our EOS Komfort 2.0T in April '08 after looking at Porsches, MB and Mini. A true steel "hard top" convertible with plenty of comfort, power, handling, dependability, and insurance costs a lot less then the others we looked at. The car is a pleasure to drive and we have yet to get less then 30 MPG on average after 2908.0 miles. My friend is 6'4" and he had no problem getting in and out of the back seat with the top up !"

I love it!

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

"It is my favorite car that I have owned- if not including the spitfire my husband built for me."

Great car - room for 4 in a convertible!

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive!"

Cons: "Back seat too small for long trips."

"Have enjoyed this car immensely! Time to move on though! If I could keep it for weekends and have something else to drive all the time, I would!"

This is my perfect car.

By on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive. Top up or down in 20 seconds."

Cons: "Small trunk."

"This hard top convertible is magnificient. I live in Illinois. The hard top provides a solid seal against winter weather and year around rain. The back seat is small but big enough for my grand daughter's safety. Gas mileage is about 22-25. Top goes up or down in 20 seconds. (I've timed it). That means I can drive to the mall with the top down, put it up in the parking lot, and down again to return home...conveniently. Trunk is small, especially with the top down so this is not a car for someone who needs a lot of trunk space. I'm a second owner for this 2008. Only problem was a bad sensor in the seat belt clip that had to be replaced. Tire pressure requirements are different in the summer/winter. The light comes on when tire pressure needs to be adjusted. The car is perfect for me. Wish the price tag was lower."

I love this car!

By on Monday, January 9, 2012

Pros: "Beautiful car and easy to drive. Fuel efficient."

Cons: "Needs interfaced garage door opener."

"This is the most comfortable car I've ever driven. It handles well and I could watch the top fold into the trunk a thousand times and still be amazed."

German engineering at its' best!

By on Monday, December 5, 2011

"I watched this car from the time it was a concept vehicle. I knew then that I wanted to own one. I himmed and hawwed when I got closer to the time I wanted to buy one. Finally, in 2007, it was announced the option packages would change and the sport package would be eliminated, which actually is higher than the luxury package. I bought mine then, in the color I wanted. I have only had routine maintenance done on this Eos as was the case with the '97 Cabrio I owned before that. Batteries, tires, brakes have all been replaced and other than the smelly problem with the air conditioning that was corrected 3 years ago, there's never been a problem. It is a joy to drive, handles great and I love it. I'm thinking about trading only because I started playing golf 2 months after buying it and golf clubs are a pain the behind to get into the car. Back seat really isn't an option so you have to remove the longest clubs to get them in the trunk, then put the clubs in. The front seat is also a choice but then that's not the best solution."

Excellent value

By on Saturday, March 5, 2011

"I purchased my 2009 Komfort 2.0 Turbo w/AT in March 2010. Now, in March 2011 it has only 1,300 miles on it because of it being strictly a weekend car. Perhaps the low mileage is not an adequate measure with which to judge the car but it has operated flawlessly and is a delight to drive. It turns heads when the top is down and I'm looking forward to another spring, summer and fall of operation. The other advantage is that it's really a 12-month car because of the hardtop rather than the ragtop. Most soft top convertibles are drafty and cold in winter. They say, "When the top goes down, the price goes up". Well, if you compare this to the comparable Mercedes, my car (delivered with tax, etc) at $32K is a real value at about $20K less than the Benz."

I love this car!

By on Sunday, September 5, 2010

"This is an extremely fun car to drive. I own the 2.0 turbo and it goes! I've looked at other hard top convertibles and although they would likely be fine, I love the choice of either putting the top down or just using the sunroof. I've not seen any others like it. Also, the car turns heads and that's fun! It's comfortable and reliable."