2012 Volkswagen CC

Based on 169 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

2012 CC Lux Limited

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pros: "Style, comforfort, performance, economy and value."

Cons: "Four seats and low truck height might be an issue."

"This is one terrific car! Interior and exterior styling is outstanding compared to the mundane appearance of many cars these days. Comfort and performance are excellent. The turbo charged 4 cylinder engine feels like 175HP in typical driving but feels like 260HP when needed. I am averaging 28 MPG driving locally in what can be described as light, suburban traffic with half of my trips being about 3 miles back and forth from the supermarket. I admit to making an effort to maximize mileage. When the car was picked up there was a 250 mile drive home. At 60 MPH the car got 35 MPG. I think anyone should be able to meet the sticker mileage except in heavy, city traffic. This car is a bit smaller than many direct competitors. In practical terms this means it seats four comfortably. The trunk is not very tall but the depth is good and the rear seats can fold down. Interior materials are first rate and everything is conveniently located. Some of the controls on the steering wheel stalks take a little bit of getting use to but any new car will have some learning curve. I have had mostly high end German luxury cars and while this car is clearly not in that category, I do feel right at home with the CC. One little aside is that my last car was a MB ML500 SUV. I always had to take it to the car wash for cleaning. With the CC I find I can easily wash the car myself, savings me a couple of hundred dollars a year in car washes and I need the exercise!"

I love this car

By on Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pros: "Fast, great handling, fun to drive"

Cons: "Insurance is higher than I expected on this car"

"VW's seem to have a reputation of being really good or really bad. This is my 4th and by far my favorite. Moved up from the TDI Jetts. Miss the great MPG the Jetta gave me but the performance of the CC 4Motion is incredible. If I drive it nicely, 70 or slower :( , I can get 28 to 30 MPG. If I drive it like it was meant to be driven its more like 22 MPG. 10K miles between oil changes and scheduled maintenance. Have had no issues with this car at all. Would highly reccomend to anyone that is bored with driving their car. It is fun to drive again....."

Great car for under $35k

By on Friday, September 16, 2011

Pros: "Fun car, attractive, good bang for the buck"

Cons: "trunk space is deep but not tall, 4 seater"

"I have had my 2010 VW CC Sport Turbo for 2 years now and overall, it has been a good car. While searching for which car to buy, I compared many like the BMW, Mercedes, Nissan, etc.. withing the same price range and found that VW gave more options for the dollar."

Suprisingly fun and sporty car for a sedan

By on Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Pros: "a steal at the sticker price"

Cons: "no sunroof option"

"I have had my CC Sport for about two months now and I must say it's one of the most positive surprises I've ever had in a purchase. The car felt great during the test drive, but that just didn't do it justice. Owning it and driving it for the last few months, everything about the car has grown on me. The VW engineers did a fabulous job on fit and finish, and the engine sips gas when I want it to (and burns it fast when I want it to also). The dealer (who also has an Audi store) tells me that the CC is an Audi A4 in a front-wheel drive configuration with the VW sheet metal, for what that's worth. It feels like it. ...and shhhh, don't tell my wife, but my kids love the "Launch Control" function (that VW lifted from their Porsche brethren). The thing rockets off the line like no 4-cylinder (and few 6's) I've ever driven when you use it. The only downside is that because of the curved roof, a sunroof isn't available. Too bad. Highly recommend it if you are looking at any vehicle of similar size."

Awesome

By on Wednesday, July 29, 2009

"VW is still one of the best bang for your buck. This car is beautiful, it gets a ton of looks. People think it is a much more expensive car and its materials compare to more expensive cars. We have the 4 cyl turbo direct injection engine which powers Audi A4s too. I have recently avg. 34 mpg on a 100 mi. business trip. Combining in town driving we are avg. 27 mpg. It is extremely fast and I've chirped the tires more times than I expected. Only complaint about the engine, it is not as smoothe as VW V6, but my Dad thought he was driving a V8 when he drove my car, does that say something! Luxury ride, pretty quite. Some cost cutting measures compared to past VW, but still more detail than most brands."