2012 Volkswagen CC

Based on 169 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Great on the highway

By on Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pros: "Perfect car for long drives"

Cons: "Expensive"

"I bought my CC Lux Plus three months ago and took the whole family across the country. Loved every minute of it. This car is great on the highway. City driving is less fun, there is some sort of delay when you step on the gas but on the highway you can accelerate easily. The seats are comfortable but very low to the ground making it hard to get out. I wish my model had air in the seats (there's holes for air but no air) but I think that option is available. It is like driving a luxury car without the big sticker on it that screams luxury. Understated, beautiful and fun to drive."

FUN CAR WITH GREAT LOOKS

By on Friday, September 14, 2012

Pros: "Performance, gas mileage and great looks."

Cons: "Access for tall people and hard seats."

"Love the car. It gets excellent gas mileage and has tremendous acceleration. On freeways have gotten 38 mpg. When turbo kicks in, it really goes and it does it without fuss. The DSG 6- speed (double clutch) transmission is one of the reasons it gets such good gas mileage on the highway. When the car was parked last week in the paddock at Elkhart Lake, the CC got more attention than my vintage car. It is a fantastic, high performance automobile - especially for the money. There are a couple of downsides ... It might be difficult for entry and exit, if one is more than 6ft-2. That is due to the coupe design and the lower roof line. While the seats are great looking and very supportive, they get a little hard on longer trips."

Will buy another & another & another...

By on Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pros: "SAFE;GREATmpg;turn small area EASY;unique interior"

Cons: "No backup/parallel park help/brakeslow if 2 close"

"BEAUTIFUL exterior/interior - interior is beige & black on seats, etc. Drives smoothly; low noise from other cars. Has a roll bar, front and side windows all have airbags and anti skid brakes so if raining & you take a sharp turn the car won't roll over -feel VERY safe!! EASILY does "turn arounds" in small areas. Get approximately 24-25 mpg intown and 37-38 mpg interstate. 45,000 miles on it now - have never had a mechanical problem (had the Passat prior to this for 3 years - the Passat CC is better on mileage). WISH IT HAD: Factory installed bluetooth where can press "phone" button on steering wheel; navigation system w/rear camera & "help" to parallel park; if too close to car in front of you car will slow down automatically; moon roof that slides open - NOT angle "up" 4 inches. Apparently 2013 model will have all features."

Best vehicle I have EVER owned!!!!

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "awesome price, great quality, safe"

Cons: "no rear middle seat or seatbelt for 4th passenger"

"The only complaint I have about my 2012 CC Sport is that there are only 2 rear seats with no seatbelt for a 4th passenger due to the built-in cupholders. I would prefer the rear cupholders to be located inside the middle seat console that is easily pulled down or left up."

CC stands for Cool Car!

By on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Pros: "Looks, feel, fuel economy is ~26-28mpg hwy"

Cons: "4 seater, not a con for me maybe for some"

"I have had many cars and I have liked all of them, this car, I actually say "I love it". It is sleek and sexy. The 2.0T is quick and responsive, my girlfriend says she loves driving my car, she drives a Nissan. My kids asked me what "CC" stood for and I told them "Cool Car"... Talk about looks inside and outside, very asthetically pleasing to the senses. I love the two tone interior. Only drawback is the bucket seats in the rear, but I can live with this. It is a 4 seater. I was parallel parking one day, and this guy was standing next to his Beamer. I thought to myself, dude, I am not going to hit your Beamer. Actually he was just waiting for me to get out of my CC to ask me questions about my CC. In a nutshell, VW has built a fabulous car, go test drive one and see for yourself. I am a proud owner."

Best car I've ever owned.

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "Incredibly safe in all weather conditions."

Cons: "Should have gotten model with backup camera."

"4Motion V-6 is awesome in all weather conditions. In rain and snow the car handles like on dry pavement. Trip mileage is around 28-29 mpg at 80 mph. OE tires lasted 40k miles. Have driven 600 miles nonstop with no driver fatigue. Car feels solid. Have had many people comment on how beautiful the car is and since VW put no model badging on the car, many ask what model and some have compared it to a Mercedes CLS that cost 3 times as much. Local VW dealership has provided top-notch service."

2012 CC Lux Limited

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pros: "Style, comforfort, performance, economy and value."

Cons: "Four seats and low truck height might be an issue."

"This is one terrific car! Interior and exterior styling is outstanding compared to the mundane appearance of many cars these days. Comfort and performance are excellent. The turbo charged 4 cylinder engine feels like 175HP in typical driving but feels like 260HP when needed. I am averaging 28 MPG driving locally in what can be described as light, suburban traffic with half of my trips being about 3 miles back and forth from the supermarket. I admit to making an effort to maximize mileage. When the car was picked up there was a 250 mile drive home. At 60 MPH the car got 35 MPG. I think anyone should be able to meet the sticker mileage except in heavy, city traffic. This car is a bit smaller than many direct competitors. In practical terms this means it seats four comfortably. The trunk is not very tall but the depth is good and the rear seats can fold down. Interior materials are first rate and everything is conveniently located. Some of the controls on the steering wheel stalks take a little bit of getting use to but any new car will have some learning curve. I have had mostly high end German luxury cars and while this car is clearly not in that category, I do feel right at home with the CC. One little aside is that my last car was a MB ML500 SUV. I always had to take it to the car wash for cleaning. With the CC I find I can easily wash the car myself, savings me a couple of hundred dollars a year in car washes and I need the exercise!"

I love this car

By on Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pros: "Fast, great handling, fun to drive"

Cons: "Insurance is higher than I expected on this car"

"VW's seem to have a reputation of being really good or really bad. This is my 4th and by far my favorite. Moved up from the TDI Jetts. Miss the great MPG the Jetta gave me but the performance of the CC 4Motion is incredible. If I drive it nicely, 70 or slower :( , I can get 28 to 30 MPG. If I drive it like it was meant to be driven its more like 22 MPG. 10K miles between oil changes and scheduled maintenance. Have had no issues with this car at all. Would highly reccomend to anyone that is bored with driving their car. It is fun to drive again....."

Great car for under $35k

By on Friday, September 16, 2011

Pros: "Fun car, attractive, good bang for the buck"

Cons: "trunk space is deep but not tall, 4 seater"

"I have had my 2010 VW CC Sport Turbo for 2 years now and overall, it has been a good car. While searching for which car to buy, I compared many like the BMW, Mercedes, Nissan, etc.. withing the same price range and found that VW gave more options for the dollar."

Suprisingly fun and sporty car for a sedan

By on Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Pros: "a steal at the sticker price"

Cons: "no sunroof option"

"I have had my CC Sport for about two months now and I must say it's one of the most positive surprises I've ever had in a purchase. The car felt great during the test drive, but that just didn't do it justice. Owning it and driving it for the last few months, everything about the car has grown on me. The VW engineers did a fabulous job on fit and finish, and the engine sips gas when I want it to (and burns it fast when I want it to also). The dealer (who also has an Audi store) tells me that the CC is an Audi A4 in a front-wheel drive configuration with the VW sheet metal, for what that's worth. It feels like it. ...and shhhh, don't tell my wife, but my kids love the "Launch Control" function (that VW lifted from their Porsche brethren). The thing rockets off the line like no 4-cylinder (and few 6's) I've ever driven when you use it. The only downside is that because of the curved roof, a sunroof isn't available. Too bad. Highly recommend it if you are looking at any vehicle of similar size."