2011 Volkswagen CC

Based on 180 Ratings for the 2009 - 2016 models.

Fantastic Car

By on Thursday, August 12, 2010

"A wonderful car, that is both a joy to drive and one of the best values out there in its class. The styling is out of this world, I get looks every day, most from people who are incredulous that it is a VW! The interior is both luxurious looking and comfortable. Performance is well above average, and the ride is smooth and refined. Could not be happier with my decision to purchase the CC!"

Most Fun to Drive

By on Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"I have had my 2009 cc for a year now. It is my fourth VW but by far the best one I have ever owned. It is a blast to drive, it's great looking and I get comments on it every time I park in a public setting. It drives like a sports car with a luxury car feel. Best Part: I am AVERAGING 31 MPG all the time! What a great combination of style, fun, power, looks comfort and economy... VW nailed this one."

VW CC Sport

By on Sunday, August 8, 2010

"This is an updated review for '10 VW CC Sport. I have driven this car for about 4 months now with around 3.5k on it right now. So far the car has been great, it gets a lot of attention everywhere and drives like a fine German car should. Fuel economy is decent, but I never expected hybrid fuel economy. Note, the ride is firm with its sport suspension which provides great handling. The 6 speed manual operates flawlessly, the turbo has a little lag, but provides very nice acceleration and better fuel economy when needed; 4 cyl, 2.0 L Turbo does feel like a V-6 and the sleek design of the car provides a road hugging feeling. The car comes with a lot of cool features that come standard. To sum it up this car is like a really hot girlfriend that you can't take your eyes off of, period."

awesome vehicle

By on Saturday, May 29, 2010

"handles very well. alot of power for a 4 cylinder vehicle. nice looks"

Owner of the best car ever

By on Tuesday, March 16, 2010

"Yessir this is the car that made me give up a benz! It drives better and is priced less!!! I love german engineering lol"

Beautiful car

By on Tuesday, October 6, 2009

"We just bought a new 2009 CC and it is a beauty! It handles and rides very well. I love the way it handles the road. I hope it lasts us for a while. I am impressed with the 3 year maintenance program. Ask me after we have owned it about 8 years and I will have more to say."

After 2 weeks of ownership

By on Wednesday, September 16, 2009

"My VR6 Sport is surprisingly powerful and agile. The gas miles is great. I am getting about 22.9 miles to the gallon running premium. I just filled up with mid grade to test mileage difference. The only complaints I have at this time is that the owners manual needs to be re-written in a better format of instruction. I left the lights on. Totally my fault. But getting the car open and then getting to the battery was quite interesting to say the least. This is my second week of ownership. I will be back in a few weeks to further add comments."

Value Packed

By on Sunday, July 19, 2009

"This car has all the bells and whistles of the higher end luxury vehicles, but at a much lower price, without losing the quality and performance expected from Volkswagon. I have been so happy with this vehicle I cant sleep at night because, I want to go drive it some more."

Great Vehicle

By on Friday, July 17, 2009

"I am glad I purchased this auto instead of any other. Runs great and runs very quite. VW has made an great car. My wife loves it. Great trip car. If you are looking for great value and style, buy this car. Looks very similar to the new mercedes and bmw. Go VW!!"

Fun car & economical on fuel..

By on Wednesday, November 12, 2008

"I've only owned this car a month, and enjoy driving it a lot. It's a real fun car with plenty of power, it corners well, and has a great suspension system. Fuel milage is very good - about 27 mpg all around, and 30s on the highway so far (it needs more mileage to break in). I've also received many comments about it's neat new style. Many folks think it's an expensive luxury car!!"

If you love VWs you'll love the CC

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pros: "VW knows how to treat the driver!"

Cons: "If you have to be the carpool driver."

"Nothing tells me more about how a car compares to others than when my friends that own BMWs and Jaguars drive it and love it. VW did a great job with the design and performance of this CC. I only purchased the base 2.0 turbo 4cyl and it performs as expected. The gas mileage is better than reported. I get almost 40 MPG during my 35 mile freeway trip from work (at 60 MPH) a little less if I go faster but not much. I typicaly get 34-38 during that trip. Also, my city mileage is in the high 20's consistently. I owned a 2003 VW Passat prior to this car and I would continue to own VWs as long as they continue to cater to the drivers and not worry about everyone else in the car (who by the way do not make the car payments), like the american manufacturers. Keep it up VW!"

