• New Car Buyer's Guides
  • The 40+ MPG Cars of 2015

2007 Volkswagen Eos

Based on 159 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

This is my second EOS

By on Sunday, March 22, 2015

Pros: "Convertible, sun roof, quiet, good sound system"

Cons: "very expensive for what it is"

"And I think, since this is the last year they will be manufactured, I will be getting one more. I have absolutely loved this car (twice). It's perfect, convertible with a sun roof, no other car on the road offers both - what more could you ask for. Trunk space is small, but manageable and you can fit a whole lot more in there than you would expect. I have no complaints and really wish they would continue to manufacture it."

Leakier than a screen door

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Pros: "Quick (tough turbo lag is excessive) and fun in th"

Cons: "rotten in cold climates and leaks leaks leaks"

"Love this car in the summer, hate it in the winter. And don't even think about owning this without a garage. Water is a constant problem and once anything inside gets wet you will perpetually battle with condensation on the windows. This is especially problematic in the winter when the windows tend to ice up worse on the inside than on the outside. (I am not exaggerating). And this car takes for ever to warm up. I'm talking 15-20 minutes (depending on outside air temps) or more at idles before anything resembling warm air starts to emerge from the vents. Bottom line, if you have a garage, or better still a heated garage, this is a great car. If you don't then you're gonna be unhappy and shivering."

FUN CAR

By on Tuesday, March 03, 2015

"LOVE MY CAR! ONLY COMPLAIN IS THEAT IT DOES NOT HAVE A REARSENSOR WHEN I BACK UP."

Love My Little Red Convertable!

By on Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Pros: "Fun, Good Looks, Comfortable on long trips."

Cons: "Needs more chrome like my 2009 EOS"

"This is my second EOS. Owned a 2009 white with Gray Interior. Traded it for a 2013 because I needed the bluetooth and was afraid they would stop making them. No Problems No roof problems love the drive, love the manual shift option. SO much fun! Heats up fast in the winter. I live in Michigan, with the front wheel drive I can drive it all winter!. The windscreen serves me as an inside trunk when the top is down. I can fit a whole lot of groceries under this! Great Gas Milage! Does take premium gas but its a turbo!! How you not like a little red convertable with light tan seats and a sunroof!"

Interesting Roof design, Turbo lag is a problem

By on Monday, February 09, 2015

I don't own this car

Pros: "Trim level nice, roof design, responsive, quiet"

Cons: "lag in turbo performance, roof maintenance"

"Tested the Komfort model of this vehicle (VW Eos, 2015). The roof is interesting because of the many configurations you can use (from convertible -> fully closed and several in between including the (somewhat hard to pop-up) front air dam, rear air deflector. Found the cabin very quiet both ways (convertible plus air dams or top fully up and sealed). The engine was quiet and responsive (did notice a change in engine speed fron Neutral to forward gears which stutters the car forward unexpectedly. Turning radius is quite good! Turbo lags strongly to engage after 1.5 sec @45MPH. This was the no-go item for me."