2012 Volkswagen CC

Based on 172 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Buyer Beware - The Volkswagon CC

By on Thursday, August 13, 2015

Pros: "Good looking, great handling, fun to drive."

Cons: "The timing chain tensioner has a design flaw."

"I bought a 2009 Volkswagen CC Sport with the 2.0 Liter TDI engine brand new. I really liked the looks, the finish, and the driving performance of the car. However, the engine timing chain tensioner has a design flaw that will cause it to collapse (read fail). When the timing chain tensioner fails, it results in catastrophic damage to the engine often requiring the replacement of the entire engine at a cost of many thousands of dollars. These failures have occurred at a wide range of total mileage but, according to my research, most often occur above 60,000 miles. Coincidentally, 60,000 miles is when the warranty expires. I became aware of this basic design flaw in the engine because this failure just happened to me. I am now faced with towing the car to the junk yard because the engine replacement actually costs more than the car is worth ($7,460). Because of this engine design flaw, I recommend that no one purchase the Volkswagen CC (or any other Volkswagen model) with the 2.0 Liter TDI engine."

This car has been the most fun.

By on Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Pros: "Awesome to drive"

Cons: "With air on poor pick up"

"I looked at this car for a long time before I bought it. I chose this year because of the changes to the tail lights. Everywhere I go people stop to look and point. This is not a common car seen on the road. The speed and agility is amazing. When the turbo kicks in the car really takes off. It is German engineering at it's best."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, good value, high quality."

"This is a fantastic car, in fact I make excuses to go out and drive it. The interior is great and the styling is very similar to the gorgeous 75000 merc cls for 40000 less. Excellent handling and explosive acceleration from the 2.0t. The guy at the carwash actually came and greeted me by saying "wow this is a nice mercedes!" to which i had to correct ha. By the way the I have the R-line, which has a little different cosmetic touches, very attractive."

Very nice car for the price.

By on Friday, November 30, 2012

Pros: "Beautiful, well made, fun to drive."

Cons: "Narrow seats, premium fuel."

Love the Thunder alloy wheels.

"I love this car. It's good looking, the interior is well made with quality materials. There are plenty of details, like the glove box being lined and the hood not requiring a prop rod, that I probably wouldn't have missed but reflect the effort put into the design. It handles very well and the car never feels underpowered despite the relatively small engine. My only complaints are the narrow seats which can be uncomfortable on long trips and that it requires premium fuel."

Love the Thunder alloy wheels.

Awesome - German Engr without the high price tag

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "Best value of any car I've owned"

Cons: "Tall or large people may not fit well"

"Stylish exterior and elegant interior; Fun to drive, tight handling; Quiet, even when cruising 90 mph; Runs fine with regular gas; Serviced at 10k intervals, no other trips to the dealer; Comfortable seats, great ride."

Love everything about this car!

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

"This is my third VW Passat, first CC and I absolutely love the way it drives, handles and definitely the way it looks. Not a week has gone by over the past two years without a complete stranger telling me how much they like the look of the car. Overall, an incredible value for the money."

This is one of the best we ever had!

By on Thursday, October 06, 2011

Pros: "Price, MPG, style, luxury, quality and reliability"

Cons: "No cons. None. Zip. Nada."

"Great looking, comfortable, smooth shifts, excellent handling,super mileage, exquisite road trip car. You could not go wrong with the CC."

Great Value

By on Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"I recently purchased a 2009 CC VR6 Sport. I have been very pleased with the purchase coming from an Acura TL Type S. The car is a great cross section between sport, luxury and functional sedan. The car handles wonderfully, is very comfortable even on long trips and is a real eye catcher. The only complaints I have are that the navigation system has a bit of a lag which can take a while to enter a destination and that there are no handles above the door (no where to hang dry cleaning). Needless to say, if those are the worst complaints I can find this is a very nice automobile. I compared the CC with the Infiniti G37, Lexus ES, BMW 3 series and the new Acura TL and it was by far the best car for the money in my opinion."

One of the best cars I ever owned

By on Thursday, June 06, 2013

Pros: "so many great features included in base price"

Cons: "With Manual 6 Speed, Gears are close together"

"Many years ago I owned a VW Jetta. Many issues. So I wasn't sure if I truly wanted this car. But now owning it for nearly 3 years.... one of the best most reliable cars I ever owned. Other then bringing it in once a year for servicing, I have had no issues. Two things I would change Back seat only has room for two (I think newer modle now supports 3 When using Blue-Tooth, volume of system is very loud... must turn down volume when placing "a command". Once connected to my party, must then turn volume up"

Great car for a great price

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012