2012 Volkswagen CC

Based on 169 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

DREAM VW

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "true comfort coupe, large trunk luxury in and out"

Cons: "have to be heavy foot for DSG trans"

"After owning 4 Jetta & 2 Passat the CC is a new ball game. have a 2011 CC Lux and still being asked "what kind of car is that? its gorgeous". From backup camera in the VW badge to hid headlights that turn with the steering, makes a dad like myself feel like James Bond as my kids would say. But on the buyers side, just the quality for the price is worth it (used is best priced). Its a true German car and you feel it from the time you close the door(only Vw car still made in Germany. this machine handles and performs better than I ever expected (2.0t is a beast) DSG trans can be sluggish on the takeoff if your not heavy foot like i am, but wait for it, wait for it, then WOW. if your looking for a sexy coupe with the versatility of four doors, then the CC is it. Benz started the 4door coupe with the CLS (too big) but VW nailed it with the CC. then Benz rethought it this year with the CLA, smaller to take out the CC but not good enough. Was shocked when my bud and i switch cars one weekend his 2014 CLA for my 2011 CC and i want my CC back so bad and he was just having too much fun driving it. NOT bashing Benz but CLA is not a Benz. CC is the way to go"

Like floating on air; at least on highway driving

By on Sunday, July 10, 2011

Cons: "I wish the Lux could come in manual transmission; could only go as high as an R-Line."

"I have an R-Line 6sp manual transmission, Iron Gray, w/ 18in. wheels. My overall experience thus far after 1.5 months is excellent. The sport suspension is a little stiff in neighborhood driving; rough roads are felt but not uncomfortable. With the sport suspension, this is to be expected. The low beams following my turns are a nice feature (safety-wise and looks). The leatherette interior is very good; which I used Lexol to add more UV and dust protection. The trunk is very spacious and with the velcro blocks I can secure storage with ease. Auto-tinting rear-view mirror is a dream come true. Engine power is second-to-none from a value perspective and with a VW, the interior sound driving on the highay is very low (and appreciated). I suspect the difference between the CC and the Sonata, aside from some style changes and pricing is the interior sound. Ample space to store small belongings."

Quiet, stylish

By on Friday, April 09, 2010

"Always owned Honda Accords but with the kids away at college we decided to move into something with a little more style. We could not be happier, the most quiet ride that you could imagine, no outside noise at all and a ride that makes me want to drive and drive and drive. There are so many things that I like about this car I just can't name them all, 100% satisfied with my 1st VW purchase. One other thing, we drove our CC for 3 weeks until we saw another one on the road, awesome."

Nice style entry level euro road car

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pros: "Style, ride, driveability"

Cons: "Dated infotainment, VW reliability record"

"I purchased my 2014 CC Sport just over a month ago. I use it as a daily driver 10 miles one way in the NE U.S. This is my 3rd VW in a row and so far, the one I'm least impressed with. The car looks slick but lost style in the 2013 update in a marketing bid called "branding" that makes most VWs look like each other. Otherwise it's a nice looking car with many nice features and those are easily accessible on the website for comparison. I will say that folks that say VWs are expensive are not comparing comparably equipped cars. Some of my favorite things about this car: V-tex seating, love it! AFS headlights, very nice. Overall dash configuration and fold down rear seats. Steering mounted controls are work great. Bluetooth phone integration is awesome. The ride is realy firm so if your looking for a couch on wheels this isn't it. Driving is easy and the 2.0TSI is plenty responsive. The DSG auto works well with the engine but takes some getting used to for those new to this "automated manual" transmission. Things I don't like: Where oh where did the footwell lights go? 34G and no footwell lights? The dash creaks almost all the time and the dealer said "don't hear it". Drivers dash cubby cut my left hand; dealer said "can't fix it". Radio works well but is dated and lacks features found in cheap domestic cars. iPhone hookup buried in the glovebox. I would buy this car again but after I got one that din't sound like the dash is going to fall out going down the road."

Best VW hands down!

