2012 Volkswagen CC

Based on 172 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

This is one of the best we ever had!

By on Thursday, October 06, 2011

Pros: "Price, MPG, style, luxury, quality and reliability"

Cons: "No cons. None. Zip. Nada."

"Great looking, comfortable, smooth shifts, excellent handling,super mileage, exquisite road trip car. You could not go wrong with the CC."

Great Value

By on Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"I recently purchased a 2009 CC VR6 Sport. I have been very pleased with the purchase coming from an Acura TL Type S. The car is a great cross section between sport, luxury and functional sedan. The car handles wonderfully, is very comfortable even on long trips and is a real eye catcher. The only complaints I have are that the navigation system has a bit of a lag which can take a while to enter a destination and that there are no handles above the door (no where to hang dry cleaning). Needless to say, if those are the worst complaints I can find this is a very nice automobile. I compared the CC with the Infiniti G37, Lexus ES, BMW 3 series and the new Acura TL and it was by far the best car for the money in my opinion."

Buyer Beware - The Volkswagon CC

By on Thursday, August 13, 2015

Pros: "Good looking, great handling, fun to drive."

Cons: "The timing chain tensioner has a design flaw."

"I bought a 2009 Volkswagen CC Sport with the 2.0 Liter TDI engine brand new. I really liked the looks, the finish, and the driving performance of the car. However, the engine timing chain tensioner has a design flaw that will cause it to collapse (read fail). When the timing chain tensioner fails, it results in catastrophic damage to the engine often requiring the replacement of the entire engine at a cost of many thousands of dollars. These failures have occurred at a wide range of total mileage but, according to my research, most often occur above 60,000 miles. Coincidentally, 60,000 miles is when the warranty expires. I became aware of this basic design flaw in the engine because this failure just happened to me. I am now faced with towing the car to the junk yard because the engine replacement actually costs more than the car is worth ($7,460). Because of this engine design flaw, I recommend that no one purchase the Volkswagen CC (or any other Volkswagen model) with the 2.0 Liter TDI engine."

One of the best cars I ever owned

By on Thursday, June 06, 2013

Pros: "so many great features included in base price"

Cons: "With Manual 6 Speed, Gears are close together"

"Many years ago I owned a VW Jetta. Many issues. So I wasn't sure if I truly wanted this car. But now owning it for nearly 3 years.... one of the best most reliable cars I ever owned. Other then bringing it in once a year for servicing, I have had no issues. Two things I would change Back seat only has room for two (I think newer modle now supports 3 When using Blue-Tooth, volume of system is very loud... must turn down volume when placing "a command". Once connected to my party, must then turn volume up"

Great car for a great price

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"Average 35mpg/hwy"

One of the Best Purchases Ever

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "Everything"

"From the ground up this has by far been my best purchase ever! Far exceeding the mph stated on both highway and in town this stylish car has yielded more compliments than any other I have owned as well as made driving not only fun, but comfortable and dependable on all levels! A 5 star car!"

Totally blown away

By on Monday, January 09, 2012

Pros: "gorgeous. audi ride. interior is amazing."

Cons: "unless you need a fifth seat......nothing"

"Bottom line: This car competes visually and performance-wise with all the luxury cars 50K and up. I just wish VW had a cooler front and back emblem. The giant VW is a little bit of a drag. They need to change it. it actually detracts from the absolute gorgeous lines and design of the car. It rides as well as any Mercedes or Jag I've ever owned. My wife and I are pretty blown away."

Awesome Car

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pros: "Looks, features, price"

Cons: "You can only get the manual in the base model"

"I have the 6 speed manual sport edition. Only problem I have with the car in 2 years of ownership was a short in the Ipod cable, which was easily replaced by the dealership. The 6 speed manual is a fantastic transmission mated with the turbo 4. Very smooth with the right amount of power off the line. I get tons of complements on this car, more than any other car I've ever owned. Right now, if I had to get myself a new car, I'd get a new CC."

Best car I've owned so far!