Great Car Except 1 Thing

By on Tuesday, December 8, 2009

"I got my VW CC Luxury Edition in June 2009, and have enjoyed pretty much everything about it, ... except for one thing: Driving when it rains. The angle of the rear window doesn't allow for sufficient drainage of water. The beads of water just stand or barely run (even at 60+ MPH). To make matters worse, the design of the side rearview mirrors also allows these to collect water and not let it run off. So, there is all kinds of "standing water" on the car when it rains, which causes some safety concerns since you don't have the best view looking behind you when it rains. And this is even with the use of windshield treatment products."

2013 CC LUX--Euro Attitude & Road Feel

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pros: "DESIGN, ROAD FEEL, FIT & FINISH, INTERIOR QUALITY"

Cons: "NO REARVIEW CAMERA EXCEPT ON V6; TRICKY VISIBILITY"

"I am a former owner of Audi and Subaru, and this is my first non-AWD car in a long time. After two test drives, the great road feel of the CC sold me. It feels like at Audi but costs thousands less! Unique exterior contours and styling, solid ride, quiet cabin, crisp acceleration, and a sporty drive feel with nicely tuned suspension and a taut German attitude give this car a unique personality. It has an elegant, simply designed interior, zero wind noise and it corners like a sport sedan costing thousands more. Superb looking Euro-designed two-tone upholstery (tan/black) with great back/lumbar support and bolsters, seat heaters and 12-way power seats...although they're not real leather. (At first, I was a little disappointed.) Well-thought out engineering and design features throughout, from the VW CarGo trunk organizer option to the chiller in the glove box and the mini glovebox to the left of the steering wheel (both standard). Simple but easy-to-use navi system, Bluetooth and a decent standard stereo system. I'm 6' feet tall with very long legs and there's no shortage of room for me. Rear a/c vents help cool/warm comfortable rear seats. One thing I wish I could have gotten but couldn't get without upgrading to the unnecessary V6 and that's a back-up camera. This car does present some visibility issues given its low roof line, high trunk, wide center pillar and steeply raked rear window. I've gotten used to it but it is a challenge until you do. I have absolutely no regrets about this purchase. I look for every reason to go for a drive...the longer, the better. Don't even think about buying an A4, a 3 series, a TSX or a G37 until you drive the CC for comparison's sake. (By the way, I didn't rate reliability because I haven't owned the car long enough to know...but so far, so good.)"

Exciting Car To Drive

By on Sunday, August 2, 2009

"I absolutely love my CC! It is unlike anything I've ever driven. I don't like driving a car everyone else has. When I look into buying a new vehicle, I much prefer vehicles that are rarely seen around, but look fantastic. The CC definitely fits the bill. My husband is 6'7" and the front leg/head room is unbelievable. He is more comfortable in my car than his full size truck. We recently took a trip to the Midwest and got over 550 miles per tank. My only criticism is there should have been more options for wheels. Although I love the design of the wheels that came with the car, VW should have chromed them. With all the exterior chrome detailing it would have made more sense. I'm currently looking to have them chromed. I am so happy to be a part of the VW family! I'm 100% certain my husband would buy one too if we didn't need a truck for pulling our boat and camper."

DREAM VW

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "true comfort coupe, large trunk luxury in and out"

Cons: "have to be heavy foot for DSG trans"

"After owning 4 Jetta & 2 Passat the CC is a new ball game. have a 2011 CC Lux and still being asked "what kind of car is that? its gorgeous". From backup camera in the VW badge to hid headlights that turn with the steering, makes a dad like myself feel like James Bond as my kids would say. But on the buyers side, just the quality for the price is worth it (used is best priced). Its a true German car and you feel it from the time you close the door(only Vw car still made in Germany. this machine handles and performs better than I ever expected (2.0t is a beast) DSG trans can be sluggish on the takeoff if your not heavy foot like i am, but wait for it, wait for it, then WOW. if your looking for a sexy coupe with the versatility of four doors, then the CC is it. Benz started the 4door coupe with the CLS (too big) but VW nailed it with the CC. then Benz rethought it this year with the CLA, smaller to take out the CC but not good enough. Was shocked when my bud and i switch cars one weekend his 2014 CLA for my 2011 CC and i want my CC back so bad and he was just having too much fun driving it. NOT bashing Benz but CLA is not a Benz. CC is the way to go"

Like floating on air; at least on highway driving

By on Sunday, July 10, 2011

Cons: "I wish the Lux could come in manual transmission; could only go as high as an R-Line."