By on Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pros: "Great fun and keeps up with A4's, 3's and C-class"

Cons: "pillar blind spot, storage"

"I've owned the 2010 Sport for 2 years. I have traveled all over Colorado, to Kentucky and back to Northern California. This is the best kept secret in the world. For under $30K I am in the league of A4's, C Class and 3 series. Sport Mode is a dream on the highways and B Roads. I wish they would do one of these on the Jetta platform as the car is a smidge to big for my liking. That being said the only drawback is the pillars a on the big side so keep an eye out on those left turns as it is easy to have someone in that blind spot. This car is neck and neck with my old IS 300 as far as overall fun to drive and comfort. Actually thinking of getting the new one when the lease is up next summer."

Wonderful Auto

By on Saturday, May 28, 2011

Pros: "Sharp, fun to drive, fuel economy"

Cons: "Not a car for large persons, some comfort sacrificed for style."

"As in the world of motorcycles Germany is now setting the standard for performance and affordability in autos which for the past three decades has been dominated by Japan. I have to give Kudos to the U.S. for making great strides in the past 5 years for quiality and value. However, American car makers are not quite where they need to be yet in my eyes. This car has all of the creature comforts you could ask for. It is extremely fun to drive. I agree with the other reviewers who feel that the V6 AWD version is overkill and not worth the substantial decrease in fuel economy and large increase in price. However, if you live in the upper midwest then the added capability may be worth it for the piece of mind for some. Having test driven both engines the only difference is a bit of a smoother torque curve through the rev range, especially at lower rpms. However, the differences between the 4 cyl turbo and the VR6 are minimal. I also found the operating noise to be less in the 4 cyl turbo than the VR6. If you are a fan of German style and engineering and you are not tied to having a certain "badge" on your grill you should be thrilled with this car. My first VW and I doubt it will be my last."

The Beast of the East

By on Monday, April 05, 2010

"This car is the best car i have ever owned!!! I drove the c class benz before i got this and this is much better and the sport that i have gets up in speed"

Love it! Love it! love it!

By on Wednesday, September 09, 2009

"Bought it in April 2009 and coming up on 10,000 miles. Fit and finish is great, handles like a dream and very comfortable on. Approximately 65% of my mileage is highway but so far I have AVERAGED 34 mpg combined city & highway; I consistently get 38 - 40 mpg on job trips of 70 - 90 miles on the NYS Thruway. Love it! Love it! Love it!"

Great vehicle, great looks, good ride, comfortable

By on Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pros: "Looks, ride and more standard features than others"

Cons: "Transmission, touchscreen more difficult than 2010"

"Had a 2010 and loved it. 2010 got better highway milage (36 -37), 2013 gets 29 -30 mpg. We bought a Black 2013 CC Sport Plus which looks and handles better than the 2010. The 18 inch wheels and tires make a big difference, quieter and smoother. Both had 2.0 200 HP Turbo. Plenty of power in the city and highway. Love the new Bi-Xenon self leveling headlights and LED tail lights. Headlights turn up to 15 degrees with the steering. Wife drives it 22 miles each way to work daily and she loves it. She said it is the nicest car she has ever owned. The CC ride is a little stiffer than my 2000 BMW 5 Series but the handling is almost as good. It takes turns like a sportscar. Not real happy with the 6 speed DSG auto transmission w/ Tiptronic. Sometimes it seems not to know what to do. The car comes with everything including auto windshield wipers, self leveling Bi-Xenon headlights, anti slip, anti lock brakes, Electronic Stability Control, 18" alloy wheels, touchscreen nav sys. and audio sys. Heated front seats, heated mirrors, tire pressure monitoring, anti theft alarm with immobilizer theft deterrent and more. Only thing I wish it had is memory seats. Wife is 5'2" and I am 5'11". After she drives I cannot get into the car without adjusting the seats. The car has power front seats not like Japanese cars. Passenger seat adjusts as many positions as the driver seat does. A friend of mine has a CL Benz which I think the VW copied the shape. The front doors in the Benz are much smaller than the CC. I have trouble getting in and out of the Benz but not the CC. The car feels much more expensive than it is. It feels like a sister to the Audi A5 which costs about $12,000 more."

Sexy, fun, smooth

By on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pros: "Smooth, sophisticated, high-tech, comfortable."

Cons: "Not a car for large people."

"I upgraded to a CC from a Passat, which I loved. The CC put me in the league with the fancier Audi, BMW and Mercedes makes. When the valet would bring my car around at a crowded restaurant, it would turn heads. I bought the Lux Plus, with the full sun/moon roof option. The extra glass on the top just sets the car off beautifully. The car is a joy to drive - my wife best sums it up when she uses it instead of her normal Hyundai Santa Fe - 'your car is so smooth'. It is elegant, sophisticated, high-tech and just plain fun."

