2011 Volkswagen CC

Based on 154 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Quality and Comfort for reasonable price

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "quality, handling and driveability"

Cons: "interior back seat limited to two passengers"

"I have ridden in a $65000 car, and the creature comforts are no different. Wood trim and leather don't feel different, they stroke your ego. This is a quick reliable ride. Maintenance problems have been zero..and everything is covered for three years. A very responsive drive train, and the six speed automatic with three shift options is totally awesome. Negative?- silly two passenger back seat with a divide..the dog hates it"

Amazing design

By on Friday, July 12, 2013

"The car is really good."

Cons: "Transmission hesitation when in stop position."

"Great gas mileage and above avg power. Transmission hesitates from stop position. I was told this is the old race car tranny and it's normal. Comfort is avg, but does have lumbar switch which helps. Overall I like the car for it's style, handling and gas mileage. If your going for looks at a modest price, it's a great choice. If you enjoy the above, but demand more comfort and smooth ride, get an Audi and spend a lot more money. Bottom line, it's German engineering which is always a plus!"

Cons: "Transmission hesitation when in stop position."

One of the best cars I ever owned

By on Thursday, June 06, 2013

Pros: "so many great features included in base price"

Cons: "With Manual 6 Speed, Gears are close together"

"Many years ago I owned a VW Jetta. Many issues. So I wasn't sure if I truly wanted this car. But now owning it for nearly 3 years.... one of the best most reliable cars I ever owned. Other then bringing it in once a year for servicing, I have had no issues. Two things I would change Back seat only has room for two (I think newer modle now supports 3 When using Blue-Tooth, volume of system is very loud... must turn down volume when placing "a command". Once connected to my party, must then turn volume up"

Unreliable- stay away

By on Friday, May 31, 2013

Pros: "looks"

Cons: "unreliable"

"I bought this car new in 2009. I will stay away from it, or buy the extended warranty. lots of problems, carbon buildup, chain and chain guard replacemnt... It is very costly car to maintain. stay away"

Great Value Overall

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Polished exterior, Polished Interior, Elegance"

"I'm all about simplicity and COMFORT! If I have to make a fair rating, I would have to say perfect 10. I Have always been into full size sporty sedans, and this one has just about the right touch of class! It drives well, it has all the bells and whistles that I look for, and it is not too gaudy like some Audi, Benz, or BMW. I like how I feel behind this car!!!"

Best Sporty Car...Best Comfort!

By on Sunday, May 12, 2013

Pros: "Pure Class, Sporty, Reliability, Comfort, Mileage"

"Was going to buy a Mercedes C Class...then compared the CC. CC beat the Mercedes hands down. Great German Engineering....Classy Sports Car....Great Mileage....Superior Comfort....! I have back problems and this car has both driver and passenger power lumbar seats that position right where you need it...up down & in and out. Always getting compliments wherever I go. Absolutely Think This Car is GREAT!"

Great vehicle, great looks, good ride, comfortable

By on Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pros: "Looks, ride and more standard features than others"

Cons: "Transmission, touchscreen more difficult than 2010"

"Had a 2010 and loved it. 2010 got better highway milage (36 -37), 2013 gets 29 -30 mpg. We bought a Black 2013 CC Sport Plus which looks and handles better than the 2010. The 18 inch wheels and tires make a big difference, quieter and smoother. Both had 2.0 200 HP Turbo. Plenty of power in the city and highway. Love the new Bi-Xenon self leveling headlights and LED tail lights. Headlights turn up to 15 degrees with the steering. Wife drives it 22 miles each way to work daily and she loves it. She said it is the nicest car she has ever owned. The CC ride is a little stiffer than my 2000 BMW 5 Series but the handling is almost as good. It takes turns like a sportscar. Not real happy with the 6 speed DSG auto transmission w/ Tiptronic. Sometimes it seems not to know what to do. The car comes with everything including auto windshield wipers, self leveling Bi-Xenon headlights, anti slip, anti lock brakes, Electronic Stability Control, 18" alloy wheels, touchscreen nav sys. and audio sys. Heated front seats, heated mirrors, tire pressure monitoring, anti theft alarm with immobilizer theft deterrent and more. Only thing I wish it had is memory seats. Wife is 5'2" and I am 5'11". After she drives I cannot get into the car without adjusting the seats. The car has power front seats not like Japanese cars. Passenger seat adjusts as many positions as the driver seat does. A friend of mine has a CL Benz which I think the VW copied the shape. The front doors in the Benz are much smaller than the CC. I have trouble getting in and out of the Benz but not the CC. The car feels much more expensive than it is. It feels like a sister to the Audi A5 which costs about $12,000 more."

