2011 Volkswagen CC

Based on 180 Ratings for the 2009 - 2016 models.

This is an amazing automobile.

By on Saturday, May 12, 2012

Pros: "Excellent value....great German performance."

Cons: "Low roofline...tough getting in."

"This has been one of the most enjoyable automobiles I've ever owned. It performs like a BMW or Audi but for about half the price. The fit and finish are excellent and the looks quite stunning. The turbo four cylinder engine provides both economy (average 34 mpg on hightway) and power when needed. The only slight negative is the low roofline.....I'm 6-1 and have a little difficulty climbing into the cockpit. But once seated very comfortable."

I love this Car!

By on Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pros: "awesome in every way! Fun to drive"

"This is the most awesome car. I don't think I will ever go back to driving American Made vehicles. Comfort, ease of handling, stylish. Love the turbos, can feel them kick in and off you go! The car has awesome pick up and go. It makes driving fun! People stare at my car & ask what it is. In my area CC's aren't very popular. In fact, I have one of the first in my town!"

THE BEST!

By on Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pros: "quality for price, fun to drive, gorgeous, MPG g8t"

Cons: "Low seating, visibility compromised w/ low roof"

"Excellent road car with a very sexy exterior. Get 36 MPG on road trips. Adore this vehicle. It is so well made, substantial and very stylish. Compliments galore on the beauty of this car. Driving is a dream with my CC. My first Volkswagen product and it will not be my last!"

Nice

By on Friday, July 5, 2013

Pros: "Style, pricing, economy"

Cons: "Transmission hesitation when in stop position."

"Great gas mileage and above avg power. Transmission hesitates from stop position. I was told this is the old race car tranny and it's normal. Comfort is avg, but does have lumbar switch which helps. Overall I like the car for it's style, handling and gas mileage. If your going for looks at a modest price, it's a great choice. If you enjoy the above, but demand more comfort and smooth ride, get an Audi and spend a lot more money. Bottom line, it's German engineering which is always a plus!"

Best Vehicle Ever - Upgrading to newer CC soon!

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "Great features for the price."

Cons: "Hanger hooks are inconvenient and impractical."

"Luck would have it that back in 2009 I was ready to purchase my first BMW (pre-owned 500-series); but instead drove away in a brand new VW CC. What an awesome car! I went with the manual transmission (6-speed) for some fun. It drives beautifully! Hugs the road, turns easily, accelerates on a dime...everything you would expect from a sports sedan. What I didn't expect was the luxury features that come with the "standard" model. Dual power/heated front seats, excellent 6-CD/MP3 AM/FM/Satellite audio system, all power windows, with plenty of leg room in the rear seats. And it drives smoothly and quietly (while still offering that "sports car" feel). I will definitely upgrade to the new 2012 model this year!"

Quality and Comfort for reasonable price

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "quality, handling and driveability"

Cons: "interior back seat limited to two passengers"

"I have ridden in a $65000 car, and the creature comforts are no different. Wood trim and leather don't feel different, they stroke your ego. This is a quick reliable ride. Maintenance problems have been zero..and everything is covered for three years. A very responsive drive train, and the six speed automatic with three shift options is totally awesome. Negative?- silly two passenger back seat with a divide..the dog hates it"

Lovely affordable sport/luxury car and good on gas

By on Sunday, January 6, 2013

"Great car! Best I've owned so far. Lovely affordable sport/luxury car and good on gas. The way it looks is sleek, dynamic and hot. The 2.0T motor mated to the 6-speed DSG tranny is really dynamic. Corners well, quiet inside, nice options. Truly a great car. Drawbacks: although the sound system is decent to good, I would've preferred the "Fender" sound system, but this is not offered as a separate option. Also, the 2 seats in the rear are sporty and has a nice console in the center, but should probably have 3 seats in the backseat(s)."

So far, so good.

By on Friday, October 26, 2012

Pros: "Style,comfort,performance,value"

Cons: "can get pricey in Lux or Executive trim."

"Just bought a new '13 CC Sport Plus, only 600 miles so far, but all is well. I prefer the new refreshed styling versus the '09-'12 CC, looks more upscale to me. These cars are fun to drive without being too thirsty, have unique styling without a total loss of function. In fact it's a more useful/functional car than I expected,try the back seat, it's good place to be. There are a number of nifty comfort/convenience features that often get eliminated from volume mid-size sedans to cut costs. Among "entry-luxury" sedans I think the CC is tough to beat."

Great car to drive, look at and be seen in

By on Friday, July 8, 2011

Pros: "Styling, inside and outside, touchscreen audio, driving experience, little luxury touches"

Cons: "limited color options, packaged options and trims instead of individual option choices"

"VW hit a home run with this car. I priced out a Sonata, IS250, G35 and Regal. None felt as good as this car or offer as much bang for the buck. I really love the syling of the exterior. The interior is simple and elegant and look more expensive than it is.If I had to make suggestions for improvement, I would like to see more choices in options like the Dynaudio sound system for the entry model and up, more exciting color options and a diesel option. This is a great car to drive. It feels solid. I made a great decision to get this car."