This is an amazing automobile.

By on Saturday, May 12, 2012

Pros: "Excellent value....great German performance."

Cons: "Low roofline...tough getting in."

"This has been one of the most enjoyable automobiles I've ever owned. It performs like a BMW or Audi but for about half the price. The fit and finish are excellent and the looks quite stunning. The turbo four cylinder engine provides both economy (average 34 mpg on hightway) and power when needed. The only slight negative is the low roofline.....I'm 6-1 and have a little difficulty climbing into the cockpit. But once seated very comfortable."

THE BEST!

By on Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pros: "quality for price, fun to drive, gorgeous, MPG g8t"

Cons: "Low seating, visibility compromised w/ low roof"

"Excellent road car with a very sexy exterior. Get 36 MPG on road trips. Adore this vehicle. It is so well made, substantial and very stylish. Compliments galore on the beauty of this car. Driving is a dream with my CC. My first Volkswagen product and it will not be my last!"

Nice

By on Friday, July 05, 2013

Pros: "Style, pricing, economy"

Cons: "Transmission hesitation when in stop position."

"Great gas mileage and above avg power. Transmission hesitates from stop position. I was told this is the old race car tranny and it's normal. Comfort is avg, but does have lumbar switch which helps. Overall I like the car for it's style, handling and gas mileage. If your going for looks at a modest price, it's a great choice. If you enjoy the above, but demand more comfort and smooth ride, get an Audi and spend a lot more money. Bottom line, it's German engineering which is always a plus!"

Best Vehicle Ever - Upgrading to newer CC soon!

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "Great features for the price."

Cons: "Hanger hooks are inconvenient and impractical."

"Luck would have it that back in 2009 I was ready to purchase my first BMW (pre-owned 500-series); but instead drove away in a brand new VW CC. What an awesome car! I went with the manual transmission (6-speed) for some fun. It drives beautifully! Hugs the road, turns easily, accelerates on a dime...everything you would expect from a sports sedan. What I didn't expect was the luxury features that come with the "standard" model. Dual power/heated front seats, excellent 6-CD/MP3 AM/FM/Satellite audio system, all power windows, with plenty of leg room in the rear seats. And it drives smoothly and quietly (while still offering that "sports car" feel). I will definitely upgrade to the new 2012 model this year!"

Quality and Comfort for reasonable price

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "quality, handling and driveability"

Cons: "interior back seat limited to two passengers"

"I have ridden in a $65000 car, and the creature comforts are no different. Wood trim and leather don't feel different, they stroke your ego. This is a quick reliable ride. Maintenance problems have been zero..and everything is covered for three years. A very responsive drive train, and the six speed automatic with three shift options is totally awesome. Negative?- silly two passenger back seat with a divide..the dog hates it"

Great car to drive, look at and be seen in

By on Friday, July 08, 2011

Pros: "Styling, inside and outside, touchscreen audio, driving experience, little luxury touches"

Cons: "limited color options, packaged options and trims instead of individual option choices"

"VW hit a home run with this car. I priced out a Sonata, IS250, G35 and Regal. None felt as good as this car or offer as much bang for the buck. I really love the syling of the exterior. The interior is simple and elegant and look more expensive than it is.If I had to make suggestions for improvement, I would like to see more choices in options like the Dynaudio sound system for the entry model and up, more exciting color options and a diesel option. This is a great car to drive. It feels solid. I made a great decision to get this car."

Best vehicle I've ever owned.

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Fantastic bang for the buck."

"Great gas mileage, sporty and fast."

great car; fun to drive but kills drinks the gas!

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

"My wife and I Lease this car and love it. If you have the money to not worry about gas prices and want a fun sexy looking car, this one is well worth it. Pros: nice pick-up, sexy curves, head lights move when you turn the wheel, big trunk with fold down middle. Cons: insurance is expensive, uses premium gas, aux input is in the middle of arm rest and ipod connector is in the glove box."

What a sexy thing!!

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "This car is sexy and fast!"

Cons: "Headlights need to go off when parked and key in."