Love the car?! I'm too short; difficult backing up

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pros: "Engineering excellent! Super driving; comfortable"

Cons: "gas milagae; obstructed vision"

"This is one GREAT CAR! Could ride in it forever. I am short and have a lot of difficulty backing up. Sadly My Stallion has had 2 accidents: it was hit on the right side (no frame damage incurred) and I drove it into a flooded street and the engine seized. Each time the insurance company fixed it COMPLETELY. It's missing the rear cap to the tow hook. I plan on purchasing a 7 year extended warranty. Gas milage for city driving is OK. Approximately 30 mpg in highway. If you love the power of a turbo charged engine and have long daily commutes, this car is for you."

CC VR6 could be 'poor man's' A7

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Pros: "Unique styling; Amazing in S mode; Great sound sys"

Cons: "Vibration fr gas pedal; need more supportive seats"

"PROS- Eye catching inside and out/ Great power in S mode/ Awesome sound system/ Impressive handling/ Good car for family with small kids/ Spacious trunk CONS- Vibration/feedback from gas pedal (had a BMW 330ci with 18" rims as well and didn't have that annoyance)/ Could use more side support on drivers seat/ Back up camera not as wide a visual zone as my previous 2009 Maxima/ No sliding sunroof (almost didn't buy car for this reason) (Previous cars Saab, BMW, Maxima as my basis of comparison)"

2013 CC LUX--Euro Attitude & Road Feel

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pros: "DESIGN, ROAD FEEL, FIT & FINISH, INTERIOR QUALITY"

Cons: "NO REARVIEW CAMERA EXCEPT ON V6; TRICKY VISIBILITY"

"I am a former owner of Audi and Subaru, and this is my first non-AWD car in a long time. After two test drives, the great road feel of the CC sold me. It feels like at Audi but costs thousands less! Unique exterior contours and styling, solid ride, quiet cabin, crisp acceleration, and a sporty drive feel with nicely tuned suspension and a taut German attitude give this car a unique personality. It has an elegant, simply designed interior, zero wind noise and it corners like a sport sedan costing thousands more. Superb looking Euro-designed two-tone upholstery (tan/black) with great back/lumbar support and bolsters, seat heaters and 12-way power seats...although they're not real leather. (At first, I was a little disappointed.) Well-thought out engineering and design features throughout, from the VW CarGo trunk organizer option to the chiller in the glove box and the mini glovebox to the left of the steering wheel (both standard). Simple but easy-to-use navi system, Bluetooth and a decent standard stereo system. I'm 6' feet tall with very long legs and there's no shortage of room for me. Rear a/c vents help cool/warm comfortable rear seats. One thing I wish I could have gotten but couldn't get without upgrading to the unnecessary V6 and that's a back-up camera. This car does present some visibility issues given its low roof line, high trunk, wide center pillar and steeply raked rear window. I've gotten used to it but it is a challenge until you do. I have absolutely no regrets about this purchase. I look for every reason to go for a drive...the longer, the better. Don't even think about buying an A4, a 3 series, a TSX or a G37 until you drive the CC for comparison's sake. (By the way, I didn't rate reliability because I haven't owned the car long enough to know...but so far, so good.)"

Lovely affordable sport/luxury car and good on gas

By on Sunday, January 06, 2013

"Great car! Best I've owned so far. Lovely affordable sport/luxury car and good on gas. The way it looks is sleek, dynamic and hot. The 2.0T motor mated to the 6-speed DSG tranny is really dynamic. Corners well, quiet inside, nice options. Truly a great car. Drawbacks: although the sound system is decent to good, I would've preferred the "Fender" sound system, but this is not offered as a separate option. Also, the 2 seats in the rear are sporty and has a nice console in the center, but should probably have 3 seats in the backseat(s)."

Nice car but dissappointing front end for 2013

By on Sunday, December 02, 2012

Pros: "2.0L turbo engin, DSG, bi-zenon and DRL LED lights"

Cons: "Lame front end"

"MY 2009 - 2012 were nice. You get upgraded to bi-zenon and DRL LED lights for 2013. However, the redesigned front end looks identical to a regular Passat -- very disappointing. I should have picked up a 2012 CC instead. I previously owned a 2009 CC -- beautiful car."

Very nice car for the price.

By on Friday, November 30, 2012

Pros: "Beautiful, well made, fun to drive."

Cons: "Narrow seats, premium fuel."

Love the Thunder alloy wheels.

"I love this car. It's good looking, the interior is well made with quality materials. There are plenty of details, like the glove box being lined and the hood not requiring a prop rod, that I probably wouldn't have missed but reflect the effort put into the design. It handles very well and the car never feels underpowered despite the relatively small engine. My only complaints are the narrow seats which can be uncomfortable on long trips and that it requires premium fuel."

Love the Thunder alloy wheels.

So far, so good.

By on Friday, October 26, 2012

Pros: "Style,comfort,performance,value"

Cons: "can get pricey in Lux or Executive trim."