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, very sporty and stylish"

Cons: "Gas type"

"This is a car thats fun to drive, beautiful to look at and easy to own. I have been driving this car for two years now and still love it as much as the day I drove off the lot. It is very confortable of long drives, handles well on hills, curves...you name it. LOVE THIS CAR :)"

By on Tuesday, November 09, 2010

"bought a 2010 VW cc r-line about 3 months ago and couldnt be happier with the purchase. i love this car more and more everyday. from the slick exterior design to the comofrt on the inside. only change would be that the back window should be one piece. but that is my only idea for change on the cc. other than that it is an over all amazingly beautiful and FUN to drive car! would recommend to anyone as i already do! p.s.. gets crazy attention from the ladies"

Fantastic Car

By on Thursday, August 12, 2010

"A wonderful car, that is both a joy to drive and one of the best values out there in its class. The styling is out of this world, I get looks every day, most from people who are incredulous that it is a VW! The interior is both luxurious looking and comfortable. Performance is well above average, and the ride is smooth and refined. Could not be happier with my decision to purchase the CC!"

Most Fun to Drive

By on Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"I have had my 2009 cc for a year now. It is my fourth VW but by far the best one I have ever owned. It is a blast to drive, it's great looking and I get comments on it every time I park in a public setting. It drives like a sports car with a luxury car feel. Best Part: I am AVERAGING 31 MPG all the time! What a great combination of style, fun, power, looks comfort and economy... VW nailed this one."

VW CC Sport

By on Sunday, August 08, 2010

"This is an updated review for '10 VW CC Sport. I have driven this car for about 4 months now with around 3.5k on it right now. So far the car has been great, it gets a lot of attention everywhere and drives like a fine German car should. Fuel economy is decent, but I never expected hybrid fuel economy. Note, the ride is firm with its sport suspension which provides great handling. The 6 speed manual operates flawlessly, the turbo has a little lag, but provides very nice acceleration and better fuel economy when needed; 4 cyl, 2.0 L Turbo does feel like a V-6 and the sleek design of the car provides a road hugging feeling. The car comes with a lot of cool features that come standard. To sum it up this car is like a really hot girlfriend that you can't take your eyes off of, period."

awesome vehicle

By on Saturday, May 29, 2010

"handles very well. alot of power for a 4 cylinder vehicle. nice looks"

Owner of the best car ever

By on Tuesday, March 16, 2010

"Yessir this is the car that made me give up a benz! It drives better and is priced less!!! I love german engineering lol"

Beautiful car

By on Tuesday, October 06, 2009

"We just bought a new 2009 CC and it is a beauty! It handles and rides very well. I love the way it handles the road. I hope it lasts us for a while. I am impressed with the 3 year maintenance program. Ask me after we have owned it about 8 years and I will have more to say."

After 2 weeks of ownership

By on Wednesday, September 16, 2009

"My VR6 Sport is surprisingly powerful and agile. The gas miles is great. I am getting about 22.9 miles to the gallon running premium. I just filled up with mid grade to test mileage difference. The only complaints I have at this time is that the owners manual needs to be re-written in a better format of instruction. I left the lights on. Totally my fault. But getting the car open and then getting to the battery was quite interesting to say the least. This is my second week of ownership. I will be back in a few weeks to further add comments."

Value Packed

By on Sunday, July 19, 2009

"This car has all the bells and whistles of the higher end luxury vehicles, but at a much lower price, without losing the quality and performance expected from Volkswagon. I have been so happy with this vehicle I cant sleep at night because, I want to go drive it some more."

Great Vehicle

By on Friday, July 17, 2009

"I am glad I purchased this auto instead of any other. Runs great and runs very quite. VW has made an great car. My wife loves it. Great trip car. If you are looking for great value and style, buy this car. Looks very similar to the new mercedes and bmw. Go VW!!"

Fun car & economical on fuel..

By on Wednesday, November 12, 2008

"I've only owned this car a month, and enjoy driving it a lot. It's a real fun car with plenty of power, it corners well, and has a great suspension system. Fuel milage is very good - about 27 mpg all around, and 30s on the highway so far (it needs more mileage to break in). I've also received many comments about it's neat new style. Many folks think it's an expensive luxury car!!"

If you love VWs you'll love the CC

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pros: "VW knows how to treat the driver!"