"I was test driving many cars and went out on limb to drive the cc VW. I fell in love with the car instantly!! The comfort and feel in the drivers seat was not like anything else..I LOVE THIS CAR!! The drive is smooth and maneuvering is slick. I am not sure on reliability, since I have had it only 4 months, so gave it a 9. It was used so the value was right in my budget...thank you to the previous owner for taking such great care of this vehicle."

A Strong 9.5, Best Vehicle Ever

By on Friday, August 30, 2013

Pros: "value, fun to drive, design, lots of storage"

Cons: "So far none at all"

"I bought my CC used as a lease return with very low mileage. It has been everything I wanted and more especially for the price paid. I love the handling for a larger VW, gas mileage, pickup, looks and fit and finish. I was concerned about it being a first-year early production model by my fears have vanished. I shopped for a manual shift and could not find another finer."

Customer service FAIL

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "good exterior"

Cons: "TERRIBLE gas mileage, lousy torque, erratic shift"

my last average with 10 gallons...the previous was 17.4mpg. Thanks VW

"I owned the previous model, 2010 with a manual. Loved it, but because of issues with my back had to switch for the automatic 2013 model. Liked the exterior design (the interior is exactly the same) and i got the same price so i took the chance. The salesman told me the gas mileage is slightly worse, about 10% lower than the stick shift. As you can see from the photos, this car gets me 17-18 mpg. The sticker says 22mpg. After 3000 miles they found a problem w the gearbox and replaced a chip. It seemed to be working much better but then i noticed lag in shifting and downshifting by itself, especially at pulling up to a light. I took the car to the dealer, he checked and said it was the chip again reseting itself every time i start the car. And now, it started to burn through gas as if it's a truck. I take it to the dealer and they say they've checked everything but it's all fine, that i'm probably driving too aggressively. I live in Miami and drive clients in my car so driving fast or erratic isn't an option. On top of it, they won't give me a loaner car so i have to stay in the dealer for 4-5 hours every time. And to top it off, they call me after i complain to check and tell me AGAIN that everything has been checked and i am exaggerating. So i did a little bit of a test this past month, and as you can see, the car's own system is showing i'm right. This is the first time i've left a review, and at this point don't even care what the final result is. I will likely get rid of this car one way or another, get the lease bought out from one of your competitors. But i will also make sure EVERYONE finds out about the treatment that i've received. Youtube, Facebook, my area of influence, i'll even put a sign on my balcony if i have to. I am done with you."

my last average with 10 gallons...the previous was 17.4mpg. Thanks VW

Very good vehicle for its price

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "Great price,lux interior, leather, fun drive"

Cons: "multimedia system has wierd navigation"

"Great car. Every time somebody seats in it first time, you will hear "Wow! Interior is awesome!" I've two tone one so it gives extra A+ credit. It is also pretty comfortable. Even for 6.4'' person sitting at the back sit with same tall driver. Driving is good and sufficiently dynamic. From thing that can be better - more powerful engine would be nice to have more push. But this is cause I like driving fast and dynamic. Car still can easily overpower basic Camaro. Plus: excellent interior and exterior. 4/5 engine Minus: not so good multimedia system -sometime navigation in menus is odd."

Excellent All-Rounder

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "large trunk, unique style, sporty"

Cons: "practicality, fuel economy, cost"

"This car perfectly combines a sporty and fun driving experience as well as a comfortable and luxurious ride. The VR6 model with 4Motion I purchased is excellent in snow and has ample amounts of power. The sleek styling makes this the perfect choice for anyone debating on purchasing a coupe or a sedan. The car has the look of a 2 door coupe but has the practicality of a 4 door sedan. Interior is also very high quality and features premium material. The dash and the areas on the doors are soft padded material with leather seats and steering wheel. The trunk, although low in height, is very deep. Rear leg room is also good but headroom as well as getting in and out of the back seat can be an issue for people 6' or taller. Overall, even with the high cost as well as higher fuel costs, this is an excellent car for people looking for a unique, stylish, luxurious, and powerful sedan."

I have really liked the CC model, now need AW.

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

"The CC has been very reliable, and also a very nice looking car. The turbo helps. I'm just looking for an all wheel drive car now."

Love driving this car!

By on Friday, October 24, 2014

Pros: "Fun, sporty, handles well. Affordable"

"This is the most pleasurable car to drive that I have ever driven, and my last two cars were Mercedes. The lease to purchase program was very affordable."