Don't get scammed

By on Friday, September 25, 2009

"VW website says CC Luxury comes with dual zone climate control. What they don't say is that it is not standard in the 2010 only in the 2009. Discovered this after taking delivery and VW says website is incorrect but will not adjust for the problem. Buyer beware and check with dealer before purchase."

Beautiful to look at, fun to drive.

By on Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive and looks more expensive than it is."

Cons: "It takes a while to adjust to some of the controls"

"I have a CC Sport with the 2.0L turbo and 6 speed manual. I just returned from a round trip drive from Northern Ohio to Florida, with four adults and luggage for a week. The car was comfortable and never felt under powered. The CC is fun to drive and very well equipped for the price. We have no complaints about the rear visibility or the rear seat. The car is beautiful on the outside and the interior is well designed with good quality materials and plenty of amenities."

Best vehicle I've ever owned.

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Fantastic bang for the buck."

"Great gas mileage, sporty and fast."

great car; fun to drive but kills drinks the gas!

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

"My wife and I Lease this car and love it. If you have the money to not worry about gas prices and want a fun sexy looking car, this one is well worth it. Pros: nice pick-up, sexy curves, head lights move when you turn the wheel, big trunk with fold down middle. Cons: insurance is expensive, uses premium gas, aux input is in the middle of arm rest and ipod connector is in the glove box."

What a sexy thing!!

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "This car is sexy and fast!"

Cons: "Headlights need to go off when parked and key in."

"I was test driving many cars and went out on limb to drive the cc VW. I fell in love with the car instantly!! The comfort and feel in the drivers seat was not like anything else..I LOVE THIS CAR!! The drive is smooth and maneuvering is slick. I am not sure on reliability, since I have had it only 4 months, so gave it a 9. It was used so the value was right in my budget...thank you to the previous owner for taking such great care of this vehicle."

A Strong 9.5, Best Vehicle Ever

By on Friday, August 30, 2013

Pros: "value, fun to drive, design, lots of storage"

Cons: "So far none at all"

"I bought my CC used as a lease return with very low mileage. It has been everything I wanted and more especially for the price paid. I love the handling for a larger VW, gas mileage, pickup, looks and fit and finish. I was concerned about it being a first-year early production model by my fears have vanished. I shopped for a manual shift and could not find another finer."

Very good vehicle for its price

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "Great price,lux interior, leather, fun drive"

Cons: "multimedia system has wierd navigation"

"Great car. Every time somebody seats in it first time, you will hear "Wow! Interior is awesome!" I've two tone one so it gives extra A+ credit. It is also pretty comfortable. Even for 6.4'' person sitting at the back sit with same tall driver. Driving is good and sufficiently dynamic. From thing that can be better - more powerful engine would be nice to have more push. But this is cause I like driving fast and dynamic. Car still can easily overpower basic Camaro. Plus: excellent interior and exterior. 4/5 engine Minus: not so good multimedia system -sometime navigation in menus is odd."

Excellent All-Rounder

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "large trunk, unique style, sporty"

Cons: "practicality, fuel economy, cost"

"This car perfectly combines a sporty and fun driving experience as well as a comfortable and luxurious ride. The VR6 model with 4Motion I purchased is excellent in snow and has ample amounts of power. The sleek styling makes this the perfect choice for anyone debating on purchasing a coupe or a sedan. The car has the look of a 2 door coupe but has the practicality of a 4 door sedan. Interior is also very high quality and features premium material. The dash and the areas on the doors are soft padded material with leather seats and steering wheel. The trunk, although low in height, is very deep. Rear leg room is also good but headroom as well as getting in and out of the back seat can be an issue for people 6' or taller. Overall, even with the high cost as well as higher fuel costs, this is an excellent car for people looking for a unique, stylish, luxurious, and powerful sedan."

Nice car but dissappointing front end for 2013

By on Sunday, December 2, 2012

Pros: "2.0L turbo engin, DSG, bi-zenon and DRL LED lights"

Cons: "Lame front end"

"MY 2009 - 2012 were nice. You get upgraded to bi-zenon and DRL LED lights for 2013. However, the redesigned front end looks identical to a regular Passat -- very disappointing. I should have picked up a 2012 CC instead. I previously owned a 2009 CC -- beautiful car."

2012 CC Lux Limited

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pros: "Style, comforfort, performance, economy and value."

Cons: "Four seats and low truck height might be an issue."