"I have an R-Line 6sp manual transmission, Iron Gray, w/ 18in. wheels. My overall experience thus far after 1.5 months is excellent. The sport suspension is a little stiff in neighborhood driving; rough roads are felt but not uncomfortable. With the sport suspension, this is to be expected. The low beams following my turns are a nice feature (safety-wise and looks). The leatherette interior is very good; which I used Lexol to add more UV and dust protection. The trunk is very spacious and with the velcro blocks I can secure storage with ease. Auto-tinting rear-view mirror is a dream come true. Engine power is second-to-none from a value perspective and with a VW, the interior sound driving on the highay is very low (and appreciated). I suspect the difference between the CC and the Sonata, aside from some style changes and pricing is the interior sound. Ample space to store small belongings."

Quiet, stylish

By on Friday, April 9, 2010

"Always owned Honda Accords but with the kids away at college we decided to move into something with a little more style. We could not be happier, the most quiet ride that you could imagine, no outside noise at all and a ride that makes me want to drive and drive and drive. There are so many things that I like about this car I just can't name them all, 100% satisfied with my 1st VW purchase. One other thing, we drove our CC for 3 weeks until we saw another one on the road, awesome."

Nice style entry level euro road car

By on Sunday, March 9, 2014

Pros: "Style, ride, driveability"

Cons: "Dated infotainment, VW reliability record"

"I purchased my 2014 CC Sport just over a month ago. I use it as a daily driver 10 miles one way in the NE U.S. This is my 3rd VW in a row and so far, the one I'm least impressed with. The car looks slick but lost style in the 2013 update in a marketing bid called "branding" that makes most VWs look like each other. Otherwise it's a nice looking car with many nice features and those are easily accessible on the website for comparison. I will say that folks that say VWs are expensive are not comparing comparably equipped cars. Some of my favorite things about this car: V-tex seating, love it! AFS headlights, very nice. Overall dash configuration and fold down rear seats. Steering mounted controls are work great. Bluetooth phone integration is awesome. The ride is realy firm so if your looking for a couch on wheels this isn't it. Driving is easy and the 2.0TSI is plenty responsive. The DSG auto works well with the engine but takes some getting used to for those new to this "automated manual" transmission. Things I don't like: Where oh where did the footwell lights go? 34G and no footwell lights? The dash creaks almost all the time and the dealer said "don't hear it". Drivers dash cubby cut my left hand; dealer said "can't fix it". Radio works well but is dated and lacks features found in cheap domestic cars. iPhone hookup buried in the glovebox. I would buy this car again but after I got one that din't sound like the dash is going to fall out going down the road."

Best VW hands down!

By on Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pros: "Great fun and keeps up with A4's, 3's and C-class"

Cons: "pillar blind spot, storage"

"I've owned the 2010 Sport for 2 years. I have traveled all over Colorado, to Kentucky and back to Northern California. This is the best kept secret in the world. For under $30K I am in the league of A4's, C Class and 3 series. Sport Mode is a dream on the highways and B Roads. I wish they would do one of these on the Jetta platform as the car is a smidge to big for my liking. That being said the only drawback is the pillars a on the big side so keep an eye out on those left turns as it is easy to have someone in that blind spot. This car is neck and neck with my old IS 300 as far as overall fun to drive and comfort. Actually thinking of getting the new one when the lease is up next summer."

Wonderful Auto

By on Saturday, May 28, 2011

Pros: "Sharp, fun to drive, fuel economy"

Cons: "Not a car for large persons, some comfort sacrificed for style."