"Just bought a new '13 CC Sport Plus, only 600 miles so far, but all is well. I prefer the new refreshed styling versus the '09-'12 CC, looks more upscale to me. These cars are fun to drive without being too thirsty, have unique styling without a total loss of function. In fact it's a more useful/functional car than I expected,try the back seat, it's good place to be. There are a number of nifty comfort/convenience features that often get eliminated from volume mid-size sedans to cut costs. Among "entry-luxury" sedans I think the CC is tough to beat."

I love this Car!

By on Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pros: "awesome in every way! Fun to drive"

"This is the most awesome car. I don't think I will ever go back to driving American Made vehicles. Comfort, ease of handling, stylish. Love the turbos, can feel them kick in and off you go! The car has awesome pick up and go. It makes driving fun! People stare at my car & ask what it is. In my area CC's aren't very popular. In fact, I have one of the first in my town!"

Great car

By on Monday, October 01, 2012

Pros: "Effecient, comfortable, quality build"

Cons: "Front wheel drive"

"I have owned four audis and was fed up with reliability issues. I bought the cc and over all enjoy it better than my other cars. Efficient, great design, cheap to maintain, and extremely comfortable. I do miss the the peace of mind of all wheel drive."

Great on the highway

By on Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pros: "Perfect car for long drives"

Cons: "Expensive"

"I bought my CC Lux Plus three months ago and took the whole family across the country. Loved every minute of it. This car is great on the highway. City driving is less fun, there is some sort of delay when you step on the gas but on the highway you can accelerate easily. The seats are comfortable but very low to the ground making it hard to get out. I wish my model had air in the seats (there's holes for air but no air) but I think that option is available. It is like driving a luxury car without the big sticker on it that screams luxury. Understated, beautiful and fun to drive."

FUN CAR WITH GREAT LOOKS

By on Friday, September 14, 2012

Pros: "Performance, gas mileage and great looks."

Cons: "Access for tall people and hard seats."

"Love the car. It gets excellent gas mileage and has tremendous acceleration. On freeways have gotten 38 mpg. When turbo kicks in, it really goes and it does it without fuss. The DSG 6- speed (double clutch) transmission is one of the reasons it gets such good gas mileage on the highway. When the car was parked last week in the paddock at Elkhart Lake, the CC got more attention than my vintage car. It is a fantastic, high performance automobile - especially for the money. There are a couple of downsides ... It might be difficult for entry and exit, if one is more than 6ft-2. That is due to the coupe design and the lower roof line. While the seats are great looking and very supportive, they get a little hard on longer trips."

If you love VWs you'll love the CC

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pros: "VW knows how to treat the driver!"

Cons: "If you have to be the carpool driver."

"Nothing tells me more about how a car compares to others than when my friends that own BMWs and Jaguars drive it and love it. VW did a great job with the design and performance of this CC. I only purchased the base 2.0 turbo 4cyl and it performs as expected. The gas mileage is better than reported. I get almost 40 MPG during my 35 mile freeway trip from work (at 60 MPH) a little less if I go faster but not much. I typicaly get 34-38 during that trip. Also, my city mileage is in the high 20's consistently. I owned a 2003 VW Passat prior to this car and I would continue to own VWs as long as they continue to cater to the drivers and not worry about everyone else in the car (who by the way do not make the car payments), like the american manufacturers. Keep it up VW!"

Worst car I have owned!

By on Friday, August 10, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage"

Cons: "Resale value, rattling front end, seat comfort"

"Rattling from front end. Poor seat design causing back & leg pain. Windows that open & shut when door opens, do not like they sometimes stick when door opens catching window. also lets water in if window does not shut. POOR RESALE VALUE I PAID OVER $30,000 with taxes. Trying to trade in, VW dealers reluctantly might give you $21,000 say they can buy cheaper at auction. Great thing to tell a vw customer. Talk about depreciation WOW!!!!! Last VW for ME!!!!"

Will buy another & another & another...

By on Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pros: "SAFE;GREATmpg;turn small area EASY;unique interior"

Cons: "No backup/parallel park help/brakeslow if 2 close"

"BEAUTIFUL exterior/interior - interior is beige & black on seats, etc. Drives smoothly; low noise from other cars. Has a roll bar, front and side windows all have airbags and anti skid brakes so if raining & you take a sharp turn the car won't roll over -feel VERY safe!! EASILY does "turn arounds" in small areas. Get approximately 24-25 mpg intown and 37-38 mpg interstate. 45,000 miles on it now - have never had a mechanical problem (had the Passat prior to this for 3 years - the Passat CC is better on mileage). WISH IT HAD: Factory installed bluetooth where can press "phone" button on steering wheel; navigation system w/rear camera & "help" to parallel park; if too close to car in front of you car will slow down automatically; moon roof that slides open - NOT angle "up" 4 inches. Apparently 2013 model will have all features."

GOOD CAR FOR THE VALUE

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

I own this car

Pros: "TOO MANY TO LIST"

Cons: "SUSPENSION IS TOO SOFT"

"THE ONLY THING I WOULD CHANGE IS THE SUSPENSION."