"This is one terrific car! Interior and exterior styling is outstanding compared to the mundane appearance of many cars these days. Comfort and performance are excellent. The turbo charged 4 cylinder engine feels like 175HP in typical driving but feels like 260HP when needed. I am averaging 28 MPG driving locally in what can be described as light, suburban traffic with half of my trips being about 3 miles back and forth from the supermarket. I admit to making an effort to maximize mileage. When the car was picked up there was a 250 mile drive home. At 60 MPH the car got 35 MPG. I think anyone should be able to meet the sticker mileage except in heavy, city traffic. This car is a bit smaller than many direct competitors. In practical terms this means it seats four comfortably. The trunk is not very tall but the depth is good and the rear seats can fold down. Interior materials are first rate and everything is conveniently located. Some of the controls on the steering wheel stalks take a little bit of getting use to but any new car will have some learning curve. I have had mostly high end German luxury cars and while this car is clearly not in that category, I do feel right at home with the CC. One little aside is that my last car was a MB ML500 SUV. I always had to take it to the car wash for cleaning. With the CC I find I can easily wash the car myself, savings me a couple of hundred dollars a year in car washes and I need the exercise!"

Great car for under $35k

By on Friday, September 16, 2011

Pros: "Fun car, attractive, good bang for the buck"

Cons: "trunk space is deep but not tall, 4 seater"

"I have had my 2010 VW CC Sport Turbo for 2 years now and overall, it has been a good car. While searching for which car to buy, I compared many like the BMW, Mercedes, Nissan, etc.. withing the same price range and found that VW gave more options for the dollar."

Customer service FAIL

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "good exterior"

Cons: "TERRIBLE gas mileage, lousy torque, erratic shift"

my last average with 10 gallons...the previous was 17.4mpg. Thanks VW

"I owned the previous model, 2010 with a manual. Loved it, but because of issues with my back had to switch for the automatic 2013 model. Liked the exterior design (the interior is exactly the same) and i got the same price so i took the chance. The salesman told me the gas mileage is slightly worse, about 10% lower than the stick shift. As you can see from the photos, this car gets me 17-18 mpg. The sticker says 22mpg. After 3000 miles they found a problem w the gearbox and replaced a chip. It seemed to be working much better but then i noticed lag in shifting and downshifting by itself, especially at pulling up to a light. I took the car to the dealer, he checked and said it was the chip again reseting itself every time i start the car. And now, it started to burn through gas as if it's a truck. I take it to the dealer and they say they've checked everything but it's all fine, that i'm probably driving too aggressively. I live in Miami and drive clients in my car so driving fast or erratic isn't an option. On top of it, they won't give me a loaner car so i have to stay in the dealer for 4-5 hours every time. And to top it off, they call me after i complain to check and tell me AGAIN that everything has been checked and i am exaggerating. So i did a little bit of a test this past month, and as you can see, the car's own system is showing i'm right. This is the first time i've left a review, and at this point don't even care what the final result is. I will likely get rid of this car one way or another, get the lease bought out from one of your competitors. But i will also make sure EVERYONE finds out about the treatment that i've received. Youtube, Facebook, my area of influence, i'll even put a sign on my balcony if i have to. I am done with you."

my last average with 10 gallons...the previous was 17.4mpg. Thanks VW

I have really liked the CC model, now need AW.

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

"The CC has been very reliable, and also a very nice looking car. The turbo helps. I'm just looking for an all wheel drive car now."

Buyer Beware - The Volkswagon CC

By on Thursday, August 13, 2015

Pros: "Good looking, great handling, fun to drive."

Cons: "The timing chain tensioner has a design flaw."

"I bought a 2009 Volkswagen CC Sport with the 2.0 Liter TDI engine brand new. I really liked the looks, the finish, and the driving performance of the car. However, the engine timing chain tensioner has a design flaw that will cause it to collapse (read fail). When the timing chain tensioner fails, it results in catastrophic damage to the engine often requiring the replacement of the entire engine at a cost of many thousands of dollars. These failures have occurred at a wide range of total mileage but, according to my research, most often occur above 60,000 miles. Coincidentally, 60,000 miles is when the warranty expires. I became aware of this basic design flaw in the engine because this failure just happened to me. I am now faced with towing the car to the junk yard because the engine replacement actually costs more than the car is worth ($7,460). Because of this engine design flaw, I recommend that no one purchase the Volkswagen CC (or any other Volkswagen model) with the 2.0 Liter TDI engine."

Love driving this car!

By on Friday, October 24, 2014

Pros: "Fun, sporty, handles well. Affordable"

"This is the most pleasurable car to drive that I have ever driven, and my last two cars were Mercedes. The lease to purchase program was very affordable."

VW CC - Great "luxury" car at a reasonable price!

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, luxurious, beautiful, classy car!"

Cons: "no sunroof, low to the ground and sloped roof line"

"I at am the end of my lease of a 2012 VW CC SE 4 door, White Gold Metallic. Great vehicle, great value at a reasonable price. This car was frequently mistaken for a Mercedes 350. I will be leasing another VW probably a 2014 Tiguan R-Line. I have been driving VW's since 1995, leased the last three VW's. I think I love VW's :)"