Cons: "If you have to be the carpool driver."

"Nothing tells me more about how a car compares to others than when my friends that own BMWs and Jaguars drive it and love it. VW did a great job with the design and performance of this CC. I only purchased the base 2.0 turbo 4cyl and it performs as expected. The gas mileage is better than reported. I get almost 40 MPG during my 35 mile freeway trip from work (at 60 MPH) a little less if I go faster but not much. I typicaly get 34-38 during that trip. Also, my city mileage is in the high 20's consistently. I owned a 2003 VW Passat prior to this car and I would continue to own VWs as long as they continue to cater to the drivers and not worry about everyone else in the car (who by the way do not make the car payments), like the american manufacturers. Keep it up VW!"

Great Car Except 1 Thing

By on Tuesday, December 08, 2009

"I got my VW CC Luxury Edition in June 2009, and have enjoyed pretty much everything about it, ... except for one thing: Driving when it rains. The angle of the rear window doesn't allow for sufficient drainage of water. The beads of water just stand or barely run (even at 60+ MPH). To make matters worse, the design of the side rearview mirrors also allows these to collect water and not let it run off. So, there is all kinds of "standing water" on the car when it rains, which causes some safety concerns since you don't have the best view looking behind you when it rains. And this is even with the use of windshield treatment products."

Exciting Car To Drive

By on Sunday, August 02, 2009

"I absolutely love my CC! It is unlike anything I've ever driven. I don't like driving a car everyone else has. When I look into buying a new vehicle, I much prefer vehicles that are rarely seen around, but look fantastic. The CC definitely fits the bill. My husband is 6'7" and the front leg/head room is unbelievable. He is more comfortable in my car than his full size truck. We recently took a trip to the Midwest and got over 550 miles per tank. My only criticism is there should have been more options for wheels. Although I love the design of the wheels that came with the car, VW should have chromed them. With all the exterior chrome detailing it would have made more sense. I'm currently looking to have them chromed. I am so happy to be a part of the VW family! I'm 100% certain my husband would buy one too if we didn't need a truck for pulling our boat and camper."

DREAM VW

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "true comfort coupe, large trunk luxury in and out"

Cons: "have to be heavy foot for DSG trans"

"After owning 4 Jetta & 2 Passat the CC is a new ball game. have a 2011 CC Lux and still being asked "what kind of car is that? its gorgeous". From backup camera in the VW badge to hid headlights that turn with the steering, makes a dad like myself feel like James Bond as my kids would say. But on the buyers side, just the quality for the price is worth it (used is best priced). Its a true German car and you feel it from the time you close the door(only Vw car still made in Germany. this machine handles and performs better than I ever expected (2.0t is a beast) DSG trans can be sluggish on the takeoff if your not heavy foot like i am, but wait for it, wait for it, then WOW. if your looking for a sexy coupe with the versatility of four doors, then the CC is it. Benz started the 4door coupe with the CLS (too big) but VW nailed it with the CC. then Benz rethought it this year with the CLA, smaller to take out the CC but not good enough. Was shocked when my bud and i switch cars one weekend his 2014 CLA for my 2011 CC and i want my CC back so bad and he was just having too much fun driving it. NOT bashing Benz but CLA is not a Benz. CC is the way to go"

Like floating on air; at least on highway driving

By on Sunday, July 10, 2011

Cons: "I wish the Lux could come in manual transmission; could only go as high as an R-Line."

"I have an R-Line 6sp manual transmission, Iron Gray, w/ 18in. wheels. My overall experience thus far after 1.5 months is excellent. The sport suspension is a little stiff in neighborhood driving; rough roads are felt but not uncomfortable. With the sport suspension, this is to be expected. The low beams following my turns are a nice feature (safety-wise and looks). The leatherette interior is very good; which I used Lexol to add more UV and dust protection. The trunk is very spacious and with the velcro blocks I can secure storage with ease. Auto-tinting rear-view mirror is a dream come true. Engine power is second-to-none from a value perspective and with a VW, the interior sound driving on the highay is very low (and appreciated). I suspect the difference between the CC and the Sonata, aside from some style changes and pricing is the interior sound. Ample space to store small belongings."