"As in the world of motorcycles Germany is now setting the standard for performance and affordability in autos which for the past three decades has been dominated by Japan. I have to give Kudos to the U.S. for making great strides in the past 5 years for quiality and value. However, American car makers are not quite where they need to be yet in my eyes. This car has all of the creature comforts you could ask for. It is extremely fun to drive. I agree with the other reviewers who feel that the V6 AWD version is overkill and not worth the substantial decrease in fuel economy and large increase in price. However, if you live in the upper midwest then the added capability may be worth it for the piece of mind for some. Having test driven both engines the only difference is a bit of a smoother torque curve through the rev range, especially at lower rpms. However, the differences between the 4 cyl turbo and the VR6 are minimal. I also found the operating noise to be less in the 4 cyl turbo than the VR6. If you are a fan of German style and engineering and you are not tied to having a certain "badge" on your grill you should be thrilled with this car. My first VW and I doubt it will be my last."

The Beast of the East

By on Monday, April 5, 2010

"This car is the best car i have ever owned!!! I drove the c class benz before i got this and this is much better and the sport that i have gets up in speed"

Love it! Love it! love it!

By on Wednesday, September 9, 2009

"Bought it in April 2009 and coming up on 10,000 miles. Fit and finish is great, handles like a dream and very comfortable on. Approximately 65% of my mileage is highway but so far I have AVERAGED 34 mpg combined city & highway; I consistently get 38 - 40 mpg on job trips of 70 - 90 miles on the NYS Thruway. Love it! Love it! Love it!"

Great vehicle, great looks, good ride, comfortable

By on Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pros: "Looks, ride and more standard features than others"

Cons: "Transmission, touchscreen more difficult than 2010"

"Had a 2010 and loved it. 2010 got better highway milage (36 -37), 2013 gets 29 -30 mpg. We bought a Black 2013 CC Sport Plus which looks and handles better than the 2010. The 18 inch wheels and tires make a big difference, quieter and smoother. Both had 2.0 200 HP Turbo. Plenty of power in the city and highway. Love the new Bi-Xenon self leveling headlights and LED tail lights. Headlights turn up to 15 degrees with the steering. Wife drives it 22 miles each way to work daily and she loves it. She said it is the nicest car she has ever owned. The CC ride is a little stiffer than my 2000 BMW 5 Series but the handling is almost as good. It takes turns like a sportscar. Not real happy with the 6 speed DSG auto transmission w/ Tiptronic. Sometimes it seems not to know what to do. The car comes with everything including auto windshield wipers, self leveling Bi-Xenon headlights, anti slip, anti lock brakes, Electronic Stability Control, 18" alloy wheels, touchscreen nav sys. and audio sys. Heated front seats, heated mirrors, tire pressure monitoring, anti theft alarm with immobilizer theft deterrent and more. Only thing I wish it had is memory seats. Wife is 5'2" and I am 5'11". After she drives I cannot get into the car without adjusting the seats. The car has power front seats not like Japanese cars. Passenger seat adjusts as many positions as the driver seat does. A friend of mine has a CL Benz which I think the VW copied the shape. The front doors in the Benz are much smaller than the CC. I have trouble getting in and out of the Benz but not the CC. The car feels much more expensive than it is. It feels like a sister to the Audi A5 which costs about $12,000 more."

Best car I've ever owned.

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "Incredibly safe in all weather conditions."

Cons: "Should have gotten model with backup camera."

"4Motion V-6 is awesome in all weather conditions. In rain and snow the car handles like on dry pavement. Trip mileage is around 28-29 mpg at 80 mph. OE tires lasted 40k miles. Have driven 600 miles nonstop with no driver fatigue. Car feels solid. Have had many people comment on how beautiful the car is and since VW put no model badging on the car, many ask what model and some have compared it to a Mercedes CLS that cost 3 times as much. Local VW dealership has provided top-notch service."

Sexy, fun, smooth

By on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pros: "Smooth, sophisticated, high-tech, comfortable."

Cons: "Not a car for large people."

"I upgraded to a CC from a Passat, which I loved. The CC put me in the league with the fancier Audi, BMW and Mercedes makes. When the valet would bring my car around at a crowded restaurant, it would turn heads. I bought the Lux Plus, with the full sun/moon roof option. The extra glass on the top just sets the car off beautifully. The car is a joy to drive - my wife best sums it up when she uses it instead of her normal Hyundai Santa Fe - 'your car is so smooth'. It is elegant, sophisticated, high-tech and just plain fun."